• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i'm not even sure how to respond to this.
Meet me in person and discuss it. One of us will have to travel a long way.....

lol spam arrows is crazy confirmed...
Duhhh

As for the threat business I'd say your senses are wrong. However I knew it was coming. I am a prophet after all :chuckle:

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiy_c3-f8gQ

LOL:laugh:

Ok in all seriousness I apologize for the drama. It's not how I am ordinarily. I think lots of us need to realize something. Us getting are hands on a test copy of project melee will not help. It will only satisfy are on self satisfaction and will in no way speed up the process. In fact worrying about it may only slow down the development and eventual release of the project. For that reason I vote everyone just let it go completely. The Devs can pick those they want out of the group to test. Aside from that everyone should just let it go.

As for updates. I suppose they could always do what brawl did. Post 1 new thing on a weekly basis to give people something to oooouuuh and aaahhhh about.

That is all.

jalued

Smash Lord
Ok in all seriousness I apologize for the drama. It's not how I am ordinarily. I think lots of us need to realize something. Us getting are hands on a test copy of project melee will not help. It will only satisfy are on self satisfaction and will in no way speed up the process. In fact worrying about it may only slow down the development and eventual release of the project. For that reason I vote everyone just let it go completely. The Devs can pick those they want out of the group to test. Aside from that everyone should just let it go.

As for updates. I suppose they could always do what brawl did. Post 1 new thing on a weekly basis to give people something to oooouuuh and aaahhhh about.

That is all.
well said :) we all look forward to the beta and we know that the project is in very capable hands

*still wanting to know what dant was meaning*

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If people haven't been around here long enough to know who Captain Jack is I hate them :D
But in all seriousness... I first started lurking Smashboards around the time Captain Jack came to the US and played the old Melee pros like Ken and Isai (and took MLG San Francisco from Isai coming out of losers) so seeing him play PM makes me all sorts of happy.

jalued

Smash Lord
If people haven't been around here long enough to know who Captain Jack is I hate them :D
But in all seriousness... I first started lurking Smashboards around the time Captain Jack came to the US and played the old Melee pros like Ken and Isai (and took MLG San Fransisco from Isai coming out of losers) so seeing him play PM makes me all sorts of happy.
is he still called captain jack? i couldnt find any with his tag...

and i know who he is :) used to be best sheik player in japan. Amazing player!

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
I never was much of interested in Sheik but having Captain Jack playing PM is really awesome.

Some japaneses tried some character that I haven't seen in other playtests like Link, Ike, G&W and DK. Fumi tried Ike on one, he should've playing as yoshi (I don't think the character are ready but anyway haha). There are many Ike matches , japaneses just do everything different lol, or I guess they just like Ike (no pun intended).

It would be great if some brazillian pros from São Paulo or Rio(I am not from either unfortunately) tested the game, like Aisengobay, Bobesco, Acido, Kizzu and Walk (if the last two haven't retired). But they plays as Fox and Marth, I think you have quite a good amount of those characters players in a higher level for now, also they doesn't have the fame that Kizzu had in the exterior of the country, even being better than him.

Anyway, just wait for the beta.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
For anyone that doesn't know of CJ, this was the first video I ever saw of him... Granted, that's way back from 2006, but it's still a fun match to watch. Maybe we'll get to see his PM DK.

And how is his bike going to work? (If it's still in the game)
Bike has been replaced in a recent experimental test build for something that fits into his onstage game better. Once we get more feedback and polish up the rebuild I will post full details and gameplay matches. I would post details now but given the last outburst over an experimental build I will need to wait.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
is he still called captain jack? i couldnt find any with his tag...

and i know who he is :) used to be best sheik player in japan. Amazing player!
Look in the playlists and there's one of only Captain Jack matches. He's playing with CJ as his tag.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
In Brawl+, for characters like Yoshi and Ness, if you double jumped and didn't hold the button, you would DJC anyways, without actually doing an aerial. Please tell me you're using Melee's DJC mechanic's and not brawl+'s (in melee you only canceled your double jump if you actually did an aerial, not just by not holding the button.)

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
One thing, in one video, when Zeruo uses quickdraw against a wall he does a wall jump, it is something special to the move or Ike is able to do wall jump normally in that build?

@SymphonicSage

In Brawl+ the characters only do DJC if an aerial is done, you can't DJC without it
I've tested right now

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I guess I must be remembering wrong then >.>

I think what I meant was, will DJC only be able to be done during the first few frames of the double jump? In Brawl+ I remember the window is longer

And if you hold the jump button like in brawl+ will you not DJC

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
It may be something that was corrected in the later versions. Unless you were talking about the Gold version.

At least, that means that the characters will djc as usual in any way. And still have the rising aerial.

abcool

Smash Ace
Hey! I have an idea. Remember when brawl wasn't a finish game and sakurai wanted to let some ppl get a feel of the game, so they had a demo at E3?! Do you think it is possible to release just a demo of 6 characters and like 5 new stages to the public. I would suggest only characters that are almost done. maybe the melee ones seeing that only landing detection holding em back. This way everyone gets to keep busy with a demo for like the next 3-4 months. I wouldn't suggest releasing anything outside that one demo though and because only 6 characters would be available no one can take the game as standard. It'll feel to incomplete..

Then again. Maybe you might say its stupid. Alot of ppl would make noise that it's too little, but that is what a demo is for. Just a little sample of what is to come.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Great. I hope his Recovery is massively puffed or something though as a result. However I won't jump to conclusions until I see how it works. Since the PM channels password is suddenly different that probably won't be for awhile I guess :laugh:

Look in the playlists and there's one of only Captain Jack matches. He's playing with CJ as his tag.
There are matches of him in sheik dittos also.

Captain Jack invented the off stage sheik gimp shenanigan with sheik. At least he's the first I saw do it. he was one of the first pros I saw who didn't use the safer more professional(at the time anyway) "Ken edgeguard" Tactic of either smashing at the edge or simply grabbing it. To me he is one of the pioneers of the (OMG I DON'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED) style of playing that you see today.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoB207px-so&feature=related

Fumi as Yoshi and and Zeruo as Link.

If you look, when Zeruo does the standard stab combo seems like he was surprised and did again right after, he may have been like "OOOOOOOO SUGOI!". Same thing when Fumi uses the DJC in the first time in the battle, right after he started to test it with other aerials, haha they may be very hyped by now.

Guys, Link seems great, with his Melee Nair and the Boomerang. The hitboxes in the wind seems pretty good with the melee style, sometimes, it seems that zeruo throws the boomerang just to see the wind hit Fumi when it is coming back. Also the grounded Spin Attack, much better.

jalued

Smash Lord
Hey! I have an idea. Remember when brawl wasn't a finish game and sakurai wanted to let some ppl get a feel of the game, so they had a demo at E3?! Do you think it is possible to release just a demo of 6 characters and like 5 new stages to the public. I would suggest only characters that are almost done. maybe the melee ones seeing that only landing detection holding em back. This way everyone gets to keep busy with a demo for like the next 3-4 months. I wouldn't suggest releasing anything outside that one demo though and because only 6 characters would be available no one can take the game as standard. It'll feel to incomplete..

Then again. Maybe you might say its stupid. Alot of ppl would make noise that it's too little, but that is what a demo is for. Just a little sample of what is to come.
if it was a very pollished demo with EVERY mechanic working perfectly (and finalised), with no bugs etc then i support. Could also be useful for hype

Might delay the project though, and how would u choose the 6 characters? Plus you would then get people trying to give feedback about the demo, which would delay the rest of the project. The characters would have to be perfect in every single way to minimize any unnecessary feedback.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Might delay the project though, and how would u choose the 6 characters?
I can't say, but I don't know if it would be a huge delay. I would say that it would probably be good to put mostly top-tiers and mix in some of the lower ones, specifically at least one Melee bottom/low-tier character to show the difference.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to the Japanese players giving us insight to characters we don't see enough =]

But yeah, I really like what you did with Link's rang. Nice, solid approach options. Wolf looks like a blast to play as; that gun gives him so much mobility he never had before. I'm still waiting for a beast Sonic to show up, with all his new little shenanigans =P

Good stuff. Haven't found a single thing to complain about~

jalued

Smash Lord
I can't say, but I don't know if it would be a huge delay. I would say that it would probably be good to put mostly top-tiers and mix in some of the lower ones, specifically at least one Melee bottom/low-tier character to show the difference.
probably mario

would be nice to include snake...

abcool

Smash Ace
Yea. When i suggested it, didn't wanna make ppl give feed back on characters, just give some of the over hyped players a chance to test the game and have something to hold them until the actual release. I saw someone make a smash64 css. I thought that the devs could somehow do this aswell. 6 characters aren't enough to make u wanna play it competitively or host tourneys for ppl to give alot of feedback from. It'll be more like a ps3 demo of marvel vs capcom 3 a sip of the water, but not enough to quench the thrist.

Again. If it's a dumb idea...forget it. If you wanna give some of the ppl hype out of there mind a taste of what is to come(6 characters with the nice feel) I suggest this like 2 months before an actual release or something.

jalued

Smash Lord
Yea. When i suggested it, didn't wanna make ppl give feed back on characters, just give some of the over hyped players a chance to test the game and have something to hold them until the actual release. I saw someone make a smash64 css. I thought that the devs could somehow do this aswell. 6 characters aren't enough to make u wanna play it competitively or host tourneys for ppl to give alot of feedback from. It'll be more like a ps3 demo of marvel vs capcom 3 a sip of the water, but not enough to quench the thrist.

Again. If it's a dumb idea...forget it. If you wanna give some of the ppl hype out of there mind a test of what is to come(6 characters with the nice feel) I suggest this like 2 months before an actual release or something.
well i support, but lets see what the BR say

anyway, serious questions now:

has smash DI been mapped to the c-stick
can the c-stick befixed so that it properly responds (sometimes in brawl the c-stick fails to respond when not been centered- my biggest hate about brawl)?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Which aether spin like attack is that? An Uair? Seems awesome.

Ike still has many spare animations from his final smash that can be used to another attacks. Using that kicks or some of those slashes or even the initiation attack as a uptilt would be great.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I am in favor of a demo but only once landing detection is fixed and Wavedash and l-cancel timing feel the same as they do in melee. That and all throws are fixed and changes are finalized for the characters that will be in the demo.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

I actually really like this idea. However, I think there should be 8 characters:

Fox, Shiek, Falco, Marth, and Jiggs are definite. They are the melee top tiers and would be transferred perfectly from melee to P:M making them the least controversial choice and make the demo more familiar to new players (aka, melee vets).

The remaining three characters should be voted on, IMO. (Maybe on smashmods.com?) Out of a list of "near-finished" candidates like Snake, Wolf... (Mario?) etc.

Idk if the stages are neccessary, but having Dreamland 64, Melee Yoshi's Story (if it gets finished by then), Metal Mario, Hyrule 64, and Melee FD would be cool to play.

Anyway, I really hope P:M developers think about doing this demo idea. Or at least consider it a month from now when development for melee top tiers and other brawl chars gets farther along. It would be cool and would definitely keep everyone happy until the final version is finally released.

Who knows? Maybe the demo would be a building block and you just gradually add more characters as P:M's development conitnues? LOL

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a lack of wavedashing in recent videos for certain characters. I know it's due to the landing detection issue, but after watching MomoSugar's DK, I can't help but be reminded of the old Captain Jack DK video, where the metagame was in its early stages and wavedashing wasn't so commonplace.

Ah, nostalgia. =]

Sterowent

Smash Ace
I am in favor of a demo but only once landing detection is fixed and Wavedash and l-cancel timing feel the same as they do in melee. That and all throws are fixed and changes are finalized for the characters that will be in the demo.
in other words, he's not in favor of it. me neither, though my heart does tear for a demo. hell, we get tons of footage, for an alpha game no less. what i wouldn't give to see a short gameplay demo of the barbarian from DIII + a small, test dungeon to go with it. not goin to happen though. would rather see the full game when it's ready, or at least the fabled 89% open beta in the distant future.

edit: unless it's a demo consisting of: complete fox, melee FD, and all items = cash. this is what everyone wants anyway, i think

abcool

Smash Ace
Another idea i had. Is there a way to replace the normal tutorial in the game with like a customised one with some points on AT. similar to the one on youtube, but much shorter and just teaches the 2 important ones like wavedash and Shffling. Something to actually wanna let the new players look into the vault for. This one isn't to important and can be done by anyone at anytime.

Demo's aren't meant to be a final product. That is why it's a demo. Its just suppose to give u a feel of what is to come and with changes around the corner you're not playing a game that is complete. Plus the guys that have friends with a bigger roster and played it already have nothing to worry about. But for the rest of us with nothing to go on but vids and hype(which kinda here and there) this demo would serve a God bless to many. Besides 6-8 characters really isn't anything to be excited about. Still appreciated none the less.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Another idea i had. Is there a way to replace the normal tutorial in the game with like a customised one with some points on AT. similar to the one on youtube, but much shorter and just teaches the 2 important ones like wavedash and Shffling. Something to actually wanna let the new players look into the vault for. This one isn't to important and can be done by anyone at anytime.
If possible I am heavily in favor of it. Something like Advanced how to play video that was put up on YouTube awhile back.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
For that, the tph video file must be replaced, and it must be the same lenght.

As long riivolution can replace tph files, it can be done.

But it's a detail, so I think if it will be done, it will be after the game is finished, but it's a good idea.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I must really have fallen off the bandwagon or something. Last time I checked a tier list, Peach was 5th and Jigglypuff was 6/7th place, tied with Captain Falcon...then again that tier list is 2 years old. I know it's off-topic, but can someone point me to the latest tier list?
(referring to Melee)

And I don't think a demo is a good idea. It would take away some of the hype..

humble

Smash Ace
Guys, the devs have enough work to do, time spent on a demo, AT guides, and other frivolous minute details, is wasted time that could've been spent on the project.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Guys, the devs have enough work to do, time spent on a demo, AT guides, and other frivolous minute details, is wasted time that could've been spent on the project.
These can be an option after everything's said and done. =]

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
I must really have fallen off the bandwagon or something. Last time I checked a tier list, Peach was 5th and Jigglypuff was 6/7th place, tied with Captain Falcon...then again that tier list is 2 years old. I know it's off-topic, but can someone point me to the latest tier list?
(referring to Melee)

And I don't think a demo is a good idea. It would take away some of the hype..
lol now i understand- you don't know much about melee
go to melee general discussion
it's roughly:
fox/falco/jiggs
sheik/marth
peach/falcon
the rest

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
lol now i understand- you don't know much about melee
go to melee general discussion
it's roughly:
fox/falco/jiggs
sheik/marth
peach/falcon
the rest
Only if you are referring to the non-MBR tier.

The MBR tier is the same from 2008, whereas the top tier are Fox, Marth, Sheik and Falco

Jiggly in that tier is currently 7th. However the MBR may be releaseing a new tier anytime this year(which one I think pikachu and mewtwo will be a little higher).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom