• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
We could technically use the boot as his utilt and actually make it useful.

Regarding Sonic changes, I'll get you the list from VietGeek shortly.

Main things to note [this is entirely off the top of my head, so i might be wrong):
Usmash is faster.
Downsmash faster, less knockback.
Fsmash start-up a tad faster.
Nair is larger, initial hit stronger, i think invuln during first hitbox.
Homing Attack can be be jump cancelled & has IASA for special moves (aside from another HA) on hit.
Bair I think was sped up.
Fair links better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know, now that I think about it, I do remember messing around with those things during the matches I played. :V even uploaded them to AiB I believe.

Anyways, that's irrelevant. I'll be keeping an eye on this version of Sonic. I love messing around with the changes people give him.

Balanced Brawl Sonic is still hands down the best Sonic edit so far.

D

Deleted member

That'd be awesome. Btw, sorry about that pm, I guess I didn't read the first post properly.

shanus

Smash Hero
D3 currently crashes the game. He is that good.

[He is one of the major bugs with the current HAD code :p]

shanus

Smash Hero
Really good, just wait for ThatGuyYouDontKnow to come in here ranting about him being insane.

The aerial glide toss with naners, wavedashing to pick up nanerz, etc...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thats what I thought. The only characters I'm unsure about are Wario and Dedede. I don't know if they're good or bad. I can see Diddy being incredibly fast and technical and also have a sick pessure game(like Falco).

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I was going to ask for a video, but that's already been done.

Can you give us a projected release date or something? If it's not going to come out for another year, then posting a thread about it now is really cruel.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
I have a new favorite change for characters, however it might be borderline broken and I need to test it more.

Ike's aerial sideB has IASA with aerials. Mix that with edge canceling and it becomes pretty nuts.
could, instead, Ike be able to simply JC his sideB? with the crazy momentum in air, some characters could simply not edgeguard the sucker if he doesn't go into freefall because of aerials. instead, he would bypass the first round of edgeguards as long as he's got his second jump and isn't predicted as to how he's returning to the stage. i imagine he'd still be edgeguardable on the first go as well though, considering the gravity he has or will have.

as well, this would make for his grounded quickdraw to be WDable, which would lead to insane pressure. if necessary, you could add more startup to the grounded version. in the end, it would reward the technical prowess of players with a very mobile, though fundamentally lagging, Ike.
Edit: i could imagine this being a powerful mindgame tool as well, ahah. yeah, didn't see that initially...it might be insane for a character with this much range to give him such a mix-up for his approach. but i think ike would end up being a heavyweight in the style of ganon, with a collectively worse recovery, a disjointed hitbox, and probably less options from his tech chasing game unless he gets an initial dair off somehow. they'd be a lot alike, actually...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was going to ask for a video, but that's already been done.

Can you give us a projected release date or something? If it's not going to come out for another year, then posting a thread about it now is really cruel.
xD It won't take a year. Just need to iron out bugs and get all the characters into a semblance of readiness. Couple months at best, but it shouldn't take over a year.

-DD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Wow, why would you go back to the dinosauric air dodges of Melee? Brawl's are so much better.
What??? No way. Wavedash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gay infinite air dodges

shanus

Smash Hero
could, instead, Ike be able to simply JC his sideB? with the crazy momentum in air, some characters could simply not edgeguard the sucker if he doesn't go into freefall because of aerials. instead, he would bypass the first round of edgeguards as long as he's got his second jump and isn't predicted as to how he's returning to the stage. i imagine he'd still be edgeguardable on the first go as well though, considering the gravity he has or will have.

as well, this would make for his grounded quickdraw to be WDable, which would lead to insane pressure. if necessary, you could add more startup to the grounded version. in the end, it would reward the technical prowess of players with a very mobile, though fundamentally lagging, Ike.
Edit: i could imagine this being a powerful mindgame tool as well, ahah. yeah, didn't see that initially...it might be insane for a character with this much range to give him such a mix-up for his approach. but i think ike would end up being a heavyweight in the style of ganon, with a collectively worse recovery, a disjointed hitbox, and probably less options from his tech chasing game unless he gets an initial dair off somehow. they'd be a lot alike, actually...
I like this idea... a lot.

I'll give it a whirl and see how it comes out.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Can you remove the momentum cancelling on Zero Suit Samus' down smash so wavedashing it works? Right now, any sliding technique is immediately stopped when she uses down smash. Same with Paralyzer Shot and Plasma Whip (side-b) although neither of those are as important. I realize a lot of my requests are kinda wishlisty, but this one I think is really important.

Also, it'd be cool if neutral air did something nice.

Revven

FrankerZ
Wow, why would you go back to the dinosauric air dodges of Melee? Brawl's are so much better.
First of all, you have BOTH air dodges in this game in a balanced way. Secondly, Melee's air dodge isn't "dinosuaric" (which isn't even a word btw, I think you meant to say prehistoric which even then, it's wrong anyway). And yes, I'm saying your opinion of Melee's air dodge system is wrong. Bite me.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Why? Ganon's voice is way more evil in this game.

What? No it isn't. Ganon's OoT/Melee voice is waaaay more bada** than his Brawl voice. I mean seriously, compare his Warlock Punch sound in Melee to the one in Brawl. Oh and excellent job on Ganon SheLL, it seems that Ganon has his old fighting stance back looking at that Frame 3 jab picture.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What??? No way. Wavedash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gay infinite air dodges
Don't be silly.

You have to hit the ground some time. Infinite my arse.

@PG3: Poor boy.

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Brawl's Ganon sounds like an old man. You can't compare that to Melee's Ganon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yes. You can hear the evil experience he has accumulated over the years in that terrifying voice.

Meleedorf doesn't even compare.

Besides, I'm pretty sure sound #35 in that video is the sound of Ganon's massive balls slamming down on the battlefield.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Please, don't make l-canceling manual if you're just going to have to l-cancel every time. You're not actually making the game any more fun by doing it, and you're severely limiting your audience for those who can't already l-cancel consistently. That's just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom