• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
With dash/standing grabs, unless there is a reason to do a dash grab (samus notwithstanding) then you lose depth by reducing complexity (it just makes jcg the norm and promotes even more meaningless finger acrobatics)
dash grab is integral to ganondorf and peach's chaingrab game, and samus & yoshi at least both have better dash grabs than standing.
I'm also against RARing, because it erases the line between facing forwards and backwards (producing less depth by reducing complexity).
Same with dash cancelling (i think that's the term, I believe. Instantly crouching to be able to act from standing). Less depth by reducing complexity.
you increase complexity by adding options.
you increase complexity by adding options.

restricting options does not preserve depth.

additionally RAR is given a lot more credit than it deserves honestly. it's a legitimate technique, but retreating aerials benefit from hitbox dragging. in some cases you'd be safter to just retreat bair than do a RAR bair.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Not gonna change my passward. 'Cause I'm a boss. :cool:
Or maybe you're just lazy...
inb4 'don't say "lazy"'

But according to that announcement, we shouldn't worry about our information being leaked, so changing the password isn't really necessary. But I guess that's still a pre-caution.

Edit: But yeah, I guess I shouldn't have made this post here.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
lmao, that was great.

I hadn't gotten the chance to play P:M seriously with anybody in the longest time. My friend and I decided to just pick up Falcon even though I play Mario, Link, and Ike with more dedication. He also picked Falcon. Over the time of the match, my predication abilities were getting really good and my control with Falcon was getting increasingly faster. We were having tons of fun trading off really good kills. I think it might've been fairly enjoyable for others on here to watch although we're kind of low level players. Sadly, we were playing an infinite time match so we couldn't save the replay :(

Seriously guys, good ****. Can't wait for the patch to make low grounded knees and through-the-floor Dairs all the more possible (and Link a bit more fun to play, ****ing teleporting Nair).

EDIT: At the very least, footstool is mapped onto another button so that it can no longer be down. I tend to completely forget it exists when I'm playing. It adds way too much hitstun though and there's a considerable issue with it being untechable.

1000midgets

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just wanted to give props for PM. I play with a bunch of people regularly and it's a hit, everyone loves it.

Can't wait to see the finished product, keep up the good work.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It does, especially that he's been playing the game for a while.

Thanks for the compliment, one of many *******. :)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm five foot six, do I qualify as a ******?

How tall is Strong Bad anyways? XD.
i would say yes

see next part of post
4'11". I've seen him, like, plenty of times
iirc he's like 5' 7" or shorter.

anyways, im sure that the E3 games list containing SSB4 is fake imo. if the smash series continues the way that brawl is, SSB4 will be a very very very terrible game.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
SSB:T

Super Smash Bros: Tussle

Beyond picking characters and stages, there will be no customization options whatsoever for multiplayer or single-player tussling. Every match will be a 2:00 coin battle. The coins will be different colored plush dolls of Metaknight. Items will be on high, and there will be a grand total of 5 of them. Final smashes will be given to you every time you fall off the stage - even if someone else has one - and everyone will have the same final smash. There will be no hitstun, no gravity, and no thinking involved. It will be sold out everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom