• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
Those bugs are only there because of rushing to get it out, that's it. These bugs are different from that and affect the game hugely for some characters.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
the only thing that was irritating me, KOF, was your complete lack of Dair (such a good move)

you could have spiked JC/Badguy plenty of times.....but yeah good gameplay
To be fair, D-air is hard to land and it was the first time he picked it up.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
hmmm.....i don't find it hard to land at all (but that's just me)

anyways, i was just giving some constructive criticism. I'm sure he would have taken a game or two if he incorporated it into his game style

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
It was a little hard to get use to zss because I remember playing her in earlier builds and she is way different. But for sure, I will keep D-air in mind. I also like her D-throw to jab reset if they don't tech; that's pretty cool too. As for the demo people, its not going to come out any faster if you keep asking.

No no, Kaizo13, it's fine. I will keep that in mind :).

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it's not just good offstage

it also has a lot uses onstage to help set up juggles/strings : dair>dair>uair>utilt>?
or even as a finisher : dair>bair

Edit: and don't forget you can jc her down-b....jc down-b>dair is good to mix up approaches

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I was watching a couple of the videos with Bowser, and I noticed something about him. During a bunch of his smash animations, and sometimes a an aerial, he seems to have a red hue to him during a few frames. I wasn't exactly sure what that was and am eager to know. That is, providing you can inform us about that.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I was watching a couple of the videos with Bowser, and I noticed something about him. During a bunch of his smash animations, and sometimes a an aerial, he seems to have a red hue to him during a few frames. I wasn't exactly sure what that was and am eager to know. That is, providing you can inform us about that.
Armor frames.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
2 of the biggest things i noticed wavedash on platforms look almost identical to melee im lovin that and also rob is going to gimp the hell of of spacies LOL and also falco400 chill bro people are just asking questions you get so dramatic when someone comes in and ask when its going to be released not everyone is subscribed to this thread/check this thread everyday.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
So... does allowing all those characters to be used in Genesis mean that the patch may contain extra characters? Or that the patch will be soon?

Yes, I only come to this thread to ask about the patch, and yes, I know I'm probably the seventh person to ask this.

Edit: Lol, posted this at the same time the as the post in before this one. Just stating that so I don't get mistaken for a (complete) idiot.

shanus

Smash Hero
The truth is that the concept of a patch is no longer really the same as we had first intended. Long ago, we had formulated the concept of a patch to address a few minor issues, but thats when we had a lot of success with some cutting edge codes. From there, we just kept on developing more and more while the new developments rolled in, and the patch evolved from simple tweaks to a complete engine overhaul.

The truthful answer to all of your questions is that there really isn't going to be a "patch" anymore, but simply put, a complete new version. The next iteration of Project M will be when we feel all the major gameplay bugs are resolved, and anything we feel is complete/show-worthy is included. This does not guarantee any new characters, but it doesn't mean we won't include new ones either. Given our rapid character progress, you can guess that I'm being conservative in my delivery, but you get the point.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
The truth is that the concept of a patch is no longer really the same as we had first intended. Long ago, we had formulated the concept of a patch to address a few minor issues, but thats when we had a lot of success with some cutting edge codes. From there, we just kept on developing more and more while the new developments rolled in, and the patch evolved from simple tweaks to a complete engine overhaul.

The truthful answer to all of your questions is that there really isn't going to be a "patch" anymore, but simply put, a complete new version. The next iteration of Project M will be when we feel all the major gameplay bugs are resolved, and anything we feel is complete/show-worthy is included. This does not guarantee any new characters, but it doesn't mean we won't include new ones either. Given our rapid character progress, you can guess that I'm being conservative in my delivery, but you get the point.
This was all i needed to hear a perfect answer to any and all questions that could be asked in the future thx bro.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Huh, I was watching one of the matches and noticed the winner changed characters for the next match.

Is allowing the winner to change characters standard in Smash? I mainly play more traditional fighting games and for those we normally don't allow the winner to change characters.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, those might have been casual matches. Let me know if I'm wrong though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Being able to change and counterpick characters between matches is standard practice in Smash tourneys.

:phone:

kaizo13

Smash Champion
the majority of the vids are friendlies

just the ones recorded on phone (bad quality) are from the tourney

jalued

Smash Lord
What did people think of the newesst meleefied characters charizard and lucario? Also, is it possible to know what balance issues you uncovered during the tournament?

ValTroX

Smash Ace

Front page this, Hopefully people read the opening page and stop asking the same question over and over

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Add it to the first page and update the title to say something like "info about the patch" or "reason why there's no patch yet". People tend to notice when the title of this thread gets changes (especially since Genesis is over, so it will stand out more).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hm, that's quite a different experience.

I'm not used to winners being able to counterpick in tournaments.
Winners can't counterpick. After a match, the loser picks a stage, then the winner picks their character, then the loser picks their character. The loser certainly has the advantage.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
Add it to the first page and update the title to say something like "info about the patch" or "reason why there's no patch yet". People tend to notice when the title of this thread gets changes (especially since Genesis is over, so it will stand out more).
I doubt people even read the titles.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Winners can't counterpick. After a match, the loser picks a stage, then the winner picks their character, then the loser picks their character. The loser certainly has the advantage.
Oh, so they still have to stick to their character if they win? I misunderstood.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Whenever I'm bored, I go to Smashboards and say to myself "I wonder if they've changed the title of the P:M thread today."

But in all seriousness, new titles stand out like crazy.
You'd be surprised how many people don't read the title. I don't know how that's possible but it happens.

Once the title said "no set release date" but that didn't stop people from asking about it. lol

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061

Why leave your fans to starve? Why choose to completely ignore your fanbase? Why release a demo in the first place if you're going to leave us high and dry. That's like having a girl work your penis till you get an erection and then half way through she loses interest and walks away. Thanks a lot Anus.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Why leave your fans to starve? Why choose to completely ignore your fanbase? Why release a demo in the first place if you're going to leave us high and dry. That's like having a girl work your penis till you get an erection and then half way through she loses interest and walks away. Thanks a lot Anus.
I'm sorry, this dude is a total jerk ... but I lol'd so hard I spit out my ice cream...:embarrass:

Spoon~

Smash Ace
For starters everyone is lucky that they even put out a demo in the first place. We are lucky the thread isn't locked and that they even show us any developmental changes.

The dev team doesn't owe you anything and leaving a post like that wont get you any further to a new demo. If anything, posts like that do the exact oppisite abd probably annoy the **** out of the dev team.

Tldr.. cool the **** down and get some patience.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
For starters everyone is lucky that they even put out a demo in the first place. We are lucky the thread isn't locked and that they even show us any developmental changes.

The dev team doesn't owe you anything and leaving a post like that wont get you any further to a new demo. If anything, posts like that do the exact oppisite abd probably annoy the **** out of the dev team.

Tldr.. cool the **** down and get some patience.

Ok suck my d*** Fork. I have every right to express my opinion and if you don't like it, here's my d***. Anytime you're ready pal.:oneeye:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Ok, you obviously want to start drama here, which is pretty easy in this thread. We don't need another flame war, so how about cuttin these shenanigans out before you get banned.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Ok, you obviously want to start drama here, which is pretty easy in this thread. We don't need another flame war, so how about cuttin these shenanigans out before you get banned.
This is a good idea, imo.
Knock it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom