• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Originally, yes. But according to the music in the video, I'm assuming that they changed the rel to allow replacement of MK 1-1. Either that, or they just decided to change the music.

Its original replacement I knew about (I downloaded it), but I just wanted to know whether they planned on replacing something MK 1-1 with it.

iLink

Smash Champion
Wait so we aren't going to have the Port Town used in Brawl+?

Also, do want those stages that Blitzkrieg made.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
It's not in the description, it's in the video. Top left.
Yeah I saw that too late, but, you still would have to type it into google to find the download link for the brstm, which I'm too lazy to do.

And my Metal Mario Stage replaces Onett.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I was watching a new video with Ike and I had a thought. It would be cool if he had a follow up or two to his air forward B. He looks like he is going to do another action afterward but sits there laggily in the air.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Blitzkrieg is correct. Metal Mario stage (I believe we're calling it Metal Cavern) replaces Mushroomy Kingdom.

Revven

FrankerZ
I was watching a new video with Ike and I had a thought. It would be cool if he had a follow up or two to his air forward B. He looks like he is going to do another action afterward but sits there laggily in the air.
You can already JC Grab with it, I think that's enough of an option for it given how far it goes on the ground. Aerial I don't think needs really anything other than maybe faster charging to compensate for the gravity.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
talking to me as if i'm a little kid is extremely condescending, think about it
You're extremely condescending, so it all works out. ;)

question: how's young toon link coming along? can we expect vids of him soon?
Young Toon Link is a hybrid, as I'm sure you've noticed. He's not extremely high on our list of priorities, but will probably come with some of the lower Melee tiers.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Beh... I sort of known something like this would happen.

Ah well. Didn't expect it to catch on, but it was a good try anyway. Optional or never, at least I took a shot at creating for a major project and, at that, I have no regrets. :p

Anyway, keep up the good work, devs. I cannot wait for this, but I will be patient for a polished masterpiece.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Quick question in regards to pivot grabs...

How will they be affected during P:M's development? Are some of them going to be shortened or extended (especially with characters that have restored range like Marth)?

Because I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea if a lower tiered character was given an abnormally long pivot grab as a buff (it would sort of act like a "perk" of the character that would play into intermediate-pro tactics).

I was also thinking that it would be nice if the pivot grabs for Olimar and Lucas wouldn't actually increase their grab box sizes, but actually shorten their endlag/ startup lag noticeably. I only think it would be reasonable for these two because their grab range is almost as laggy as other non-hand grabbers but don't share the long range as Link's, Samus's, etc.

My ideas and questions could be broken or uneccessary (due to pivot grabs being easier tech to perform) but I thought I'd post a suggestion.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I was also thinking that it would be nice if the pivot grabs for Olimar and Lucas wouldn't actually increase their grab box sizes, but actually shorten their endlag/ startup lag noticeably. I only think it would be reasonable for these two because their grab range is almost as laggy as other non-hand grabbers but don't share the long range as Link's, Samus's, etc.
But I <3 vBrawl pivot grab. It's Lucas' only good grab. Like the start-up and end-lag are fine and the actual grab box isn't extended much compared to standing grab.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Young Toon Link is a hybrid, as I'm sure you've noticed. He's not extremely high on our list of priorities, but will probably come with some of the lower Melee tiers.
yup i noticed! hence why i called him young toon link! thanks for the help though!:p
any way
do you guys have a rough list of the stages you're including/hoping to include?

iLink

Smash Champion
yup i noticed! hence why i called him young toon link! thanks for the help though!:p
any way
do you guys have a rough list of the stages you're including/hoping to include?
So far from what I have seen,

PS1 frozen on the grass field
PS2 frozen
Rumble falls+
Hyrule Castle 64
Dreamland 64
Saffron City 64
Metal Mario Stage
SSE Jungle
Fountain of Dreams melee (WIP)
Yoshi's Story melee (WIP)

Those are the only ones I can think of at the top of my head, there's probably more.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
He's getting the 'nado it's just not done yet hence why you saw FLUDD. Stuff that is generally considered WIP is not in the main build that's shown in videos.
I have an idea, you can keep both FLUDD and the tornado by giving Brawl's Mario some air momentum on his Dair (pretty much like Fox's Fair gives him some more air time once b4 having to land)

Or replace the sex kick w/his tornado (spam A button for more height) and give him melee's Dair, and FLUDD. And leave the sex kick to the other characters.

I don't know I just think that both moves are very useful for mario and neither should replace the other.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
is there a way to code the transformation stages so that certain transformations don't appear?
edit: also iirc you're removing foxes wall infinite, if this is the case, why?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^Yes, there is, pretty sure.
Foxes wall infinite was removed as a by product of Foxes Melee shine in the Project M environment. As they slide into the wall, they bump into it as if they were hit into it via any other move. I'm not 100% sure it will return, or even if it can.
One that will be included in a stage pack?
Included in the game.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
I have an idea, you can keep both FLUDD and the tornado by giving Brawl's Mario some air momentum on his Dair (pretty much like Fox's Fair gives him some more air time once b4 having to land)

Or replace the sex kick w/his tornado (spam A button for more height) and give him melee's Dair, and FLUDD. And leave the sex kick to the other characters.

I don't know I just think that both moves are very useful for mario and neither should replace the other.
:laugh:lolwut? sex kick removal? no, 10noes

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
In one of the videos, would it be right to assume that one of the stages -the Metal Mario 64 stage to be exact- replaces Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1?

It's a shame, because I made these for replacements, if wanted:

They work wonders, but requires a Final Destination rel as a straight replacement doesn't do the camera any favors.

The only differences between the two are the animation paths of the sideways lifts (Simply the reverse of one going up at the beginning and the other going down at the beginning) and cosmetics.

Any critique anyways?

EDIT: Ignore "Nothing Here" and "Useless :3" in the pictures. I grow bored of having a model simply named "Static". Also, I haven't put them up for download yet; you'd need to PM me for them as I'm not yet ready to put them up on KC:MM or something, for lack of up-to-date gameplay pics.
Those look interesting. Can I try them out if they're finished? I could take ingame pictures for you.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
@hotdogturtle: Thanks, and sure thing, they actually are finished and were made with competitive viability in mind. You don't get gimped by the lips of the ledges and the inclinations at the bottom cannot be walked on, but were made for wall-jumping.

If you want them, PM me and I'll send them to you in a flash.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
Brawl removed them, not that it matters in this case. What the hell do you mean "why?"
cause it's hardly ever pulled off and it's rewarding when it is. It's not even broken at all and it helps add to fox **** on ps
what the hell do you mean asking "why"
and why so hostile bro

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think P:M has at least a number of stages with set walls (Hyrule Castle comes to mind). No way in hell are good, viable stages going out the door for an infinite that only one character can pull off.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
I think P:M has at least a number of stages with set walls (Hyrule Castle comes to mind). No way in hell are good, viable stages going out the door for an infinite that only one character can pull off.
well fair enough
it's just gonna be another thing melee players miss

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
why do stingers and ichigobleach always phrase things negatively

hm i wonder

i fail to see why you can't say "my point was that melee players might miss it" instead of "ITS GONNA BE ANOTHER THING THEY MISS"
like really its not that hard

but w/e. thats why you sound malicious just so you know

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
So far from what I have seen,

PS1 frozen on the grass field
PS2 frozen
Rumble falls+
Hyrule Castle 64
Dreamland 64
Saffron City 64
Metal Mario Stage
SSE Jungle
Fountain of Dreams melee (WIP)
Yoshi's Story melee (WIP)

Those are the only ones I can think of at the top of my head, there's probably more.
Don't forget frozen Warioware. =3

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Don't forget frozen Warioware. =3
From this then I'm guessing the stage list will be like:

STARTER:
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (N64)
Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
Yoshi's Story (Melee)
WarioWare
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

COUNTERPICK:
Metal Mario Stage (N64)
Subspace Jungle
Rumble Falls+
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Yoshi's Island
Hyrule Castle (N64)
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Norfair (+?)
PictoChat (+?)
Pirate Ship (+?)
Brinstar
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
Saffron City (N64, +?)
Congo Jungle (N64)

BANNED:
Port Town Aero Dive (+?)
Distant Planet (+?)
75m
Bridge of Eldin (+?)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow (+?)
Luigi's Mansion (+?)
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
New Pork City (+?)
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld (+?)
Spear Pillar (+?)
Summit
Big Blue
Corneria
Green Greens
Onett
Temple
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PS1 forzen on grass, Rumble Falls+, Subspace Jungle, and Metal Mario 64 are not going to be starters stages.
Iffy on Yoshi's Island (Brawl). Uneven terrain, a randomly (? not sure if it has a pattern) moving platform, fly guys, random ghost saves? At least Randall has a set pattern and good players can know where he is at any time during a match.
add Fountain of Dreams to your list. It'll eventually be made.
& Kongo Jungle 64.
& maybe Saffron City M...

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
PS1 forzen on grass, Rumble Falls+, Subspace Jungle, and Metal Mario 64 are not going to be starters stages.
Iffy on Yoshi's Island (Brawl). Uneven terrain, a randomly (? not sure if it has a pattern) moving platform, fly guys, random ghost saves? At least Randall has a set pattern and good players can know where he is at any time during a match.
add Fountain of Dreams to your list. It'll eventually be made.
& Kongo Jungle 64.
& maybe Saffron City M...
Why aren't PS1 Grass and Metal Mario 64 going to be starters?

I can't remember what RF+ and Jungle look like, I was just going by memory, so you are probably right.

I forgot about the ghost saves, probably should be a counter-pick if they can't be removed.

FoD is on there :p

I'll add Kongo Jungle and Saffron... What are your plans for fixing Saffron?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PS1 grass has platforms over half of the way to the upper blastline. It'd favor characters who kill vertically much more than those who kill horizontally.
Metal Mario 64 has uneven terrain (get ***** tech-chasing chars) and is fairly small. A player has a positional advantage by being on the left side of the stage. which is like, dash dance distance.
RF+ has uneven terrain an the same problem that PS1 grass has. SSE Jungle is far too large to be a starter. Like the size of two dreamlands.

Ideas for Saffron City haven't been refined yet, so I'm going to have to hold off on that one.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
PS1 grass has platforms over half of the way to the upper blastline. It'd favor characters who kill vertically much more than those who kill horizontally.
Metal Mario 64 has uneven terrain (get ***** tech-chasing chars) and is fairly small. A player has a positional advantage by being on the left side of the stage. which is like, dash dance distance.
RF+ has uneven terrain an the same problem that PS1 grass has. SSE Jungle is far too large to be a starter. Like the size of two dreamlands.

Ideas for Saffron City haven't been refined yet, so I'm going to have to hold off on that one.
All of those sound reasonable. I think that Metal Mario's Stage will be a really interesting counter-pick, smallest stage to date in a smash game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom