• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
aren't her brawl ones super huge? I know there's that small glitch of it using the wrong animation when you first pull the item. you have to use any move that will make the item go away (throw it, use toad, parasol, etc) and then you'll use the proper animation for it which gives them insane reach

Ecks

Smash Lord
Just use Configurable USB Loader. It's pretty much like GeckoOS. It's pointless to use Smash Stack if you already hacked your Wii.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Canned, assuming that was a serious question, Megabus is another one of those interstate bus companies, like Greyhound and BoltBus. Personally, I prefer Bolt. Their ticket prices are usually cheaper and they have $1 tickets at specific times every week.

Nobody answered my question about just changing Peach's beam sword animations to match her Melee ones.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Canned, assuming that was a serious question, Megabus is another one of those interstate bus companies, like Greyhound and BoltBus. Personally, I prefer Bolt. Their ticket prices are usually cheaper and they have $1 tickets at specific times every week.

Nobody answered my question about just changing Peach's beam sword animations to match her Melee ones.
Why, though? aren't her brawl ones considered good?..

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Why, though? aren't her brawl ones considered good?..
Read these:

I know you guys won't work on items for a while. But are there any plans of giving Peach her melee beam sword attacks?
^^^^^This should be a top tier priority! :bee:
aren't her brawl ones super huge? I know there's that small glitch of it using the wrong animation when you first pull the item. you have to use any move that will make the item go away (throw it, use toad, parasol, etc) and then you'll use the proper animation for it which gives them insane reach

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Leffen's Thoughts on Apex's P:M Invitational

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share this:

This was easily, and by far, the worst tournament I've ever attended. Organization, game, and information beforehand were all bottom tier.

However, I still want to apologize for being a bit too harsh to the crew, which even though all of the PMBRs failures with this tournament was not deserved

also I'm probably not gonna play any more 2.5, or P:M overall, at least until you change some mechanics (pits arrows, sonics side B, charizards recovery, every god damn character having GODLIKE auto combos/recovery).The PMBR has some VERY VERY VERY bad character designers. This game does a very very poor job of rewarding the same type of skill that Melee does.

edit: possibly entering P:M at g3 just to stall every game with charizard, gay every character out with planking with pit, and just spamming side b with sonic to get them nerfed just like people did with lucario the second i did decent with him.
:(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Charizard Glide got fixed, Pit arguably won't camp or gay out as hard, and Sonic was touched

2.1 Lucario on the other hand, ahaaa. He's a funny guy.

Like I agree somewhat on recovery and some of the combo stuff. Most of it isn't on par with the ridiculous Spacie/Falcon/Marth stuff though.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share this:
Leffen:

This was easily, and by far, the worst tournament I've ever attended.
However, I still want to apologize for being a bit too harsh to the crew

also I'm probably not gonna play any more 2.5, or P:M overall,

at least until you change some mechanics (pits arrows, sonics side B, charizards recovery, every god damn character having GODLIKE auto combos/recovery). This game does a very very poor job of rewarding the same type of skill that Melee does.

edit: possibly entering P:M at g3 just to stall every game with charizard, gay every character out with planking with pit, and just spamming side b with sonic to get them nerfed just like people did with lucario the second i did decent with him.
:(
-Um...at least he tried to make up for it?

-Dammit. =/

-These are some legitimate points that should be considered.

-And how'd that work out for his ZSS? ;)

Basically, Leffens gonna Leff.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Lol, leffen mad salty about getting jv4stocked by jcz.

all the megabus shenanigans are because of megabus had commercials on the 8wayrun stream. Combined with the fact that M2K had advertising in his tag for every game (CT|EMP Mew2King), yea, people were going hard with the jokes about advertising.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
@Leffen it's called losing, deal with it.

@Eli There is this amazing feature called DI...and sometimes you can even smash it...all kinds of crazy things can result from that...like...idk...not dying to Uthrow-Uair? :troll:

Beat!

Smash Master
Lol, leffen mad salty about getting jv4stocked by jcz.
I very much doubt he's too salty about that particular loss, considering he ended up outplacing the guy.

auto combos like..... fox uthrow uair!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm not sure what leffen's referring to exactly, but fox's uthrow uair is not an auto combo, since you have to follow the opponents DI.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I wouldn't consider 2-peices at specific percents auto-combos.

More stuff like, Falcon D-throwing and then having time to react to DI at any percent to either: Side B, fair, uair, regrab, D-tilt, or tech chase with dair, side b, or a faked out fair; stuff that is extremely easily confirmed and reaps great reward with minimal decision making and works at a large variety of percents.

Or, in the case of PM, characters being designed to combo 50+% off every hit and follow up extremely easily and extensively. That could easily be chalked up to not knowing where to DI moves in PM though. I'm sure with proficient DI we'll be closer to Melee's 2-peices in a matter of time.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I do think that some characters have a lower learning curve than some of the veteran Melee characters.

As for Fox U-throw to Uair, sure you can sort of DI out of it, but they're also in the perfect position to regrab you again, and you're always likely to get hit the second time. I mean come on, we've seen many matches where a player missed the u-throw to uair once but then immediately regrabbed, did it again, and then ***** the opponent. It's difficult to DI out of because most of the time (imo) they take you by surprise.

Also, Bubbaking, surprising lack of Fox's in the Top 8 of Apex 2013 Melee lol. Just sayin.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
inb4

1. Armada (Peach, Young Link)
2. Dr.PP (Falco, Marth)
3. CT.EMP|Mew2King (Shiek, Marth, Fox)
4. Mango (Fox, Falco)
5. Hungrybox (Jigglypuff, Ness)
5. Shroomed (Dr. Mario)
7. KirbyKaze (Shiek)
7. Hax (Captain Falcon)
:toonlink:

ohwait. That's melee. hurrhurr

:alakadoof:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
lol @ leffen.

good thing this game is still a wip.

some of his complaints are questionable tho imo.

like stalling with zard or sanic side b being dumb (unless he meant down b, which is more understandable)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Originally Posted by leffen
So to sum things up: he's offering to playtest the game by breaking characters in a tournament setting?

That's pretty cool, I suggest all the top players exploit tactics to their fullest extent and see what happens.

It's more productive for the game than just whining about it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If he aims it well, it's not as simple as SDI somewhere, though. It's definitely auto-combo in many situations.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
On the subject of port priority with regards to grabbing:

In most, if not, all fighting games, whenever both characters try to grab each other it results in a break away type situation. Would it be possible to have this sort of thing happen in P:M? Instead of one character grabbing the other because they just happened to be player 1 (or player 4, I'm not sure how it works with grabbing), they both perform they're grab release animations. I'm not sure if the PMBR already thought of doing this, but I think it would solve a few problems.

Also, I like how Brawl handles grabboxes and hitboxes connecting in that damage>grab>knockback

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
I just dislike port priority in the first place, its kind of a lazy way to deal with things imo.

Beat!

Smash Master
I do think that some characters have a lower learning curve than some of the veteran Melee characters.

As for Fox U-throw to Uair, sure you can sort of DI out of it, but they're also in the perfect position to regrab you again, and you're always likely to get hit the second time. I mean come on, we've seen many matches where a player missed the u-throw to uair once but then immediately regrabbed, did it again, and then ***** the opponent. It's difficult to DI out of because most of the time (imo) they take you by surprise.

Also, Bubbaking, surprising lack of Fox's in the Top 8 of Apex 2013 Melee lol. Just sayin.
Allow me to clarify what I mean:

Upthrow --> upair with Fox is not an auto combo, because the Fox has to react to his opponent's DI. It's still a combo (most of the time) if done correctly, but it's not an auto combo.

An example of an auto combo in Melee would be Wobbling, since it's 100% execution once you've started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom