• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i think i may have done something wrong. i have a hacked wii, i installed the files onto my SD card, put it in my wii, and ran Gecko. after that, it played and i can wavedash and stuff, but falco's shine isnt the melee shine, it's the brawl shine. and i cant waveshine with fox. is this normal?

also, falco's uptilt is his Brawl uptilt, and if you guys made any changes to the opening (where it says "Smash Bros Brawl. Push Any Button"), it hasnt changed in mine. i just figured it was changed since you guys posted a pic saying "Project M" instead.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm entering PM at pound 5 again, I really enjoy the beta, a lot better than the preceding alphas

Sonic is the best thing that has ever happened

crush

Smash Master
i think i may have done something wrong. i have a hacked wii, i installed the files onto my SD card, put it in my wii, and ran Gecko. after that, it played and i can wavedash and stuff, but falco's shine isnt the melee shine, it's the brawl shine. and i cant waveshine with fox. is this normal?
you need to use an sd card with 2 GB or less so the new characters will work

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
How will character PSAs work in Project M? Obviously they won't be balanced around the rest of the cast, but will they still work somewhat normally?
The way I see it, there need to be completed PSAs before that can be worried about. And Project: M will almost definitely not support them.

If anything, once the actual thing is made, there may possibly be a team of people who works on making a character and balancing them with the rest of the cast on their own. Of course, how many balanced PSAs are there out, really? Especially when the only ones I can think of that have full movesets and some regard for balance that are out now are Zero, Wisp, and Naruto (funny enough.)

Revven

FrankerZ
I got a replay of the marth glitch where he slides halfway across the stage after using up b. ill probably post the video soon on my yt account
We know about that glitch already and are trying to fix it. Someone already gave us a video, thank you for trying to help though!

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Loving the demo, so I am merely curious when I ask this:

1) is Falco's reflector supposed to be able to kill? the knockback gets pretty crazy for such a fast move.

2) is there a chance that Zelda won't go into special fall after using din's fire in later versions?

Everything else is super snazzy.
Are you having the same problem as me lol? being mid stage and accidentally killing yourself using it?

So far the character that impresses me mostly is Zelda. I don't really think shes that good but she has a play style that I really like. A few things I think could use changing would be the special fall after din's fire, She's a bit too floaty, Her UpTilt Takes a little too long, and she probably has the worst UpB in the game.

Her UpB seems good but I couldn't once use it without being punished. If you are touching a wall it seems to sometimes get stuck to it, even if you hold up. When it lands on stage it has a lot of delay. Sometimes it doesn't grab the edge either, which was odd but only happened once.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
So much complaining about Lucas.
Could it be that you're using him against melee top/high tiers, i.e., characters whose metagame has been developing for years, that you know are good and know how to use, characters you guys probably have a lot of experience with?
Against someone completely new, which you've been able to use for less than a day.

This is just a theory, but to me it kinda makes sense.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I find it difficult to believe that Lucas is a bad character, considering what he has available to him. People are not used to him; he's a Brawl exclusive character that almost no one used. He'll take some time, but I love what he has going for him.

Revven

FrankerZ
So far the character that impresses me mostly is Zelda. I don't really think shes that good but she has a play style that I really like. A few things I think could use changing would be the special fall after din's fire, She's a bit too floaty, Her UpTilt Takes a little too long, and she probably has the worst UpB in the game.

Her UpB seems good but I couldn't once use it without being punished. If you are touching a wall it seems to sometimes get stuck to it, even if you hold up. When it lands on stage it has a lot of delay. Sometimes it doesn't grab the edge either, which was odd but only happened once.
Din's Fire can be AD'd in the air to use to waveland with and plant more Dins around. Her Up B (grounded) can be air dodged out of as well for optimal trixies.

Trust me, she's really good if you know how to use her properly.

Falco's shine is the same as Melee, we cannot stress enough how all the Melee characters (high/top tier) have the same stats for their moves directly ripped from Melee's character .dats. If you're seeing eery problems you need to probably redownload his .pac.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ooohhhh, that's how Magus was moving his Zelda around so quickly. I really got to tell my friend that.

cooler1339

Smash Apprentice
Din's Fire can be AD'd in the air to use to waveland with and plant more Dins around. Her Up B (grounded) can be air dodged out of as well for optimal trixies.

Falco's shine is the same as Melee, we cannot stress enough how all the Melee characters (high/top tier) have the same stats for their moves directly ripped from Melee's character .dats. If you're seeing eery problems you need to probably redownload his .pac.
I would have never thought to try that, thanks for the advice.

Oracle

Smash Master
So amazing! So so sooooo amazing!

Does anyone think ganon's jump is a little lower or is it just me?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Hey, is Brinstar still legal? I just noticed that Ganondorf's Flame Choke through the lava thing still works ;)

.Fade

Smash Journeyman

Ninja'd, I was about to say if you haven't seen Magus's Zelda, you have NOT seen Zelda:M in full force XP

shanus

Smash Hero
Anyone who doubts lucas' potential needs to play lucas more. All his aerials are good. His combo potential is insane, but he isn't easy to play. Give him some practice and I guarantee you'll change your mind.

Also Zelda players - go watch magus' channel for pointers

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I find it difficult to believe that Lucas is a bad character, considering what he has available to him. People are not used to him; he's a Brawl exclusive character that almost no one used. He'll take some time, but I love what he has going for him.
Good God I love the new Lucas. I mained him before P:M because he was fun to play as, but he's actually a great character now. I love offense up, > PK Freeze, and I love the new PK Freeze effect on PK Fire, it actually seems like a comprable difference between the two Mother characters now!
Does anyone know if they are going to make P:M tiers? I think that Lucas might go up at least 3-4 with the absence of his insane grab lag/horrible neutral special. He was always a good fighter, or at least had potential, he has great aerials and his side and up smashes are insane, but he seems like an actual contender now! I can't wait for my friend to come over so I can kick his Ike lovin *** with my new Super Lucas!

Oracle

Smash Master
But djc doesn't work properly, so he's a bit floaty and slower. He is pretty good from what I've seen but if that can get fixed he'll be a boss

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Awesome news, dunno if this has been posted, but the popular gaming blog Kotaku, posted about the Project M demo being released, with linking to your site. Congratulations on your hard work guys.

http://kotaku.com/#!5755489/play-super-smash-bros-brawl-like-it-was-melee-now

Also I think one of you developers should post in the comments saying something in response to the 'Why not just play Melee' questioning, that's just my opinion though.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Had this big post up praising the work you guys did with everything, specifically Falco, Zelda, and the overall feel of the game (and of course taunt cancelling). I only have one complaint.

*Picks a characters while playing using a wiimote+nunchuck*
Announcer: "Failure!"

Real mature guys. Didn't think crapping over wiimotes was still funny after two years.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Had this big post up praising the work you guys did with everything, specifically Falco, Zelda, and the overall feel of the game (and of course taunt cancelling). I only have one complaint.

Real mature guys. Didn't think crapping over wiimotes was still funny after two years.
Oh believe me, it is. :cool:

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Awesome news, dunno if this has been posted, but the popular gaming blog Kotaku, posted about the Project M demo being released, with linking to your site. Congratulations on your hard work guys.

http://kotaku.com/#!5755489/play-super-smash-bros-brawl-like-it-was-melee-now

Also I think one of you developers should post in the comments saying something in response to the 'Why not just play Melee' questioning, that's just my opinion though.
They posted about PM in Kotaku a while ago, it was only a matter of time after the demo was released for it to get another mention over there.

I hope people try this after reading the article, I just hate when people go around saying this sucks without even trying it, which was the case with a lot of the comments last time.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

u ma d

standardtoaster

Tubacabra

:troll:

I love my code. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom