• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Let's see...

-A better/official introduction page (mainly for casuals who stumble onto the site without knowing anything about the project)
-Character dojo/updates
-Technical updates (Dant/Magus/shanus/etc. discoveries/codes)
-Videos
-Stage section? Depends how seriously you're taking the stage development for PM (I mean, I know you're making and adding new stages, but do they need to be officially announced?)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Probably because hardcore :alakadoof: would be too intense to handle.

Alakadoof confirmed for P:M.
...lol

About Link's hoverboots... I immediately think of Link actually having a short hover off stage.
Totally not saying it would be a good idea... but one that is fun to think about...

Imagine if it only lasted a second, maybe two tops. He could run out as far as he could in that time and attack with an aerial further away than normal. If he ran out and jumped and attacked he could hit much further out but make it much harder to recover for himself. Or he could run out a short distance and smash offstage. Maybe if his friction was low enough he could crouch cancel a run and slide offstage with a smash. The smash would cancel when his hover ran out however, but he could intentionally hold it for a cancel, then aerial. He could even drop through his hover like a platform if he wanted to edgehog real quick to cover that aspect. Imagine the mindgames if Link just ran out and back on stage a bunch with his enemy off stage lol. Link would be pretty close to broken with all that xD.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
hmmm zydrate come is a little glass vile ;3
Soft core baseball is awesome... It involves girls and edible tang.

New: That hover boot idea is genius O_____O;
@ first sentence: I recognize that line, but again, you're reasoning for saying it alludes me lol.

@ second sentence: *no comment*

@ third sentence: Thanks... if there's one thing I can contribute here its ideas... however "out there". I can't really code, mod, or test, but I can think imaginatively ;)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
@ first sentence: I recognize that line, but again, you're reasoning for saying it alludes me lol.

@ second sentence: *no comment*

@ third sentence: Thanks... if there's one thing I can contribute here its ideas... however "out there". I can't really code, mod, or test, but I can think imaginatively ;)
1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tevg_jT5Sco
Im playing nathan and going for a backup for grave robber at the degenerates theater ;3

2nd: ...... It takes you there :awesome:

3rd: You can request a PSA on brawlvault forms. Someone might give it a try and if no one does give them ill do a free texture for them ;)
I had that idea back when I first played melee in highschool because link was so duck XD

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Circle math in DI calculation, I assume? That sounded like the solution that was being suggested.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
1st: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tevg_jT5Sco
Im playing nathan and going for a backup for grave robber at the degenerates theater ;3

2nd: ...... It takes you there :awesome:

3rd: You can request a PSA on brawlvault forms. Someone might give it a try and if no one does give them ill do a free texture for them ;)
I had that idea back when I first played melee in highschool because link was so duck XD
Playing a part in that play aye... cool. My friend's roommate thought that play/movie was awesome. He had it on when I was visiting once. I knew I had heard that somewhere lol.

Also, might just request that PSA... if you don't first ;)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I wonder if anyone got 5ive's obv pun besides apparently me and valtrox
I got it and yes it obvious, but then he followed it with this...

The funny part:

I will actually give you PM.
Apparently he really wants people to bite and not just tell a joke lol...
I actually thoughtfully considered responding and I did, but I added the disclaimer that I it didn't seem genuine and I wanted to know the reasoning for his offer since that sort of thing is limited. At the same time though, I referenced the above post and said that with it, he had basically "asked for it", lol.

So I expressed my interest after realizing that it would be fun to at least try out and would allow me to give feedback beyond the simple "uninformed of how the game really plays" suggestion. Yeah, I probably got "tricked" or whatever, but he did ask for it :p. Figured if it was a legit offer, it would've been dumber to have ignored it.

shanus

Smash Hero
I would just like to mention that any individuals who attempt to leak PM have severely outdated sets. Yes, there have been leaks in the past, but its a disservice to use any outdated copies on PM.

For example, just last night magus refined about 15 or so constants that significantly tighten up joystick sensitivities to better match the input systems to melee. This alone significantly enhances the transferrability and feel of gameplay. Development is rapid.

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for some big news :)

10hypes

GPDP

Smash Ace
I would just like to mention that any individuals who attempt to leak PM have severely outdated sets. Yes, there have been leaks in the past, but its a disservice to use any outdated copies on PM.

For example, just last night magus refined about 15 or so constants that significantly tighten up joystick sensitivities to better match the input systems to melee. This alone significantly enhances the transferrability and feel of gameplay. Development is rapid.

10hypes
It's like the singularity or some ****. The more advancements are made, the faster future advancements come to be.

I have full faith you will deliver a polished product to the masses before too long.

ValTroX

Smash Ace

10hypes
now this is what gets some individuals that follow the thread hyped;)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why, but Im thinking of making an intro for Project M. Would this be a bad idea?
If you can make it sort of like a fusion between melee, brawl, 64, Different intro music.... perferably double rainbow all the time, and change some footage with techskill vids that would be awesome.

Or the entire opening to mr.bean

I still love my pwnage runner video I have on there XD I get a lot of... "wheres sonic...and the rest?"

Darkshooter

Smash Ace
If you can make it sort of like a fusion between melee, brawl, 64, Different intro music.... perferably double rainbow all the time, and change some footage with techskill vids that would be awesome.

Or the entire opening to mr.bean

I still love my pwnage runner video I have on there XD I get a lot of... "wheres sonic...and the rest?"
Thats the idea Im hoping to get. Wondering whether to stick in the infamous Ken combo for hype effect...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well its a good thing I haven't tried to leak it then
:oneeye:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I dont know why, but Im thinking of making an intro for Project M. Would this be a bad idea?
Honestly, this is something I'd absolutely love to see if you were to do some Project M-themed hack (compared to music which is completely based in preference). That, and a P:M menu and title screen which I feel someone is already doing anyways.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
P:M Menu and char select and stuff would be sick.
Awesome news about the DI discoveries. Dant 2 gud.
Landing Detection the last issue aside from finishing characters?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think some work on individual buffers like Melee's is desired, particularly C-stick roll buffering amongst other things.

But yeah, the engine is looking to be very close to completion. I only imagine needing some constants tweaked to perfection along with landing detection and buffers and it'll be just about perfect.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Well they said situational buffer didn't look possible last i heard..

But nevertheless it's awesome how much progress is being made(thishasbeensaidtoomanytimes). Keep tweakin' them constants guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom