• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Skullgirls surprisingly seems to have a lot of women fans.. maybe I'm playing the wrong game ;)
I'm not surprised actually. I'm surprised nobody has every really considered making games that center more around the women. Perhaps the reason gaming is male centric is because the characters tend to be male. Why shouldn't having 8+ female characters to choose from appeal to women? Would be nice to see what the smash community can do for the SG community though, I'm hoping for a GEN3 showing to support both grassroots communities.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I thought I'd extend a thank you to Project M for pulling me into the Melee Donation Drive. It was really hype to be apart of and it really gives me hope for the future (My Mother is going to the hospital tomorrow for surgery relating to Breast Cancer, so this was extremely fortuitous and really was just what I needed.)

Also I think I might stick around given the amount of good-feels right now in the community, and the fact that I absolutely adore Project M

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This is a great community to be part of, Sun Jester.

I'd like to personally wish the best of luck to your Mom, and godspeed to her recovery.

Smooth Criminal

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Somehow, Super Turbo is rising extremely fast and will be confirmed for EVO at this rate. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN!
Fraudulent.

So super turbo is in 1st lol.
Fraudulence.

I bought Xenoblade almost a year ago. Played for like an hour, haven't touched it since. Usually for me to like RPGs, it either has to have addicting gameplay (Pokemon), characters and story that are engaging enough to keep me interested (Final Fantasy), or both (Chrono Trigger). I feel so sh*tty now, but I'll get around to playing it.
That's exactly how I am. I can't even touch an RPG unless it has an absolutely riveting story (FF) and/or some of the best gameplay I've seen (Dragon Quest Monsters), but mostly story. Unfortunately, Xenoblade's story is extremely generic for an 'epic RPG' and its gameplay didn't make up for that to me. This isn't to discourage you from finishing the game, though.

Edit: I was literally able to call nearly every plot twist in the game ahead of time as I watched my friend play through it for the first time. It was like all the story-driving points were pulled out of some cliche action movie or something. I mean, near the beginning of the game, I was able to identify exactly which (*SPOILERS*)
ally was going to betray you much later in the story
, among other things. This is a problem that I feel a lot of RPGs share, and my friend agrees, despite being an avid Xenoblade fan.

Protip: Xenoblade has both.
No, it doesn't.

I can't believe I have not finished The Last Story or Xenoblade. Da fuq am I doing with my life
The right thing.

Also Xenoblade is a great game.
You lie, good sir.

Life

Smash Hero
Xenoblade was pretty cool. I called a lot of the plot twists -- but not all of them -- and I'm a troper so I should be good at that. The gameplay reminded me of WoW, which I haven't picked up in a long time but was pretty fun when I did play it. The affinity chart ended up being a huge draw for me, as did much of the exploration--I never did hit that level cap and take on the 100+ bosses though. Maybe over spring break?

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I bought Xenoblade almost a year ago. Played for like an hour, haven't touched it since. Usually for me to like RPGs, it either has to have addicting gameplay (Pokemon), characters and story that are engaging enough to keep me interested (Final Fantasy), or both (Chrono Trigger). I feel so sh*tty now, but I'll get around to playing it.

.....eventually. (continues to play 2.5)

EDIT: STANDARDTOASTEROVEN I ALREADY GAVE AS MUCH MONEY AS I COULD, WHY MUST YOU FILL ME WITH GUILT DHDINFRIDJFNCJCNFJFK

:phone:
As JC said it does have both and Xenoblade is amazing hence why I am hoping for a rep for that game in the next smash considering then new Monlith "X" game is coming out probably within the next year. Have you tried The Last Story that game is amazing also. But generally a game that you might like if you have a PS3 would be Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. That game is like FF+DQ+Pokemon+Earthbound.

If your interersted in seeing the trailer for the New Monolith game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

Anywho still loving 2.5...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
That game only has both if you've never played a game with a good/unique story before. Then, I guess the plot could be called "original" (for you), but that game borrows heavily from cliche plot devices. I'm sure its gameplay makes it an amazing RPG, but that doesn't quite cut it for me.

Rat

Smash Lord
...But generally a game that you might like if you have a PS3 would be Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. That game is like FF+DQ+Pokemon+Earthbound.

Anywho still loving 2.5...
ASDGFUILK! =D

I'm playing through this right now. It's incredible - the story, art, animation, engagement, presentation, balance, and gameplay are all top notch.

The coolest thing about the game has got to be the Wizards Companion. I've already spend many hours paging through it - Reading and re-reading. So so awesome.

Ni No Kuni may very well become my favorite game. Gotta finish it first though.

otter

Smash Ace
whats up doods. I'm going to get into P:M after not playing any smash title for over a year and never playing competetive melee. Please tell me what sort of ATs or techs I should be learning as a first priority to improve faster. links would be appreciated! :003:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Thanks so much to everyone who tuned into VGBC yesterday, I was extremely overwhelmed at everyone's generous donations! I had a really great time playing an awesome game to raise money for such an amazing cause, and after tonight I am prouder than ever to call myself a smasher.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
whats up doods. I'm going to get into P:M after not playing any smash title for over a year and never playing competetive melee. Please tell me what sort of ATs or techs I should be learning as a first priority to improve faster. links would be appreciated! :003:
I really can't say but maybe B reversals and AGT's? AGT's help a ton with Link & TL.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If you've never gotten into competitive Melee, I would recommend watching Wak's old Advanced How To Play videos. They're pretty dated, but all the techniques are still explained, and all are relevant to Project M.

Wak's Advanced How To Play Melee videos;
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

MoshJarcus

Smash Rookie
Dungeon Defenders is my guilty pleasure. It has everything I generally dislike about video games.

Pay2Win, Artifical Difficulty, DRM, Excessive DLC,,

But for some reason, I keep going back to it. Also, pls nerf squire trendy

BrandX

Smash Ace
Well since this donation drive stuff has calmed down, I can post in here again lol

I just don't know what to say though XD

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I guess that counts. One of my favorite games in this genre is Lock's Quest (DS), although it also borrows heavily from the RTS genre. The music is pretty catchy and epic, the story isn't bad, and the gameplay is simply stupendous. Unfortunately, very few people even know about this game, despite the fact that it got several good ratings and multiple "Best Game" awards from major reviewers. Funnily enough, it also got the "Best Game No One Played" award from one of them, but I forget which. :laugh: Lock's Quest is basically the perfect example of a really good game that just slipped off the radar, probably because of bad marketing. :ohwell:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm usually not too big a fan of Turret Defense games, but I nabbed Defender's Quest on steam over winter, and rather enjoyed it.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
make sure you can consistently short hop and l cancel with your chosen character. those are THE skills to have. you need them to do everything else ever.

after that, wavedashing is useful for like... everyone.

then, it's just whatever specific techs your chosen character might have.

but definitely watch those links sethlon posted and practice l cancelling and short hopping, because shffling (short hop; fast fall; l cancel) is such an integral part of gameplay that if you can't do it, you're gonna have a bad time.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
Bubbaking, I love Tower Defenses. WCIII was all about TD's for me. I never touched the story, or anything else save a bit of DOTA.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I watched Reflex Apex Videos as soon as they came up, he played really well. Him vs Kage was dirty. 2.5 Wario feels like an actual character yayyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom