• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I am having problems with the music portion of the build, It starts making loud buggy noises, cuts to a different song, then repeats and it is giving me headaches.

I honestly do not want to remove any music because then obscure music from Brawl's original soundtrack will play on a random modified stage that doesn't fit. Is there a way to stop the music glitching, Because that is literally the only problem I'm having with the build.
That problem is caused by fragmentation, defrag your sd card.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
It seems on my Windows 7 Computer, It can only defrag it to 51%, If I try it again, It just analyzes the SD Card quickly and does nothing. On my Windows 8, It simply just tells me there is no optimization available, preventing me to even try.

And I checked and the music is still glitchy.

Last edited:

igglybiblyjiblet

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5429-6814-5730
It seems on my Windows 7 Computer, It can only defrag it to 51%, If I try it again, It just analyzes the SD Card quickly and does nothing. On my Windows 8, It simply just tells me there is no optimization available, preventing me to even try.

I used to have your same problem of glitchy music. Basically whenever you get close to the limit of your SD card memory it just bugs out. All you have to do is delete everything in the card and put it all back in and it should work fine.

Last edited:

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I used to have your same problem of glitchy music. Basically whenever you get close to the limit of your SD card memory it just bugs out. All you have to do is delete everything in the card and put it all back in and it should work fine.
Thanks. I'll try it soon.

LinkDaBoss

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkDaBoss
3DS FC
2466-2931-6107
I have researched and tried everything, but I can't seem to get your build to work, Theytah! I launch the game from your custom Gecko launcher, but the game that loads is the normal Brawl game w/ an extra Wario & Pokemon Trainer on the character select, followed by a freeze. I've deleted songs (I have 112 MB free, is that not enough?) and I have formatted the SD card. What else can I do?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I have researched and tried everything, but I can't seem to get your build to work, Theytah! I launch the game from your custom Gecko launcher, but the game that loads is the normal Brawl game w/ an extra Wario & Pokemon Trainer on the character select, followed by a freeze. I've deleted songs (I have 112 MB free, is that not enough?) and I have formatted the SD card. What else can I do?
Try launching with the project m launcher

try using defraggler.

LinkDaBoss

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkDaBoss
3DS FC
2466-2931-6107
Try launching with the project m launcher
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but this is my first time using a build besides the original where the PM launcher is the default. On yours, the default seems to be Gecko, but I am unsure as to how to switch between the two. How do I go about using the PM launcher instead? I just do the hackless Stage Builder method.

Last edited:

LinkDaBoss

Smash Rookie
NNID
LinkDaBoss
3DS FC
2466-2931-6107
Eh? I need the Homebrew channel? Haven't used that since my old Wii stopped reading discs... well, if there's no other way to access the PM launcher, guess I'll get it back. Thanks!

Meridiuz

Smash Rookie
Hey bro! I know this may be a stupid question, but could you give me a brief explanation on how to make this build work with a USB loader? (like CGF or GX) it looks amazing and i really want to give it a try! but my brawl disc broke and im using a ISO now.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Awesome job on that build!

However, I just found what seems to be a bug, I was fighting against Chain Chomp (Kirby), and when it inhaling me, the game froze.

If it's because of the stage, I was on Wing Cap Tower.... but I never had any problems with the stage before

Hellhammer

Smash Rookie
Theytah. Quick question (2)

1) I'm a bit confused on the brawl shock. Do I install it manually orrrr..do I just copy and paste the files to the sd card like I would with mods.

2) How can I add my own music to the game? I think E.S. Posthumus would be a great song for the final destination ;P

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Aw man. Wait so brawl shock isn't an addition to the latest mod you made? Or brawl shock and version 8 are 2 different mods?

And thank you for the video. Helped greatly. :)
Two different mods completely, brawl shock was a pack I made before I started on my build, it's an old 2.6 mod i made for fun when i started brawl modding.

Hellhammer

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible that I could extract the files containing Goku skins for Cpt Falcon and paste them into version 8? O.O!!! Which reminds me, I want to get a Midna skin for Zelda haha.

My apologies for all the questions. Kind of new to owning a wii. I had been playing on my friend's wii for the longest time haha.

Nate Randle

Smash Rookie
If this hasn't been reported yet, Striker mario uses a flood texture instead of the cape texture for his side b

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Bought some new SD cards day so I could try out this build, got the goddamn mislabled ones that say they're 2GB but are 4GB.

I assume with the right cards this will work through the stage builder method?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Bought some new SD cards day so I could try out this build, got the goddamn mislabled ones that say they're 2GB but are 4GB.

I assume with the right cards this will work through the stage builder method?
Yep! only 2GB or less though

how does one just download and apply the character selection screen to his/her sd card
Just the selection screen?

If this hasn't been reported yet, Striker mario uses a flood texture instead of the cape texture for his side b
noted

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I'm trying to figure out how to edit sound effects. Particularly Falcon punch, but I don't know which file to edit

MV-Skipper

Smash Cadet
I want to remove all the sound effects from the characters and hear their original ones. So which files do i have to delete?

Azide

Smash Rookie
Hey TheytahK! I had an earlier build of this, and I was wondering if the results screen still show's Roy's stock icons (the little heads on the results screen) as Wario's?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey TheytahK! I had an earlier build of this, and I was wondering if the results screen still show's Roy's stock icons (the little heads on the results screen) as Wario's?
Right now I've been too busy working on 3.5 to update the pack, so probably not

QcVVeeD0S3

Smash Rookie
hi Theytahk, i tested your first Pack and your lastest ! and the old pack was having cool map and character !!! so could you re-put some of the good character into a new buil ? like Master Chief of Halo as Snake and hitler X) and funny stuff !

and also 4gig SD Card work for the mods... but i dont know if it work on the hackless method with stage builder ...

So thanks for the two mods ... the new one with mew two and ory is cool ... but it miss some cool character comparativly to first pack...

and just for knowing .. when can with wait a new build of BRAWL SHOCK ??? :)

Last edited:

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Hi there! Enjoying the build, much music, very stage design, wow. Anyway, I noticed that the Squirtle skin of Wartortle has the name spelled wrong. It says "Wortortle"

Also, the Gaur Plains music on "Castle Courtyard" is named Pikmin Journey

Last edited:

Bob Gonzalez

Smash Rookie
Right now I've been too busy working on 3.5 to update the pack, so probably not
Great pack dude. I found it almost flawless except for one thing, the winning music for sonic that shows up in the result screen is WAY too scratchy. If you could lower the tempo or something for the next build that would be awesome!

-Congrats!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hi there! Enjoying the build, much music, very stage design, wow. Anyway, I noticed that the Squirtle skin of Wartortle has the name spelled wrong. It says "Wortortle"

Also, the Gaur Plains music on "Castle Courtyard" is named Pikmin Journey
At this point I'm far too busy working on 3.5 to manage my build, but I'll fix it at some point, thanks!

Great pack dude. I found it almost flawless except for one thing, the winning music for sonic that shows up in the result screen is WAY too scratchy. If you could lower the tempo or something for the next build that would be awesome!

-Congrats!
It's supposed to be scratchy, it's the sanic theme

Bob Gonzalez

Smash Rookie
At this point I'm far too busy working on 3.5 to manage my build, but I'll fix it at some point, thanks!

It's supposed to be scratchy, it's the sanic theme

Oh I see, ok then the build is officially flawless haha. As for me the sound kind of hurts my ears so do you happen to know how I could use wine tricks, on wine bottler (because I'm running on a mac), to run super sawndz and audacity so I can make that small tweak to my copy? If you don't thats cool I was just wondering. Thanks again for that awesome build and I have confidence you'll top that in you're next project!

-Stay Pimpin

Top Bottom