• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Any clues on fixing replays yet?

And there should probably be a second trailer by the time of the second demo's release. The current one is probably more outdated than the demo.

Revven

FrankerZ
Any clues on fixing replays yet?
If this was what was holding us back in any form, you wouldn't get a second demo within the first half of the year.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the above feature to be usable in the second demo. It's not a matter of figuring out how, it's a matter of knowing how to do it to fix it. And to be truthful, only Magus can do it, and he is busy prioritizing other things... you know, making sure the gameplay is actually all good for most characters (hint: SCD, any bugs with codes he made, etc).

What has to happen is adding an additional button input to the replay format in the game to recognize that someone light pressed their shield versus full pressed it. When you light press in a match and you watch the replay, it doesn't recognize it and thus desyncs it. Because that input does not exist in the replay format. Knowing how to add something to the format, without messing anything else up, is what's holding that feature back from being fixed, among other things being more important than it. Like, the game functioning.

So, don't be sad if you can't use the replay feature.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
probably what will happen is that the demo 2 comes with a codeset that has the codes that desync wifi disabled, like light pressing.

that way, people can play wifi, but when they want to play offline, they can use light presses.

Flayl

Smash Hero
probably what will happen is that the demo 2 comes with a codeset that has the codes that desync wifi disabled, like light pressing.

that way, people can play wifi, but when they want to play offline, they can use light presses.
so the codeset will do that for me? no gct editing needed?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, I figured it wasn't gonna be in the second demo. A shame, but I'm fine with it. Seems Magus has a lot of work to do.

Thanks for explaining Falco.

Fingers crossed for Ness, Lucario, ZSS and Bowser in the demo! :awesome:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Oh I misunderstood, i thought the gct already automatically disabled certain codes for wifi

You're talking about having 2 different codesets available for download. Good enough.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If this was what was holding us back in any form, you wouldn't get a second demo within the first half of the year.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the above feature to be usable in the second demo. It's not a matter of figuring out how, it's a matter of knowing how to do it to fix it. And to be truthful, only Magus can do it, and he is busy prioritizing other things... you know, making sure the gameplay is actually all good for most characters (hint: SCD, any bugs with codes he made, etc).

What has to happen is adding an additional button input to the replay format in the game to recognize that someone light pressed their shield versus full pressed it. When you light press in a match and you watch the replay, it doesn't recognize it and thus desyncs it. Because that input does not exist in the replay format. Knowing how to add something to the format, without messing anything else up, is what's holding that feature back from being fixed, among other things being more important than it. Like, the game functioning.

So, don't be sad if you can't use the replay feature.
So... what you're saying is that since I play with removed springs, and the friend of mine I'll be playing with most of the time when not at smashfests uses CC, replays will work fine for our matches?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
For Demo 2, are you going to be posting a specific release date like you did for the first demo, or will it just be decided one day "ok, the current state is up to our standards that we wanted to reach for this demo, so it will release soon"? I know that you want to avoid the rushing problem that happened with the first one, so you'd have to be able to draw the line somewhere for "completion" in order to definitely get it out there without delaying it one day at a time for tiny tweaks.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I swear to god, you guys are going to make 20 breakthroughs mere minutes after you release the second demo.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace

All for it. Online's going to feel way different anyhow with the lag. Still should be nice to have the option anyhow.

iLink

Smash Champion
Oh wow I just did the speedtest thing and apparently my internet is faster then 93% of the US.

I didn't even know that. Legit.

Ontopic: Are Lucas' attack animations and graphic effects still being polished? I think his jab looks awkward and the effect on his utilt (at least I think it's his utilt) looks really bland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom