• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Use a microphone as a last resort if you can't get your programs to recognized the Dazzle's audio. Or try and see if someone at NMW has any extra audio cables to split the audio from the Wii to the TV and into the computer's microphone port, IIRC.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Rockband mics are surprisingly high quality.

Kirby's getting...well I dunno how to classify it. Right now he still has Brawl dash attack because it's just better than burner dash. Smashes are solid feeling, aerials are pretty close to melee. Nair is a godsend, as are the rest of the awesome combinations of moves he has. Throws are all pretty beast. Tech chases off dthrow for daaaaaaaaaaaaayyys. Brawl hammer still works pretty well (much better than Melee hammer did anyway). Inhale isn't shieldable right now, which gives it more use, though copy abilities are still mostly Brawl, so no ff lasers etc.

His horizontal mobility is still kinda low, so lots of characters with the ability to change positions quickly have the advantage still. But he pressures those who he can close the gap on very very well, and gimps astoundingly well. He's probably close to high tier by Melee standards right now. I feel like he could use improvements, but am unsure yet as to what those might be.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I actually used that the last time I streamed. Had issues with volume being too low, though.

Also, it would be at a tournament so background noise ahoy. It's not a quiet venue.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Kirby's getting...well I dunno how to classify it. Right now he still has Brawl dash attack because it's just better than burner dash. Smashes are solid feeling, aerials are pretty close to melee. Nair is a godsend, as are the rest of the awesome combinations of moves he has. Throws are all pretty beast. Tech chases off dthrow for daaaaaaaaaaaaayyys. Brawl hammer still works pretty well (much better than Melee hammer did anyway). Inhale isn't shieldable right now, which gives it more use, though copy abilities are still mostly Brawl, so no ff lasers etc.

His horizontal mobility is still kinda low, so lots of characters with the ability to change positions quickly have the advantage still. But he pressures those who he can close the gap on very very well, and gimps astoundingly well. He's probably close to high tier by Melee standards right now. I feel like he could use improvements, but am unsure yet as to what those might be.

sweet. just nice to know he doesn't retain the esacpable grabs.

has the team ever discussed wether or not to give him something similar to his 64 Up tilt? or would it be to similar to Snake's Up Tilt? In the sense that the disjointed hitbox would make people cry in their sleep?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The ignorance is strong with this one. The game is by far more fast paced then most fighting games out right now. Not only that, I don't know where you are pulling this "doujin" thing from considering the art style is not japanese at all and is made 100% in the west.
I'm not sure you know what doujin means if you think art style and country of origin have anything to do with it.

Not only that, the developers went out of their way to teach players with a tutor system that actually teaches you how to play fighting games and not just some combos with mission/trial modes. It goes over mixups, how to properly block, and a lot more.
Sounds like BlazBlue minus the Squiggly.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sorry if this is a double post, I only have my 3ds as an internet device atm.

Kirby's ... horizontal mobility is still kinda low, so lots of characters with the ability to change positions quickly have the advantage still. But he pressures those who he can close the gap on very very well, and gimps astoundingly well. He's probably close to high tier by Melee standards right now. I feel like he could use improvements, but am unsure yet as to what those might be.
Better fast fall and a better L-cancel fair/dair would be great places to start from a Melee framework. Let him have Melee dash attack cancelable off the stage and his terrible recovery/air speed are at least fairly justified. Oh and give him Marth's extend-o-matic arms when grabbing.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No, I meant Chrono Trigger. I'd expected something magical and breathtaking before trying it out. It was... mediocre at best.
9k what are you Smoking.

I never played it until like 2010 when I was finally able to dig up a DS release version. It was one of the most stunning games I've ever played. Incredible story, solid gameplay, and huge worlds and variety. It makes me wonder how they did that all on the SNES.

No nostalgia glasses needed. Chrono Trigger was one of the best RPGs ever made, period. Top 5, I'd say.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As someone who plays a lot of Kirby in Melee, I'd make try the following changes:

Decrease the landing lag on Kirby's Fair. Remove the lag entirely if it's L-cancelled. This way Kirby can get the first and/or second hit of a Fair in, L-cancel, and attack.
I'd increase the hitstun and speed of all of Kirby's tilts, allowing him to combo more easily.
If possible, I'd increase the speed and/or distance of his wavedash, allowing him to get right up into their faces quickly.
Increase the sweetspot on his Usmash
Increase the strength of his Dair, so it's actually useful. Also decrease the landing lag so it can be used as an approach, though not as much as with the Fair.

This is all based on using Kirby as a very very close range fighter. He'd use his tilts, throws, SH aerials, and utilt (utilt is separated because in Melee it was his best move) to combo, then KO with an aerial (either Bair, reverse Bair, or Uair). He'd use his Fair and Dair to approach, or if his opponent leaves themself open on the ground, wavedash right up to them. Making his Usmash have a larger sweetspot and making his Dair more powerful would give him more ways to kill than just Uair.

That's my opinion at the moment. Does that match up at all to what you guys have done? If not, do you guys think it's worth trying out? Or am I just completely crazy and should go back to the RPG I'm working on?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Chrono Trigger won't ever be in the same group as FF7. I reiterate: Chrono Trigger is definitely a nice RPG, but far from amazing.
Just to try and understand your tastes, what other games are in this group?

As someone who plays a lot of Kirby in Melee, I'd make try the following changes:
list of changes
Try looking for Kirby videos in JCaesar's youtube channel, he has some old videos of chu playing, as well as more recent ones of, IIRC, Yeroc using him.

nawgui

Smash Cadet
Chrono Trigger won't ever be in the same group as FF7. I reiterate: Chrono Trigger is definitely a nice RPG, but far from amazing.

:phone:
FF7 was IMO one of the more low-quality Final Fantasy's. It's story was alright at best, and the villain was mediocre. Sure it had its suspenseful moments, but offered very little to what other FF games have offered to that point.

I would say Chrono Trigger is far superior in many ways to FF7, storywise, character development, and music.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh, the most boring FFs? Easy.

Anything Final Fantasy before 7. Pretty plain and boring. 6 at least has Kefka.

Any Final Fantasy AFTER 7. They tried to hard to be the next 7 and failed (8-10), or tried to do something extremely out of the box...and failed miserably (11-13).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oh, the most boring FFs? Easy.

Anything Final Fantasy before 7. Pretty plain and boring. 6 at least has Kefka.

Any Final Fantasy AFTER 7. They tried to hard to be the next 7 and failed (8-10), or tried to do something extremely out of the box...and failed miserably (11-13).
How could you think the 2D FFs were more boring when, on average, the battles in the 3D ones take approximately 100x as long as the battles in the 2D ones? I wish I were exaggerating...

Oh but Project M > all FFs. And we should like talk about it and stuff.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
can Kirby suicide throw kill yet, with his fthrow, bthrow, and uthrow (when very close to the edge and DI'd)?

Also, is Charizard's uthrow suicide killable too? I don't know if its changed, but on a really old video, i saw him uthrow while on the moving platform of Smashville, and then the platform moved out of the way before he landed, and he hit the air of the spot he started the throw from o.O

Furthermore, is it in the works for Kirby to be melee'fied any more? Talking about aerial sideB and dash attack. I'd love to see the P:M buffed version of those moves with similar vein to Kirby's overall melee feel.

iLink

Smash Champion
can Kirby suicide throw kill yet, with his fthrow, bthrow, and uthrow (when very close to the edge and DI'd)?

Also, is Charizard's uthrow suicide killable too? I don't know if its changed, but on a really old video, i saw him uthrow while on the moving platform of Smashville, and then the platform moved out of the way before he landed, and he hit the air of the spot he started the throw from o.O
That happens with kirby and MK's uthrow too iirc.

iLink

Smash Champion
@KingClubber: This is what i've noticed but might have changed some things by now.

New fair is a meteor, looks like this: http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/158000/158634_aim_atk.jpg

New dsmash kind of like mario's but longer

Nair doesn't "wiggle" now but has a bigger hitbox I think

I'm not sure what exactly homing attack does, but it seems like you stay closer to them after you hit them allowing you to follow up easier.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer

1) No.
2) That happens with MK and Kirby's(?) uthrow as well.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Can Kirby swallowcide cancel in P:M? If not, are there any plans to add it? Sure, it's almost never useful, but it's a lot of fun.

Stevo

Smash Champion

:phone:
FF7 ????

I'm not gonna be one of those people who hates on FF7, as it is a decent game, but you mentioning FF7 as your example to being superior to Chrono Trigger makes me unsure if I should fully trust your opinion.

I will admit I am biased to RPGs on the Super Nintendo a little bit though.

Which games, other than FF7, would you say are superior to Chrono Trigger?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Didn't Sonic get a new Side-B that people tried hard to tease about at first while refusing to reveal it then tried to get people to forget about it so they wouldn't keep asking?

Which obviously failed since I still remember it. ¦D

jalued

Smash Lord
Didn't Sonic get a new Side-B that people tried hard to tease about at first while refusing to reveal it then tried to get people to forget about it so they wouldn't keep asking?

Which obviously failed since I still remember it. ¦D
I think they were debating it but decided to keep the brawl one. I don't think sonic needed a new sideB to be viable

iLink

Smash Champion
Omg I really hope they didn't change Sonic's sideb spin dash. Contrary to what most people believe, the 2 moves have different properties and behave differently. I've been able to incorporate both of them pretty well into sonic's playstyle in demo 1. Most people just don't know what to do with them.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
All the other changes make him viable, He doesn't need a new sideB (however nice it would be to have)
Nothing i can say to that til i can try it myself. :p

Omg I really hope they didn't change Sonic's sideb spin dash. Contrary to what most people believe, the 2 moves have different properties and behave differently. I've been able to incorporate both of them pretty well into sonic's playstyle in demo 1. Most people just don't know what to do with them.
From what Neko said before, they had already infused those properties into the Down-B which would not make them any different from each other anymore.

iLink

Smash Champion
It's still had different practical applications that can't be applied to downb like being able to turn around mid-air with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom