• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
In the future Matt please relay feedback through Metroid or Rat rather than posting it here. Glad you're excited for 2.5, though.
Holy ****, you are like the biggest tool ever.
Take praise when it's given, how cares if he said "squirtle is kool11!."

It's not even a leak, from what I hear anyway.

I for one, HAVE been playing a leak and it's super fun, and excited for this games future

Ike does has nerfs, knows bc I'm an Ike main and notices things

Props to Mattdobzeb for agreeing to not post about 2.5 and then posting about 2.5 in the SAME post.
<3 you

Strongcrab has been kicked from my sig, I'll be taking tryouts for my new sig soon, PM me.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Is any of this Samus discussion about P:M?

If not, then enough

It's not that I wanna play moderator, it's just that these huge comments are kind of an eyesore. If it's about Melee, then talk about it in a thread about Melee.
Melee talk should be allowed since this game is highly based on Melee.
If it was about PM Samus, Strongcrab would get all "don't tak bout that" anyway.
Cool it Mr.Mod...

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
Good Doctor, what's wrong with you ?
Matt has caused confusion about Falco's Bair / Falco being nerfed which could have been avoided if he wrote his feedback to Metroid or another pmbr member, which was essentially why strong bad posted that I think

and why are you posting that you're playing a leak ? :V
No surprise there are Ike nerfs in some versions because it's a test build if I understand everything correctly. Doesn't mean that it is what's supposed to be discussed here in "public". I guess many things are tested, so that you can say afterwards "naah that sounded better on paper better revert these"
:C

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Good Doctor, what's wrong with you ?
Matt has caused confusion about Falco's Bair / Falco being nerfed which could have been avoided if he wrote his feedback to Metroid or another pmbr member, which was essentially why strong bad posted that I think

and why are you posting that you're playing a leak ? :V
No surprise there are Ike nerfs in some versions because it's a test build if I understand everything correctly. Doesn't mean that it is what's supposed to be discussed here in "public". I guess many things are tested, so that you can say afterwards "naah that sounded better on paper better revert these"
:C
B/c I do what I want.
Also, if people go "OmG FALCO NERFED!?!" bc one person posted one thing that's silly. The issue I with the PMBR is the whole "we'll ban you if you talk about stuff" that was going on whenever a leak DID come out.

It's not enough that people are enjoying your game, and people should ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS refer to the PMBR for anything about this game, and not take other sources with credibility.

If they choose not to, it's their own fault.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Is any of this Samus discussion about P:M?

If not, then enough

It's not that I wanna play moderator, it's just that these huge comments are kind of an eyesore. If it's about Melee, then talk about it in a thread about Melee.
If we were talking about Mewtwo, then I would understand, but Samus is supposed to be in 2.5 Project M at some point, and if she's very similar to her Melee self, which she should be, then everything we are discussing should be relevant and applicable in P:M.

[COLLAPSE="Samus vs Mewtwo"]It's called baiting. The whole point is you don't really have to respect Samus in the air because there's a way to bait, react to, and punish every option she has against opponents that are below her for just about any mid-to-top tier character. Talking about hitboxes and landing lag doesn't matter if your options all telegraph themselves. Dair is great for pressure and starting combos, but its start-up is enough that an opponent that's playing safe should never be in a position where they can get hit by it. Bombs are just not that threatening. Many characters can bait it from a position where Samus has no chance of punishing, and either punish her directly, or force her to give up ground. It only punishes the most bullheaded juggle attempts. (For the record, this means these options have their uses, and shouldn't be discounted entirely, but their use requires an understanding and acknowledgement of their flaws, and the very major flaws of these moves are what you are completely disregarding here, and are what I've been trying to repeat over and over again.)

On the other hand, if you want to bait Mewtwo's teleport, you have to respect his position, give up your own position to read his angle, and react before his minimal lag is over. But if you don't respect Mewtwo's teleport, or tip your hand to the teleport you read too early, he can just use the move and warp to the ground or edge with you in no position to punish.

The point is that any of those screw attacks you're going for in your hypothetical situations are situations where your opponent can bait the screw attack, often on reaction.[/COLLAPSE]
Acknowledged and noted. I reserve my opinion but concede the argument.

#Tired

Which is it? Should the more experienced player be trusted to know what he's talking about, or is their knowledge irrelevant because it comes from before you started playing?

To say nothing of the fact that HugS was CCing his jabs before I even started playing seriously.
Well, as I said before, join date isn't indicative of experience. According to join date, Eli should not be good at Project M because he joined smashmods in April of 2012. Besides, any player should be equally trustworthy once he's been playing for a certain number of years. However, what I was stating earlier is that a newer player is more likely to pick up on recent developments in the meta, while an older player might take longer to catch on.

Edit: Not saying this is the case with us. Just sayin'...

clowsui

Smash Legend
STOP HASHTAGGING

holy ****

bubbaknig your hashtags are not only tasteless but also not a great way of expressing yourself

sorry continue with discussion

Skieth

Smash Apprentice
Will we be treated to an update today? I'll start F5ing just in case

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
My favorite character to watch in 2.1 is probably Snake. But not a campy one. Somebody like Professor Pro.

Also, it would have to be a match-up that isn't boring. Like Snake vs. spacies, or Snake vs. anyone who isn't Peach, Sonic, or Sheik.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
He has it, it's even the first thing you see in his trailer lol
(╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻ Sheik still has it, Squirtle has it, so why did they take it away from Lucario?! I want answers, dammit!
/exaggeratedranting
My favorite character to watch in 2.1 is probably Snake. But not a campy one. Somebody like Professor Pro.

Also, it would have to be a match-up that isn't boring. Like Snake vs. spacies, or Snake vs. anyone who isn't Peach, Sonic, or Sheik.
Honestly, I'm not overly keen on watching competitive play. Mainly because half the time, I can't keep up with the action, and the other half, I have no idea what's going on or don't know what the subtle gameplay mechanics are. :(
It really occurs to me just how technical and competitive this game is designed to be. I feel left out. :c

bubbaking

Smash Hero
(╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻ Sheik still has it, Squirtle has it, so why did they take it away from Lucario?! I want answers, dammit!
/exaggeratedranting
I actually suspect that whoever said that may have been misinformed. I mean, can someone confirm that the PMBR actually said or displayed that? If they did take away Lucario's wallcling, though, then that's really messed up. :mad:

Honestly, I'm not overly keen on watching competitive play. Mainly because half the time, I can't keep up with the action, and the other half, I have no idea what's going on or don't know what the subtle gameplay mechanics are. :(
It really occurs to me just how technical and competitive this game is designed to be. I feel left out. :c
Here, educate yourself! All you need to know to weather the tide.....for now.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I actually suspect that whoever said that may have been misinformed. I mean, can someone confirm that the PMBR actually said or displayed that? If they did take away Lucario's wallcling, though, then that's really messed up. :mad:
Nobody told me that, I found out myself by playing. Maybe they readded it in 2.5, I dunno. I sure hope so :mad:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
My bet is that Lucario can still wall cling, but he wont be able to wall cling out of Up-B anymore. Which would make sense IMO.

Just speculation though.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
So, how's Diddy doing?
You'd assume that he wouldn't need much changing, but I've heard nothing about his development as of late.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
My bet is that Lucario can still wall cling, but he wont be able to wall cling out of Up-B anymore. Which would make sense IMO.

Just speculation though.
But Ike can still QDWJ multiple times? Man, Ike only needs one to make it back safely, why does he get to have more than that? The same goes for Mario. He doesn't need more than one SJP WJ. If he actually does need more than one in any given situation, it means he should have died and is now abusing an OP mechanic.

Ecks

Smash Lord

Here, educate yourself! All you need to know to weather the tide.....for now.
I like how one of the top comments in the video claims that Bowser, Ike and Ness are "way too overpowered or cheap."

I know Ike is insane, but Ness and Bowser too? Really?

bubbaking

Smash Hero
OK people, he wall-clings out of Up B in 2.1, but only DURING the move, and even then at a specific distance.
You got it mixed up. Lucario only clings at the very end of upB in P:M v2.1. In vBrawl, he clung in the middle of his upB, whenever it hit a wall. The issue is over whether he can do it in 2.5 (the issue for me, anyway).

Ecks

Smash Lord
Last I heard about Diddy, bananas were staying, but only one at a time and you can tech trips.

I suppose these characters are under heavy testing which is why they're not even shown in streams anymore.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm definitely interested in Diddy, he's gonna be hard to balance

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Last I heard about Diddy, bananas were staying, but only one at a time and you can tech trips.

I suppose these characters are under heavy testing which is why they're not even shown in streams anymore.
damn, you beat me to it. Though, I guess since you can tech bananas, the strat of Diddy:M would center on his arials and grabgame, since they werent that bad in brawl in the first place. But I'm worried about his recovery, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom