• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Also, would someone mind unbanning me from the chat? Or give me a good explanation as to why I was banned. All I got was a message from "StrongBad" saying "Bye"
Were you the guy who said they'd post a megaupload link?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Also, would someone mind unbanning me from the chat? Or give me a good explanation as to why I was banned. All I got was a message from "StrongBad" saying "Bye"
They don't want people posting mirrors on sites like mediafire because they could have done that themselves if they wanted to. But maybe one of the BR members can answer you better...

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
They don't want people posting mirrors on sites like mediafire because they could have done that themselves if they wanted to. But maybe one of the BR members can answer you better...
As I said before, I wasn't the one who posted it, my friend did. And apparently he didn't get banned.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
USB Loaders.

Pro: less loading time

Con: everyone thinks you're a ******* pirate (of course, not all usb users are pirates)

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
USB Loaders.

Pro: less loading time

Con: everyone thinks you're a ******* pirate (of course, not all usb users are pirates)
There are all pros and no cons.

This is pretty nice though, really feels like Melee, nice job guys.

I'll be playing this with my region tomorrow.

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
I know I'm sorta spamming this, but the fact that GAW cant fastfall his neutral b is just silly. He's such a floaty character and for this to be useful as an approach (or even a basic attack) enabling him to fastfall out of it would really make it a lot more practical. Flaco and fox are such fast fallers, and they can fastfall on top of their neutral bs, why not allow GAW to?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Thanks for the new installer, it seems to work fine now. A little slow in downloading the files, but as long as everything works, it's all good.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really like what you guys did with the font on almost everything in the menus. Mind you, this is all without seeing it in-game; I've been sifting through the files because I'm checking what I can replace in bulk and what I'll need to replace individually since I have a few individual changes to things.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Installer is not working for me. Only the team textures and music files are getting extracted to the directories I specify.

I'm running windows 7 64bit.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
hmm, I noticed the only things that show up after the download were a couple of Sonic pcs files and some brstm files in the private folder, I chose Hackless Wii, will it still work?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Quick question:

Is AI going to be enhanced in the final product?
Lvl9 cpus seem pretty good lol. cpu marth kept spamming side b -> utilt to kill... they edgeguard to some degree... and cpu foxes even DI the chain grab in the ditto =D

Question: does walking and then turning around stop all your momentum? ie. is PC hogging still possible? It was quite unsuccessful lol

Also, rest and knee are so hard to land >_>

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Only works with SD cards, yes and you should NOT see the .zip files, the installer automatically extracts them.
mmk, installed it on my SD Card too, still only see the sonic files and the brstms, no projectm.exe. I won't be able to try it until tomorrow cuz I don't have my Wii here.

would projectm.exe show up in a codes folder? I know that brawl plus .gct files showed up in there.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I know this isn't entirely relevant, but I have reason to believe that freezes occurring in the SSE will ever be fixed. I want to say that the freezes have to deal with the FitCharacter.pacs (the movesets themselves) being larger than the regular file size. I need to test this before I ultimately say that my theory is solid, but I have managed to play the SSE with some characters and not get freezes with some Brawl+ sets, but I haven't had any luck with any of the P:M ones.

Kanoleon

Smash Rookie
Hello guys. Just downloaded the exe file and I'm currently installing it now. I'm going to contribute as much as I can too. :D looks fun from the videos I've seen.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
demo it's great guys, keep to the good work for the final release :)

and thanks a lot for doing this mod

SnowMan

Smash Journeyman
mmk, installed it on my SD Card too, still only see the sonic files and the brstms, no projectm.exe. I won't be able to try it until tomorrow cuz I don't have my Wii here.
Projectm.exe is the program you use to install P:M to your SD card. If all you are getting is sonic files in your private folder then the installer is messing up due to connections with the server. Either keep trying till you get the whole thing or wait till everything cools down the the servers are working normally again.

This is what your SD card should look like after the installer is done doing it's thing.

i try this and within 5 seconds of clickin install i get "download failed: connecting to host"
The servers have been sketchy due to people overloading it tonight. Keep trying till it works properly or wait till another time.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
well ive been project m for the last hour or so...

i have to say that some characters feel slightly weird compared to melee, but i guess thats because landing detection hasnt been figured out yet. the ai is alot better though. no more jabbing in place lvl 9s and fox DIs Marths chain grabs now!!!! Shorthop lazering seems weird with falco as his fastfall is different in a way.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
OK, thanks dude, I'll give it another shot.
As a precaution I moved literally everything on my SD Card to a folder on my desktop and then deleted everything on it. I'm gonna try starting fresh.
If it works I can put back any custom music or textures I suppose.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
i dont think P:M works on a windows 7 interface. tried on two windows 7 computers, didnt work. and then tried on windows vista and it worked first time. idk if theres a connection but ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom