• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I hate it when developers aren't loyal enough to tell us what exactly they're doing. I mean, I understand the gist but they're practically watching this thread at the same time while possibly in BrawlBox modifying whatever.
Loyal enough?

Yo. Think before you speak, otherwise you sound like a douchebag. Kinda like now.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I hate it when developers aren't loyal enough to tell us what exactly they're doing. I mean, I understand the gist but they're practically watching this thread at the same time while possibly in BrawlBox modifying whatever.
Don't even think they're like that. They have their reasons. Although, I like to think we're just being messed around. :urg:

Actually it only seems that one of the hit counters are working well.
idk, maybe everyone is going on the second link? Copy and paste works wonders btw.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Don't even think they're like that. They have their reasons. Although, I like to think we're just being messed around. :urg:
I never thought they were like that, I understand they're busy polishing the final touches. I just like it when some developers give away little bits of information, but I don't think that really applies here, hm?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Magus is the only one still making changes at this point. He's editing things like ledge grab ranges that the rest of us don't have as much experience or skill at doing.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
If it doesn't get released today, at least I did something productive while waiting (Physics lab report xD)
I have a headache now. Have fun with physics. Ask me if you've got any questions ;)

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Sorry, "complain" was the first word that came to my mind, my vocabulary sucks. I just couldn't help noticing that you made a grammar mistake back there. "Only one of the hit counters IS working well"

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Magus is the only one still making changes at this point. He's editing things like ledge grab ranges that the rest of us don't have as much experience or skill at doing.
Oh look, a non loyal developer.
/sarcasm.

Edit: Hype meter rising again!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Yeah. We actually hate you guys. That's why we're not releasing yet. Not because we're perfectionists or anything.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Okay. It's all good now. :3 I wish my post didn't sound so arrogant-like, though. >__>

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Sorry, "complain" was the first word that came to my mind, my vocabulary sucks. I just couldn't help noticing that you made a grammar mistake back there. "Only one of the hit counters IS working well"
Really? Is it actually "IS"? "Are" sounds so much better in that context, and I'm pretty sure that's the ruling for that. Hell if I know, I'm not too big on being a grammar nazi when it comes to myself.

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
That...kind of seems like the sort of thing that should have been done earlier.

Not that I'm complaining or anything

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
How can teh hype be dying if we have 265 people in the thread and 139 in the chat?
Maybe others, like me, are here to laugh at all of the idiocy and the inevitable delay of the release. Which will only activate more hilarity.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow u guys are doing that now???.....we could wait another day u know

don't rush it

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
Really? Is it actually "IS"? "Are" sounds so much better in that context, and I'm pretty sure that's the ruling for that. Hell if I know, I'm not too big on being a grammar nazi when it comes to myself.
Is - for singular objects
Are - for plural objects

Hit counters is being referred to as a singular item in context because the real object it "Only one."

If it was "Hit counters are working," then yes that would be the case. However, since you said Only one of the hit counters ... "is" is the word for the ......ok you get it /grammar.
EDIT: and i was ninjad...
<3

don't rush it
Rush it, give us a copy, fix it later, stop all the *****ing and get lots of love from the community.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Cant believe the developers didn't meet their deadline for the demo...

Oh well, still, this is like a (delayed) dream come true
It's not an uncommon thing, it happens all the time. At least they're trying.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
of the counters has the plural counters, but it is in a prepositional phrase and cannot be the subcject. One ended up being the subject and that is (obviously) singular, therefore, IS should be used as the verb

ENGLISH 101 BY A PERSON WHO PROBABLY HAS LIKE 20 SPELLING/GRAMMER MISTAKES IN THIS POST ;)

EDIT: and i was ninjad...

Revven

FrankerZ
That...kind of seems like the sort of thing that should have been done earlier.

Not that I'm complaining or anything

don't rush it
It's more like, we did them already but they weren't exact or polished enough so Magus has been for about three days going through each demo character. It's more of a fine-tuning... like you know how you saw Marth grab from so far away backwards? Yeah.

He's actually almost done, not joking.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I'm pretty sure it is IS although I could be wrong since english isn't my mothertongue. "Are" just sounded wrong to me. Also, lol we're discussing grammar while waiting for the demo release.

At this point I would really like to thank the P:M team for their hard work, it's a amazing what you guys have done and I feel that this hack is going to change this community forever. Just take your time, we'll be waiting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom