• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo

Smash Champion
is wall grapple still an issue?

Also, I tried to find something about footstools on the OP, but had no luck.
what is the plan for that? Excluded? mapped to a different button?

I'm sure it has been answered at some point....

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Means that to use footstool you need to press up in the digital pad.

But you can remap to your non used jump button btw
May seem like a silly question, but does this mean footstooling is impossible, or stupidly difficult to pull off?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
May seem like a silly question, but does this mean footstooling is impossible, or stupidly difficult to pull off?
It means that by mapping a button to "uptaunt" using custom controls, you can assign yourself a "footstool" button.

That...or you can press uptaunt on the d-pad to footstool, which is only slightly awkward.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I never played much Brawl, so I'm not really familiar with footstooling.

Was it useful or was it just a gimmick?
Did footstool jumps have significant knockback and, if they did, did it increase with damage?

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
It means that by mapping a button to "uptaunt" using custom controls, you can assign yourself a "footstool" button.

That...or you can press uptaunt on the d-pad to footstool, which is only slightly awkward.
Ah, okay. So it's optional if you want it or not.

I never played much Brawl, so I'm not really familiar with footstooling.

Was it useful or was it just a gimmick?
Did footstool jumps have significant knockback and, if they did, did it increase with damage?
It was like, kind of useful. At medium to higher percentages it could be used to kill, but it's sort of difficult to pull off, and was fairly situational.

It doesn't do damage in vBrawl.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For example, just last night magus refined about 15 or so constants that significantly tighten up joystick sensitivities to better match the input systems to melee. This alone significantly enhances the transferrability and feel of gameplay. Development is rapid.

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some big news :)

10hypes
Great to hear.

Now no buffer won't feel akward to me.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure footstooling will be taken out before the final product is out

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
footstooling was used for combos. It puts them in a lot of hitstun for some reason, doesn't take your double jump, etc. with luigi i liked to footstool nair (both of us in air) then double jump nair/fire uppercut lol. it's mostly gimmicky though

kaizo13

Smash Champion
im pretty sure i only said that to get a straight answer :p (seems to be the only way to get u guys to talk)

so how are u guys tweaking it then?

Revven

FrankerZ
We're not tweaking footstools... I don't know what gave you that idea... the only difference is you can tech them so stupid infinites that existed in Brawl with them no longer do.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so no more phantom footstools?...(footstools in general give way too much of a vertical boost)

Revven

FrankerZ
That only happens because jump and footstools were mapped to the same button, now that they aren't you actually can control when that happens so... it never really does. It's also something that once again would require Dantarion to "fix" which I would much rather him work on DI and a bunch of other way more important codes (like I don't know throw weight independent KB). "Phantom footstool" to reiterate doesn't happen really when you can control when you want to footstool.

I'm sorry if it bugs you a **** ton kaizo but it's not really a priority especially since footstool's main problem was button input like a bunch of other problems with Brawl are.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
None and there's nothing we can really do about that I don't think without making them autosnap all the time.
I mean one of the problems I do actually see with them is they don't go very far. Specifically Ness's.

Maybe increasing length could do a bit of help.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
^the problem however I am speaking of is they pretty much bounce off walls and the like in the opposite or worse direction.this is the only glaring problem i have with them in brawl...well, in general
theres not exactly a specific code to use to make it behave like firefox(keeps going, dosent autograb), but it puts their viability down by alot since its likely you wont be recovering much with them...

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
Do what B+ did for a little while and give Ness infinite PKT :p

...Not really. It's good for characters to retain their weaknesses unless they're like, totally insurmountable.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Well gents, I can tell you that so far, the intro is going ok! Although Im kinda having problems with finding matches that have at least one awesome combo.

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
Do what B+ did for a little while and give Ness infinite PKT :p

...Not really. It's good for characters to retain their weaknesses unless they're like, totally insurmountable.
Ness was near that level in Melee. Granted I'm sure his current build is at least decent considering how he was in B+, but I do think it's one of the many, many things that dropped him into the negligible tier in Melee.

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
Uh what? Why would a PM intro be composed primarily of rehashed Melee clips?
Not being rude but did you happen to go past this quote?
If you can make it sort of like a fusion between melee, brawl, 64, Different intro music.... perferably double rainbow all the time, and change some footage with techskill vids that would be awesome.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
not enough project M clips
Ya that. I know connor had a really cool snake clip i think..
Tbh i haven't seen many amazing "omgwtf" Project M combos. <_< Maybe it's just me.

edit: funny how i can say i know something and then end the sentence with "i think" >_>

5ive

Smash Champion
Anyone who PM'd me and didn't say anything along the lines of "you're probably kidding...but I'll give it shot" got PM. Congrats!!!

The sets I give you ARE outdated, but you'll love it once you play it! Thanks again for participating!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's going to be a free Project M tournament this Friday night. It's the kick-off event of a rather large Brawl tournament in MD hosted by Tantalus. There will be a lot of big name (Brawl) players there. Ally, M2K, and most of NJ/PA/MD/VA's finest, though I think the only non-Brawl player coming specifically for this (other than my usual crew) is Vist.

I tell you all this because it will be livestreamed. I'm not sure yet if it will be on Tantalus's or my livestream channel. I don't know the exact start time yet but I expect it will be between 7 and 9 pm EST. I will make a post here about it when it begins.

HypeM!

.Guu~

Smash Cadet
There's going to be a free Project M tournament this Friday night. It's the kick-off event of a rather large Brawl tournament in MD hosted by Tantalus. There will be a lot of big name (Brawl) players there. Ally, M2K, and most of NJ/PA/MD/VA's finest, though I think the only non-Brawl player coming specifically for this (other than my usual crew) is Vist.

I tell you all this because it will be livestreamed. I'm not sure yet if it will be on Tantalus's or my livestream channel. I don't know the exact start time yet but I expect it will be between 7 and 9 pm EST. I will make a post here about it when it begins.

HypeM!

Gah, there's never any P:M events by me. I need to play this :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom