• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so before it said if u ant to know about a character just ask. so peach, is she going to get some kind of buff or change compared to her melee self? I mean she is good enough in melee to be near the top but at the same time CF got a buff with side B grabbing the edge so will peach get something like more useful counter or keeping her brawl up-tilt? u know not a major buff but a nice small buff? or maybe keeping her brawl f-air range which i am pretty sure is longer then the melee range

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
the new mechanics of double jump cancelling seem to help peach immensely. she used to gain vertical momentum so slowly she would drop combos, now she can pop up really quickly with any aerial. does she need anything else? probably not

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
IIRC, Peach is keeping her UTilt animation and I think Peach Bomber is better too. The reason that she wasn't in the demo was most likely some small mechanics and the way Turnips work.

I know it's aesthetic, but I hate Brawl Peach's voice and sound effects, the Pan hit the most especially. I do plan to get good at the sound effect replacement to do it all myself though...

ValTroX

Smash Ace
sfx edits is very, VERY difficult to change(I tried and failed miserably). I really want Ike with his Japanese voice, he sounds so manly there xD. Anyway, can't wait for the patch release, I hope the team change their minds and give us a few extra chars(Ike, Boozer, maybe Weegi) that look like they are almost finished

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You mean like his vertical gain from Up B or what? It's staying, but I find that optional DJC is already a significant buff to Yoshi's defensive and offensive options when recovering. Both easily make him a much better character.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
sfx edits is very, VERY difficult to change(I tried and failed miserably). I really want Ike with his Japanese voice, he sounds so manly there xD. Anyway, can't wait for the patch release, I hope the team change their minds and give us a few extra chars(Ike, Boozer, maybe Weegi) that look like they are almost finished
It has already been stated multiple times that there will not be any new characters in the demo patch.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
You mean like his vertical gain from Up B or what? It's staying, but I find that optional DJC is already a significant buff to Yoshi's defensive and offensive options when recovering. Both easily make him a much better character.
I mean in terms of recovery. Sorry, pretty drunk right now.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
sfx edits is very, VERY difficult to change(I tried and failed miserably). I really want Ike with his Japanese voice, he sounds so manly there xD.
I really want a Japanese Ike SFX pack. I've got spacies and Pit with their JPN voices already...

Also, just the announcer call for Japanese Dedede. Dehdehdeh, not Deedeedee!

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its possible to short hope double fair. Its just the duration of how long it stays out for is off because of landing detection.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
Yea i know.. I can do it effectively in both games.. it looks so smooth in Project M though when you do SHDF or Fair Sliding..i just cant wait till the full version now.

Rion

Smash Journeyman

Perhaps not Marth-lolzy range, but...

I couldn't help myself when I caught it on JCaesar's youtube uploads. :)

P.S. Gifs are fun.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
so before it said if u ant to know about a character just ask. so peach, is she going to get some kind of buff or change compared to her melee self? I mean she is good enough in melee to be near the top but at the same time CF got a buff with side B grabbing the edge so will peach get something like more useful counter or keeping her brawl up-tilt? u know not a major buff but a nice small buff? or maybe keeping her brawl f-air range which i am pretty sure is longer then the melee range
She is keeping Brawl utilt and a few other things are still being discussed.

the new mechanics of double jump cancelling seem to help peach immensely. she used to gain vertical momentum so slowly she would drop combos, now she can pop up really quickly with any aerial. does she need anything else? probably not
It's not really the new DJC mechanics that make her so fast vertically. It's that her double jump doesn't have the incredibly sluggish dip that it had in Melee. What to do with her double jump is one of the things still being discussed.

Perhaps not Marth-lolzy range, but...

I couldn't help myself when I caught it on JCaesar's youtube uploads. :)

P.S. Gifs are fun.
Haha nice. I think she deserves that range, having the slowest non-tether grab in the game and all.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What JC said.
Her grab is very slow.

Does Peachy have the DJ IC activated by default?
If so, would having the dip in the animation with the TransN and setting the action/subaction flags to move the character help?

shanus

Smash Hero
What JC said.
Her grab is very slow.

Does Peachy have the DJ IC activated by default?
If so, would having the dip in the animation with the TransN and setting the action/subaction flags to move the character help?
when you try and edit her animation or use momentum to shift her down, it interestingly enough triggers her float, clearly a module related input

Slashy

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity are you intentionally not adding characters to the new demo because they aren't finished or because you need to make the final product look better.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity are you intentionally not adding characters to the new demo because they aren't finished or because you need to make the final product look better.
They aren't finished. People underestimate the amount of work these new codes require on old and new characters.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Slashy Melee airdodge is also called Directional airdodge...

Anyway, Dant's really on to something with that ai coding. and how come the falcos aren't hitting eachother?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I just skipped around the video so I didn't notice it was training. My bad :p

Slashy

Smash Lord
I meant that if you air dodge during a double jump, it doesn't cancel it, currently Lucas doesn't have this capability.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
So, legit question that a lot of melee vets are asking.

How close to melee are the devs trying to make p:m? I know that I personnally am not looking for a carbon copy of melee, just something rather close. Overall I'm pretty satisfied w/ the game.

Rikana

Smash Champion
@slashy: Let's also give everyone a JC air dodge.

Edit: @Shenanigans: they're trying to achieve the level of gameplay like Melee, so it doesn't necessarily mean they're using Melee as their only source. Smash64 had some things that were good about it, and so did Brawl (lol brawl). Its a combination of all three if anything but I would say the structure is quite similar to Melee.

Its kind of hard to answer since everyone's perspective is different. I've played Melee for quite some time and I gotta say it definitely has the Melee feel to it, but the minor differences in every little thing adds up and makes this game different from Melee; which, I don't mind at all since I know its impossible to have a carbon copy of Melee and I like to have new things. In other words, in my perspective, I feel like its roughly 50% Melee (this is based on the demo). It'll increase as development is pushed further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom