• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
so will the buffer be set to the melee buffer by default? will we be able to adjust it? I know we are trying to be as close to melee as possible but I'm addicted to 0 buffer and would like to have a 0 buffer when playing melee 2.0 too.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
so will the buffer be set to the melee buffer by default? will we be able to adjust it? I know we are trying to be as close to melee as possible but I'm addicted to 0 buffer and would like to have a 0 buffer when playing melee 2.0 too.
As of now we're keeping the adjustable buffer system, one of the options is 0 buffer.

We have no plans to remove it as of now...its pretty neat.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
what'r the buffers and percentages mean?
Buffer is how many frames your button inputs are stored for if they can't be used right away.

0[0%] means they disappear right away.(Melee)
10[100%] means they're stored for 10 frames.(Brawl)

-DD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That would be sick, but I'm not entirely sure what you would do to replicate it. You can put a code on for infinite super scope ammo so that'd be a start. Still, it's something that will only get consideration after this project is 100% done.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is gonna be tight. Not ready for a public release yet but when it is it'll be amazing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is the development team considering adding deterministic item spawns? Items could still be turned on, or off, but if they were on they would always spawn in a set pattern which would add some dynamics to stage control.
That would be too much extra work because you would need to go through every stage and pick a certain spot the item(s) would spawn at, I don't even think it's as simple as pressing a button or typing a few keys to change it either. It's likely not one of the goals of the project at all.

A project that I believe is pursuing that is Jack Kieser's item standard play in Brawl Tactical Discussion however, I haven't even heard much from him anywhere here about it so either A. he's working diligently on it or B. only did it to FD and has been busy with other things instead. Which btw, that project is for Brawl not B+, not BBrawl, and not P:M.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I phail...

i think the gravity needs to be lowered just a little, Snake falls like a rock, kinda like fox xD
No it doesn't. Snake is one of the fasted fallers in brawl. It's only natural that he would fall fast with melee gravity. It's okay for characters other than spacies and Falcon to fall fast you know. Plus, Snake would be the only fastfalling projectile character which should be pretty interesting.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
This project is incredible. I look forward to seeing how it turns out. The only question I have is this, what do you plan to do with moves that had no real use in competitive play in both melee and brawl. Examples of this include warlock punch, sing, ganon's utilt and so on. I think that it is about time that someone made these moves worth using even in the highest levels of play.

FS's would be interesting as well if they were balanced and tied to something other than a random drop.

Although, this is probably the wrong thread to be discussing such things. >.>

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If I were to request or suggest anything for not-so-useful moves after a stable release...
-Give Captain Falcon his N64 Falcon Punch back! It actually supported some horizontal recovery and came out pretty quick.
-Out of curiosity, does Ganondorf have a good move whose trajectory angles downward? I think doing this with UTilt would be cool. Samus' can hit them straight up and Falcon's hits them diagonally away. Or would that be overkill giving Ganondorf yet another strong move to hit opponents off stage? Maybe you could flat-out change the animation and make it actually serve the purpose of a UTilt (anti-air, good coverage, usually a combo move).
-I have no idea for Sing besides better startup, more range, and more effectiveness although Jiggs already has a great ability to set up Rest. I would say give her a recovery move, but that's not even necessary either...
-Didn't Yoshi's nB in 64 actually keep people stuck for quite a while? It's a total joke in Brawl and, I think, even in Melee.
-Did Brawl+ improve the use of Ness' PK Flash? I remember RC1 being absurd and then being changed in 6.0 (but still fine). In an even faster environment, will this still have some use?
-G&W's Bucket seems too situational, but at the same time you can't make it be able to absorb most projectiles. It just needs better use though. Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet share the same use, but I'm not sure if they actually get some good use in the right fights.
-Pardon my partial lack of knowledge on D3, but does nB have much use?

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
If I were to request or suggest anything for not-so-useful moves after a stable release...
-Give Captain Falcon his N64 Falcon Punch back! It actually supported some horizontal recovery and came out pretty quick.

This

-Out of curiosity, does Ganondorf have a good move whose trajectory angles downward? I think doing this with UTilt would be cool. Samus' can hit them straight up and Falcon's hits them diagonally away. Or would that be overkill giving Ganondorf yet another strong move to hit opponents off stage? Maybe you could flat-out change the animation and make it actually serve the purpose of a UTilt (anti-air, good coverage, usually a combo move).

Give Ganon his New up smash as his new u-tilt :D

-I have no idea for Sing besides better startup, more range, and more effectiveness although Jiggs already has a great ability to set up Rest. I would say give her a recovery move, but that's not even necessary either...

I've got nothing here

-Didn't Yoshi's nB in 64 actually keep people stuck for quite a while? It's a total joke in Brawl and, I think, even in Melee.

Its a setup for combos, not a kill move

-Did Brawl+ improve the use of Ness' PK Flash? I remember RC1 being absurd and then being changed in 6.0 (but still fine). In an even faster environment, will this still have some use?

PK Edgeguard?

-G&W's Bucket seems too situational, but at the same time you can't make it be able to absorb most projectiles. It just needs better use though. Ness and Lucas' PSI Magnet share the same use, but I'm not sure if they actually get some good use in the right fights.

Be smart with it and combo in to it?

-Pardon my partial lack of knowledge on D3, but does nB have much use?
This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfMoegHvcY

And I'm curious about Lucario's moveset/playstyle can anyone tell me some of his changes?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Idk, it makes the game feel more official for me, like have you ever seen a fighting game where ALL of the moves are useful?

I guess it is just me. I get where you're going but isn't this suppose to feel like melee? I mean, I can't really explain it for some reason but changing the characters we know so well from the smash series so drastically would just make it feel like it's aiming towards a better brawl, not re-creating melee. If that makes sense.

Revven

FrankerZ
Etwist, Brawl+ went through the SAME kind of suggestions from people and shanus was apart of the B+ team so when I say he knows what he's doing (along with his team), he knows what he's doing. So chances are, him and his team are not going to make every single move a character has useful.

So no, it's not just you. Having a bad move is sort of a balancing factor as well. Making Jiggly's Sing better not only allows for easy Rest set up it also buffs her in some way that she doesn't need.

Some of you guys are just going to have to deal with the same moves being useless or just not being THAT useful. Something like Yoshi's Neutral B being fixed has been questioned a lot in the development of B+ and there's just no easy way to fix that move at all. It, like many other moves, will likely remain unchanged (just MY personal assumption though, I don't know their true plans but I'm 80% sure that they wouldn't make every single move a character has useful).

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Is the development team considering adding deterministic item spawns? Items could still be turned on, or off, but if they were on they would always spawn in a set pattern which would add some dynamics to stage control.
thats what happened in the first melee tournaments. it just gets to the point where you memorize where items spawn, and camp those areas.

didn't work

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
And I'm curious about Lucario's moveset/playstyle can anyone tell me some of his changes?
=D Unchanged from his Brawl+ version. We're not positive/haven't discussed what direction to take him in yet.

What on Earth is the point of that? More useful moves = more options = deeper gameplay.
D: Some moves are better options than others, and after that point they're interchangeable with the similar move...which doesn't REALLY provide more options, just the illusion, and by that point we've probably created an imbalance elsewhere in the game...

Besides, I don't think there would be any way to convince Ganondorf players that they're safe with using their UTilt...
-DD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I guess when you have options like USmash and ESPECIALLY Uair for your anti-air, it's not necessary but sometimes I run into those cases where I think about using UTilt then remembering that I'm Ganondorf. It would benefit his ground options more to improve it, I guess.

Personally, buffing Falcon Punch speed while reducing its power slightly and adding that bit of horizontal recovery would be ******, especially if you can get his old animations back (both ground and air).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
like have you ever seen a fighting game where ALL of the moves are useful?
Yes I have actually. o_o

Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, Blazblue, Sonic Battle, (completely kills seriousness), and the fangame Sonic Battle Lost Ending Neo, though it's a very well put together game. Gotta love Japanese fans with too much time on their hands. XD

Back on topic, while it creates a good point, or maybe just the illusion of one, I disagree with the thought of certain moves needing to be useless. There's no point in a pointless move. It might as well not even be in the moveset at all since people never use it.

Look at PK Flash, PK Freeze, PSI Magnet (well I hardly see people use it anyways o_o), Homing attack for some people, and D3's swallow doesn't serve for anything other than suicide KOs.

There are other examples, but you get the idea. It's not a huge issue or anything, but it'd just be kind of nice to have moves be more useful. Or better yet, just get rid of the useless moves and have new and better ones. Though that doesn't exactly serve the purpose of Project M... o_o

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
edit: Wave Kusanagi totally beat me to it.

Though to add to his list, I can't think of many moves in NGNT4 what didn't look at least somewhat useful for their characters.

And hopefully HA canceling into aerials will make it useful. Though, I personally think instant homing attack would be more useful (Blank once made a HA that came out instantly, but never locked onto anything. However, the default angle of HA is really quite useful itself. It would be a very nice fix). HA would come out instantly, but have it's old endlag back (okay, maybe not ALL of it's endlag. That thing is stupid laggy). It's just an idea.

After all...it's not like Sonic's a character that could potentially break the game if you make this move useful <_<. The rest of his moveset should end up keeping him mid-high AT BEST. And that's me assuming that his change resilient recovery and the advantages of new movement tricks will be enough to buff his tier position, cause his core moveset sure isn't going to do it.
Sonic Battle, (completely kills seriousness)
I don't know man, Sonic Rocket seemed mad useless to me :laugh:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't know man, Sonic Rocket seemed mad useless to me :laugh:
Really? I thought it was a least slightly useful. Especially against Rouge when she would stay up in the air, or for other characters who would fly and glide across the stage like Tails, Cream or Knux. XD

Also...What purpose would there be in buffing Falcon Punch's speed but slightly lowering the power? Unless that's how it was in Melee anyway. If anything, I say speed up the reverse since it takes slightly longer. Then again, that's where the quick reverse by just tapping the control stick in the opposite direction comes in handy too. I dunno. o_o

Rockan

Smash Apprentice
i cant wait for this to come out can i down load on what you guys have so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom