• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
yeah that one stream recording of that falcon combo ending in death on pictochat against ganon. pretty sure you can check the vid to not delete ever or maybe change it in account settings or something

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
you have to go onto the video recording and select "save forever", otherwise it deletes.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
tried using xsplit to stream last night, and it was awful

can anyone tell me how to get the audio working? we wanted to record footage too, so we ran Pinnacle to record, then used xsplit's record screen region option to stream the game, but we couldn't get the audio working :I

Vashimus

Smash Master
Well, apparently the second-ranked Melee player in Georgia goes to my college, and I had the honor of playing against him in P:M. I was Peach, he was Marth. Needless to say, I got crushed.
Kinda the same case with me, although the pro Falco main at my college apparently got the Armada syndrome and doesn't play anymore since he gets bored destrolishing everyone.

cork

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm just starting to pick up this game competetively and I'm wondering how long it took you guys to get good at the game. I've been practicing tech skills for two months now but I still can't L cancel 100% reliably, not to mention the dozens of character specific tech skills I've tried and failed to learn. Should I feel bad about myself, or will I press through in time?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
this game takes a long time to get good at. I wouldn't worry much about most character specific stuff until you're more settled into the game, but L-canceling is definitely something to master. It'll all come in time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Is L-cancelling really that hard for some people? I mean, 100% isn't technically realistic since everyone is bound to miss them once in a while, but it only took me a few days to be able to do it consistently.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm actually having trouble hitting lcancels at a rate i deem acceptable with a lot of the brawl characters. It's probably because with melee characters, my brain goes "yea this is melee, do melee things", but when I play characters who are from brawl, my brain thinks I'm playing Brawl. Like, I can remember to do it, but I have to think about it. I haven't committed it to instinct and muscle memory, even though I feel like I should have by now.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Hey guys, I'm just starting to pick up this game competetively and I'm wondering how long it took you guys to get good at the game. I've been practicing tech skills for two months now but I still can't L cancel 100% reliably, not to mention the dozens of character specific tech skills I've tried and failed to learn. Should I feel bad about myself, or will I press through in time?
i've been playing melee since it came out and i still can't lcancel consistently. lucario4lyfe

Yung Mei

What do you use to capture footage, a Dazzle?
didnt even see you replied, yes, i used a dazzle DVC 100, and used the screen capture option on Xsplit to stream - from what i heard is that we need to use the "windows xp sound" option or something like that to capture the game audio as well, but it just wouldnt work from what i was being told

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
didnt even see you replied, yes, i used a dazzle DVC 100, and used the screen capture option on Xsplit to stream - from what i heard is that we need to use the "windows xp sound" option or something like that to capture the game audio as well, but it just wouldnt work from what i was being told
For some stupid reason, xsplit does not support direct audio capture from dazzle dvc 100.

You have two options to deal with this: The first is to download and use a Virtual Audio Cable. Basically, you select dazzle as your "wave in" and then choose an audio cable as your "wave out", then in xsplit you set the audio cable as your audio source and it will work.

The other option you have is to select the audio source as whatever program you use to record with. I'm not sure if xsplit picks up Pinnacle as an audio source, though, I use AmarecTV to record.

Also, can you not select Pinnacle as the camera input in xsplit? If you can, then it'll show what it's recording from the dazzle without having to use screen capture.

Yung Mei

i dont have any of my recording stuff, but ill try the 2nd option when i get the chance. if it doesnt work ill try using the first

i dont think i was able to, i ended up decided to just do the select region option because i could crop it so just the recording was streamed :3c

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
virtual audio cable also has a voice that says "trial" every 30 seconds or so unless you get the full version. i would suggest using amarectv like he said for the second option

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Cork I know its a pretty getto way of learning to L-cancel. But if you play with the base controls and use Z it for me majority I wanna say like 50-75% of the time will L-cancel for me. But it is good to get the timing down manually though due to characters like Link with Z-tether returns. I mean you can still use Z with them but you need to activate the arial first then press Z. Otherwise you get for example link just shooting his claw/hookshot out at people. I've played Melee for years like you in the same boat. It just takes time and you'll eventually get it. lol I should talk I still am learning more and more about this game. lol.

Actually how does one do the B-reversals with Falcon/Ganon. I try to get it but I can't seem to get past 1 reversal. Any advice?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
lol Charizard's moveset keeps degrading every single time it battles

Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Submission / Dragon Dage

turns into...

Flamethrower / Dragonbreath / Seismic Toss / Overheat

which saddeningly drops to...

Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Dragonbreath / Steel Wing

and gets **** all the way down to...

Flamethrower / Slash / Weak Tail / Seismic Toss

and people still have the nerve to hype Ash's Zard more than his Sceptile

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
I can't wavedash out of my shield while still holding the shield button. If if hold L the game doesn't notice that i press R. Is that intentional or is it just not fixed yet? It feels weird having to release L before wavedashing.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I can't wavedash out of my shield while still holding the shield button. If if hold L the game doesn't notice that i press R. Is that intentional or is it just not fixed yet? It feels weird having to release L before wavedashing.
It's something unintentional that is being attempted to fix. But for the while, you can light-press R so as to use L to wavedash OoS

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
lol Charizard's moveset keeps degrading every single time it battles

Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Submission / Dragon Dage

turns into...

Flamethrower / Dragonbreath / Seismic Toss / Overheat

which saddeningly drops to...

Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Dragonbreath / Steel Wing

and gets **** all the way down to...

Flamethrower / Slash / Weak Tail / Seismic Toss

and people still have the nerve to hype Ash's Zard more than his Sceptile
In the anime, I don't think the 4-move limit applies. I'm almost certain it doesn't in the manga, but I'm not sure in the anime. So it'd be:
Flamethrower / Seismic Toss / Submission / Dragon Rage / Dragonbreath / Overheat / Steel Wing / Slash / Dragon Tail
which is actually pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom