• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The Zelda matches on my channel are really old and was mostly trying out a lot of Din's (was also before grounded Din's was JCable). I'll put some newer ones up.
Stuff like this should be in the thread title.

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
Is there a reason why Zelda/Sheik's transform animation (before the other character starts loading) is so slow? I would think that you guys would try to make it faster like it was in Melee to encourage more switching between them.

Other than that the demo is fabulous. Are there any plans to post a complete changelist of the characters on the website?

Xyless

Smash Master
Awesome news, dunno if this has been posted, but the popular gaming blog Kotaku, posted about the Project M demo being released, with linking to your site. Congratulations on your hard work guys.

http://kotaku.com/#!5755489/play-super-smash-bros-brawl-like-it-was-melee-now

Also I think one of you developers should post in the comments saying something in response to the 'Why not just play Melee' questioning, that's just my opinion though.
Just gonna say, I was the one that gave them the heads-up last night. (:

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there a reason why Zelda/Sheik's transform animation (before the other character starts loading) is so slow? I would think that you guys would try to make it faster like it was in Melee to encourage more switching between them.

Other than that the demo is fabulous. Are there any plans to post a complete changelist of the characters on the website?
That is a change to make the loading times more consistent. In Brawl, the loading times were very inconsistent. While they may have slower startup, they can instantly act out of their transform.

And yes, the character pages (last two) will be up this week for sure, don't worry about it, just play and enjoy.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
you need to release the jump button for the aerial to DJC. its option-based djc.

Hold jump + avoid DJC, release jump to activate
Is Peach's DJC the same? I couldn't get it to work this weekend, but never could. Peach with a legit double jump is pretty neat though!

Also, probably already asked, but how come Peach didn't make the demo? She seemed pretty legit when I played it this weekend (I won the mini P:M tourney with her :bee:)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Lucas is hard to use (IMO all characters with DJC are), but he looks really fun. I'm hoping that some pros will pick him up.

shanus

Smash Hero
Is Peach's DJC the same? I couldn't get it to work this weekend, but never could. Peach with a legit double jump is pretty neat though!

Also, probably already asked, but how come Peach didn't make the demo? She seemed pretty legit when I played it this weekend (I won the mini P:M tourney with her :bee:)
yeah its option based currently. we couldn't fix her turnips terminating on shields, and thats a pretty huge change thats required

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i think i may have done something wrong. i have a hacked wii, i installed the files onto my SD card, put it in my wii, and ran Gecko. after that, it played and i can wavedash and stuff, but falco's shine isnt the melee shine, it's the brawl shine. and i cant waveshine with fox. is this normal?

also, falco's uptilt is his Brawl uptilt, and if you guys made any changes to the opening (where it says "Smash Bros Brawl. Push Any Button"), it hasnt changed in mine. i just figured it was changed since you guys posted a pic saying "Project M" instead.
check if your sd card is locked and if it has been touched while the game was on. if not then try downloading it again. thats all I can think of.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Had this big post up praising the work you guys did with everything, specifically Falco, Zelda, and the overall feel of the game (and of course taunt cancelling). I only have one complaint.

*Picks a characters while playing using a wiimote+nunchuck*
Announcer: "Failure!"

Real mature guys. Didn't think crapping over wiimotes was still funny after two years.
Agree with this. Project M will never reach an expanded audience with unprofessional features such as this. I sincerely hope this isn't present in the final version. I don't even play with the Wiimote, but I have friends that do who I've recommended Project M to. Don't think they'll be too impressed.

If you want to limit your potential userbase though, then by all means keep it in.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Agree with this. Project M will never reach an expanded audience with unprofessional features such as this. I sincerely hope this isn't present in the final version. I don't even play with the Wiimote, but I have friends that do who I've recommended Project M to. Don't think they'll be too impressed.

If you want to limit your potential userbase though, then by all means keep it in.
dude its a joke (much like the wiimote lolol) but honestly its all in good fun. dont take it so seriously. also i dont understand how anyone can prefer anything over a gamecube controller to play melee. or smash in general for that matter.

also since they arent getting paid for it they arent professional in the first place. so they can be as unprofessional as they want to.

shanus

Smash Hero
it was meant as an easter egg, it will not be included in the final version

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Nah, I know it was an easter egg. I still raged though, If I wasn't posting from the wii, I'd have posted the rage face by now (and it's variants).

So yeah, I kind of mad.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Still don't think Lucas needs DJC. Just giving it to him because he's a Mother Brother.
He sort of does. He doesn't have the typical doublejump that most characters do. He has the doublejump that has it's own special properties, much like Yoshi's, Ness' and Peaches. He would be a much floatier character and wouldn't be as fluid without the DJC.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
After playing for a few hours I just wanna say that the demo is extremely fun. a few things are off, but im sure that they have to do with landing detection. I hope that the final release will be more accurate. While I dont think this will ever take priority over melee for me I will say that it is a million times better than brawl. Oh and wifi still sucks ****, but that isnt your fault :p

i want to test online my fc: 4811-6645-8843 this is so cool

its still terrible. i played with someone in my same city and it lagged terribly...
you wont be able to play at even half of your best

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Idk if anyone has noticed this, but on the main platform (the grey tower in the middle) of Fourside, there's this invisible thing that can be punched right in front of the helipad. It goes away and comes back and you can tell its there just by attacking it. It'll make a sound and a little visual effect will occur. It also blocks projectiles (we found it using Falco's laser).

Can anyone else confirm this?

nytcrawler

Smash Rookie
the c-stick seems to only work at excatly NEWS directions and not at all if its slightly off. Is this only happening to me or are others experiencing this too. is that normal?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Idk if anyone has noticed this, but on the main platform (the grey tower in the middle) of Fourside, there's this invisible thing that can be punched right in front of the helipad. It goes away and comes back and you can tell its there just by attacking it. It'll make a sound and a little visual effect will occur. It also blocks projectiles (we found it using Falco's laser).

I heard it was related to stuff in New Pork City, and I believe the team already know about it.

Revven

FrankerZ

It's known and is because when Fourside is over NPC it doesn't completely get rid of some of the things that were there on NPC. But it plays just fine otherwise.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I wanna know how JAPANESE PEOPLE find stuff like this out so fast
Same thing going through my mind right now.
It's like when they were playtesting, they found ridiculous stuff and abused it until it was fixed.

crush

Smash Master
the c-stick seems to only work at excatly NEWS directions and not at all if its slightly off. Is this only happening to me or are others experiencing this too. is that normal?
yes this has been happening to me when i try to smash attack. same with throws. whenever i throw i must jam the control stick really hard in a perfect straight line

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Also, why does Mario not have a character page on the website? Every other character seems to. I'm loving Mario in this demo, I need to find out why!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom