• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Jyr

Smash Rookie
Hey im having this issue with dolphin where the emulator starts, has a teal background, and sits at 0 FPS with a black screen. I've tried redoing the whole process and I am getting the same results. Any suggestions?

Jatl8

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem as Jyr. Here is a screenshot. I did the steps you told me to. I am running it on Dolphin Emulator (Latest one)

I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Jatl8

Smash Rookie
I also forgot to mention, this happens when I start the game (Open>boot.elf) and if I press Start. If I don't press anything the error doesn't appear it just stays like the first image. I can't get past it.

Jatl8

Smash Rookie
Alright I fixed my earlier problem. The problem was that I didn't have the Original Wii ISO.

Now it works, but whenever I load it, it loads the normal Brawl game.

Any help?

Jatl8

Smash Rookie
Alright I fixed my earlier problem. The problem was that I didn't have the Original Wii ISO.

Now it works, but whenever I load it, it loads the normal Brawl game.

Any help?
I also forgot to mention. When I load the game (Using boot.elf) it takes me to the Project M Theytah's Build screen, it asks me if I want to save it (I've pressed Yes and No and both of them are the same) after this it loads up normal Brawl. It starts with the normal intro, etc.

Jatl8

Smash Rookie
Alright I fixed all my problems. Turns out I didn't have the correct Dolphin Emulator. (I thought I did) I can now play this! It's a very nice build.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I am having problems with the music portion of the build, It starts making loud buggy noises, cuts to a different song, then repeats and it is giving me headaches.

I honestly do not want to remove any music because then obscure music from Brawl's original soundtrack will play on a random modified stage that doesn't fit. Is there a way to stop the music glitching, Because that is literally the only problem I'm having with the build.
The best thing to do is move all the songs out of the folder and then readd them. The cuts have to do with a strange formatting error where the card is reading a jumble of information. Good luck!

EDIT: was on mobile and didn't see that there was 2 more pages of comments past your question. Sorry if this was answered already.

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Ran into the exact same "half-freeze" bug twice regarding the game's failure to load the Master Hand battle at the end of a Classic mode run.

I call it a half-freeze, because the game froze, but didn't completely lock up my controller. I had to Home out of the game both times. Haven't run into any full freezes yet (those which notify you with an irritating buzz and blocking all controller input at the same time).

You're getting there, TheytahK. I applaud your efforts. Just try to figure out what allowed the Master Hand battle to load in your Brawl Shock mod, and implement that in 3.02 v9.

Is it possible to fight Master Hand in your development build?

@ 42rockjock 42rockjock :

No, there is currently no Project M 3.5 version of TheytahK's mod. Besides, why would you give up 3.02 for 3.5, when 3.5 is a more difficult build (higher gravity, lots of nerfs across the board, including shrinking Mewtwo's tail)?

Last edited:

igglybiblyjiblet

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5429-6814-5730
Ran into the exact same "half-freeze" bug twice regarding the game's failure to load the Master Hand battle at the end of a Classic mode run.

I call it a half-freeze, because the game froze, but didn't completely lock up my controller. I had to Home out of the game both times. Haven't run into any full freezes yet (those which notify you with an irritating buzz and blocking all controller input at the same time).

You're getting there, TheytahK. I applaud your efforts. Just try to figure out what allowed the Master Hand battle to load in your Brawl Shock mod, and implement that in 3.02 v9.

Is it possible to fight Master Hand in your development build?

@ 42rockjock 42rockjock :

No, there is currently no Project M 3.5 version of TheytahK's mod. Besides, why would you give up 3.02 for 3.5, when 3.5 is a more difficult build (higher gravity, lots of nerfs across the board, including shrinking Mewtwo's tail)?
Because it's a better balanced game and goes in the direction the game should be going, aka its more like melee.

ValourWinds

Smash Rookie
Having an issue trying to set up Theytah's Build, wondering if anyone can help? This is a hackless method.

I downloaded all the files from his big Play/Development build, and added them to a 2GB Kingston SD card (not sure if this is considered SDHC or not), and deleted some of the larger like 15 MB song files from the file directory before adding all the files to the SD card.

Once I pop it in my Wii U then load up my Brawl CD and go to Custom Stages (Which is wiped too), the Theytah's Build Launch Screen starts, but for no explainable reason any controller I used gets unsynced from the Wii U automatically, like my Wiimote+, etc. And I have no way of getting past the launch screen though I see the Launch Screen icon flashing?? It could be a really simple error or misstep I made somewhere along the way..

I also have an unmodded Wii that I wanted to try the hackless method on but the Custom Stages screen on Brawl wont even read my 2GB SD card, for some reason..

TriforceMaster64

Smash Rookie
Does this new content replace any of the old stuff? (i.e. stages, costumes, etc.) And is it compatiable with 3.5? I'd just like to know this before installing, as this looks like an awesome mod... for a mod. Good work, though!

Xtreme Dragon

Smash Cadet
Does this new content replace any of the old stuff? (i.e. stages, costumes, etc.) And is it compatiable with 3.5? I'd just like to know this before installing, as this looks like an awesome mod... for a mod. Good work, though!
Yes, it does replace some things
It is not compatible with 3.5 yet, it is only compatible with 3.02 so far

Last edited:

xirtamehtsitahw

Smash Cadet
Xtreme Dragon, could you please try to use a color other than mauve on your posts, as it's a bit hard to read. You don't HAVE to, I'm just suggesting, as other members might also have trouble reading your posts.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Almost have the free time to update my build, would you guys prefer I update my 3.0 build same as it was for 3.5 or rehaul the entire thing?

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
?
Mines 3.5 am I missing something?
Thanks for this build btw did you know what can make money working at home and even win a free ipad with local girls? Just sign up for this FREE mmo here. wow!

I am joking, I actually enjoy your build. Thanks dude!

Almost have the free time to update my build, would you guys prefer I update my 3.0 build same as it was for 3.5 or rehaul the entire thing?
Update the 3.0 build.

Theytah hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
?
Mines 3.5 am I missing something?
No offense but could you please only promote your build in your thread? The whole reason for specified topics is so each person can highlight their build, it's not an add column.

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Apologies, was just replying to clear up confusion
Hey man don't worry about it, you're just psyched about your build, a lot of people are :)

On another note, I earlier asked you guys if you wanted an updated build or a new one from scratch. Due to the fact that I've learned so much about smash modding since my last build, I'm doing both! Making a bunch of new content and also updating all the skins that I made from the last build, if you want to help me think of stuff to make and vote on what gets made head over here! http://smashboards.com/threads/theytahs-pretty-pixels-round-two.346086/

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.

I have Project M 3.5. If I download this, will it overwrite certain things, like costumes stages, and battle stats that were changed in 3.5, or will it break the game entirely?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I have a question.

I have Project M 3.5. If I download this, will it overwrite certain things, like costumes stages, and battle stats that were changed in 3.5, or will it break the game entirely?
Since the build contains PM 3.02, it will overwrite the entire 3.5 files and you'll be playing 3.02, this is why I need to update.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so it's just a Project M 3.02 download with extra bits tossed in? Neat.

Question about the Daisy costume. Is it one of the costumes mentioned to contain a voice mod?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Ah, so it's just a Project M 3.02 download with extra bits tossed in? Neat.

Question about the Daisy costume. Is it one of the costumes mentioned to contain a voice mod?
no, voice mods affect all of the character's costumes, you cant have specific voices per costume.

Kamineigh

Smash Apprentice
Ah, now I get it. I've been gone from the modding scene for a long while now, so I have absolutely no idea what is and isn't possible at this point.

Big Chewy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chewy
3DS FC
0301-9994-4029
no, voice mods affect all of the character's costumes, you cant have specific voices per costume.
Yo man, I really appreciate you making your always awesome PM builds! I can really tell how much you love the smash community Best of luck on your 3.5 build dude!

Top Bottom