• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
has the rolling crate always been spawn able in training?
yeah nothing new there. It's been like that since Brawl
Do yall have a changelog or something? Also I was thinking maybe to streamline the updating process for those of us who have the 2nd latest version you guys could also upload the updated and new files along with the build. Just a thought.
I plan on posting a change list as soon as possible: things have been rather hectic today so bear with me while I write one up tomorrow!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Wait
Did the project make a return?
Hot damn, I've been waiting for this.
Hopefully I'm still in the team, I've been gone for far too long :T
Most likely you'd have to re-apply; since a majority of the staff is newcomers as well. Jasgx said it was necessary to re-apply, so contact either me or him with your application and some of your material you've done! If you want to be a part of the Beta program, same deal, but we need gameplay footage instead.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Playing this I'd like to say I don't like the fact that lucinas spike is extremely easy to pull off and that there is so ending lag on her aerial side special which makes it a safe move which in my opinion is overpowered.

Pichu on the other hand I have no problem with him. A little sfx adding to f-air, and d-air. And maybe you can remove him taking damage during his up smash. oh and is he suppose to be stronger than pikachu?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
yes suppose to hit hard but also very squishy
so he flies easily and does damage to himself but he hits hard to balance him out

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
yes suppose to hit hard but also very squishy
so he flies easily and does damage to himself but he hits hard to balance him out
Then I would recommend increasing his damage because I took a look his attacks are weaker than pikachus

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Then I would recommend increasing his damage because I took a look his attacks are weaker than pikachus
He's a glass cannon character; he works off of combos and aggressive play. If his damage was higher, then he would get free kills at the percentage of knockback he already has! Plus, adding more damage to all of his moves would take a decent re-design to re-balance the amount of knockback dealt from each move. I think he's in a good place right now.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Does the hackless version require Gecko (i hope not) cuz it doesnt boot when I go to the stage builder part of brawl. I do know that the PM hackless version boots when entering stage builder. Is there something I am doing wrong? I just downloaded the files extracted and loaded it into an SD card and it wont start :/

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
Does the hackless version require Gecko (i hope not) cuz it doesnt boot when I go to the stage builder part of brawl. I do know that the PM hackless version boots when entering stage builder. Is there something I am doing wrong? I just downloaded the files extracted and loaded it into an SD card and it wont start :/
It does indeed boot Gecko via the Smash Stack exploit. If it doesn't load (ie stage builder starts but shows no stages) there are two likely possibilities:
1. You are using an SD card larger then 2 GB, meaning Brawl will not see it.

Or 2. You are using a Wii U and had the SD card in while on the Wii U menu (before you enter the Wii menu, the Wii U has been known to hunt out and delete the stage builder exploit).

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering, is it possible to add vanilla Brawl characters to this? Or are there universal physics codes that make that impossible?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I'm just wondering, is it possible to add vanilla Brawl characters to this? Or are there universal physics codes that make that impossible?
The latter is true in this case; we can't add vanilla Brawl characters with P:M's codebank. Sorry man

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
It is possible but they would have unlimited melee air dodge

Last edited:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
It is possible but they would have unlimited melee air dodge
not to mention extremely effective for trolling your friends

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Nah there's no infinite melee air dodge Itll have brawl dodge but u can't do the brawl dodge more than 1ce

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Tripping is also a universal code I'm guessing, but it would be funny to have some characters more susceptible to tripping than others.

edit: Also, is this project open source? Can I use the engine to make my own build?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Ok, so is adding characters to this with Brawlex just like adding them to Brawl, or is there something else I might need/need to know?

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Ok, so is adding characters to this with Brawlex just like adding them to Brawl, or is there something else I might need/need to know?
Some more steps are involved to make them fully functional and balanced characters, but rough clones can be made. I can't guarantee every brawl clone PSA will work with this mod; so if random glitches/freezing/crashes occur, then please don't report this here! We re-build our PSA's to be completely functional with this project.
Tripping is also a universal code I'm guessing, but it would be funny to have some characters more susceptible to tripping than others.

edit: Also, is this project open source? Can I use the engine to make my own build?
You can make your own build of course, but it's not necessarily open source. What you see is what you get; so you can work off of what we've already made. Be sure to give credit and not to challenge what the project is already doing (we already posted our goals for the project on the front page). If it's for yourself, we can't stop you there, so go ahead! Thanks for asking BTW

Last edited:

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Told yah I would play the heck outta Lucina.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B19E7_TXneo&feature=youtu.be
(Lol bad quality)

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix Pichu's BPs and CSPs and get Lucina a green color, Mostly the Pichu thing though. It drives me NUTS that the recolors don't match the BPs and CSPs.
Already on the goals list; we'll begin work again very shortly. Also thank you for uploading this gameplay footage; it was very helpful for me to see how she's evolved as a character! Glad you're enjoying her! Have you considered joining the Beta Testers?

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Oh since this is very minor I'd like to say the roys team colors are a messed up (red=green, green=red, blue=black?) as well as mewtwo's (red and green are swapped)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Already on the goals list; we'll begin work again very shortly. Also thank you for uploading this gameplay footage; it was very helpful for me to see how she's evolved as a character! Glad you're enjoying her! Have you considered joining the Beta Testers?
I have actually applied, but jasgx never really replied. Well, he kinda did. I posted a vid of me playing Brawl, then he asked for PM, so I did, then he didn't reply.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
I have actually applied, but jasgx never really replied. Well, he kinda did. I posted a vid of me playing Brawl, then he asked for PM, so I did, then he didn't reply.
Send that same Private Message over my way and we can get you situated! Sorry, some of the Beta applications weren't communicated to me properly, so we had some issues processing them. Thanks for understanding.

Hyperion965

Smash Cadet
Got it to work. Hats off to the team that made this. Its extremely well made. however some of the aesthetics annoyed me like the recolors etc. I was wondering if there is some way to modify and add certain costumes, change music, change stages etc. cuz when I look at the files I cant figure out how to do that. The combat is awesome, pichu is well made (except for the recolors lol), lucina is good too.
Hopefully in the near future, the devs could add new characters like rosalina, megaman, etc. or even young link cuz those additions to project m unbound would make it a whole lot more fun.
Thanks again for this mod!! really enjoyed it so far.

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Got it to work. Hats off to the team that made this. Its extremely well made. however some of the aesthetics annoyed me like the recolors etc. I was wondering if there is some way to modify and add certain costumes, change music, change stages etc. cuz when I look at the files I cant figure out how to do that. The combat is awesome, pichu is well made (except for the recolors lol), lucina is good too.
Hopefully in the near future, the devs could add new characters like rosalina, megaman, etc. or even young link cuz those additions to project m unbound would make it a whole lot more fun.
Thanks again for this mod!! really enjoyed it so far.
Thank you very much for the feedback! Yes, we have plans to fix Pichu's re-colors not matching his CSS icons; we ran into some technical issues before release so we had to revert the model. We intend on adding new characters in the future, so hope you enjoy our progress thus far!

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Ok guys, so until this gets posted, here's the official changelist for Unbound 0.2 & Unbound 0.3!!!

Unbound 0.2 Changes:
  1. Added Sound Effects for Mewtwo
  2. Re-made Pichu’s Moveset and Sound Effects!
  3. Re-designed Character Select Screen Icons for Pichu

Unbound 0.3 Changes:
  1. All Project M Alt. Costumes Added into game!
  2. Fixed character colors in-game being different from ones selected on CSS (Character Select Screen)
  3. Reverted remaining unofficial alt. costumes from Project Unbound to Project M Vanilla Costumes
  4. All Clones have a 2x frame speed modifier on all Aerial Landing Lag (To make-up for missing L-Cancels)
  5. All Clones have a caramel-type color for their Character Select Screen Icons to distinguish which characters were built from the BrawlEX engine.
  6. Mewtwo’s Sound Effects further improved (Although not entirely finished)
  7. Roy’s Sound Effects restored to Project M defaults
  8. Changed the entire cosmetic makeup of the build! Menus, Intros, Icons, and more have been adjusted to better represent cyan theme!
  9. Fixed Pokemon Trainer still controlling Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.
  10. Added SDHC Support (SD Cards over 2GB in size); untested with Hackless versions
  11. Lucina Joins the Battle!!!
  12. Pichu (If you’re not technical with the game, this may sound like garble to you. Just know that Pichu has been further balanced since 0.2; but if you’re curious, here’s the list of changes):
  • Modified Aerial End Lag from 2.6x Modifier to 2x Modifier
  • Dair KBG increased, Base Knockback sharply decreased. Repeating hitboxes KBG removed; now has a set knockback that chains together more reliably
  • Nair Sweetspot Damage decreased from 12% to 11%, Sourspot damage decreased from 9% to 8%
  • Bair KBG increased significantly, Base Knockback sharply decreased. Hitboxes adjusted to prevent unwarranted angles on sourspot behind foot.
  • Uair Base Knockback increased significantly; animation corrected to better represent hitbox placement
  • FSmash & USmash Base Knockback increased. FSmash graphic size slightly decreased to better represent hitbox placement. FSmash Sourspot knockback increased. USmash is now a physical move instead of an electric move
  • DSmash added graphic to better represent mechanics of the move
  • Up-B speed slightly decreased
  • Slightly increased Run Speed (2.78 --> 2.81)
  • Fastfall speed increased (2.4 --> 2.5)
  • Pichu’s scale increased (0.95 --> 1.1)

Last edited:

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
So, I just downloaded this, and I picked Lucina for a few minutes in training.

Here's how the Lucina vs Cp. Falcon match should've REALLY happened in the reveal >:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHwhDrcYtw

I'd also like to report something about Lucina.

Most of her B moves have this weird Light Rectangle on her feet, here's what I mean,

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
So, I just downloaded this, and I picked Lucina for a few minutes in training.

Here's how the Lucina vs Cp. Falcon match should've REALLY happened in the reveal >:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOHwhDrcYtw

I'd also like to report something about Lucina.

Most of her B moves have this weird Light Rectangle on her feet, here's what I mean,
We believe that's actually a leftover sword graphic; we're looking into this and hope to fix this issue soon. Also that's a pretty funny match you got there; nice utilization of her Fsmash tipper hitbox! Glad to see you're enjoying her thus far; we'll be certain to make more progress on her in due time.

Top Bottom