• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Oh duuuude we got our own little board. I was... actually really surprised, though I guess it's reasonable seeing how the one problem was MLG not liking all the brawl modding enough to keep it outside its tiny subforum, and now SB isn't owned by them.

Happy new year, I hope 2013 is when smash gets big, because things are certainly looking up.
I would say break out the bubbly but, it has mysteriously gone missing. *hic* ... sorry.
heres to another 365 apocolypse-free days.:embarrass:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm waiting for you recreants to start making character video tutorials, and a Professor Pro combo video

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's still alive for people who want to mod P:M (and their specific files, since IIRC you can't just transfer over custom brawl stage textures to it, they have to be converted in some whimsical magical way).

For example, they got projects for alternate costumes for all three team colors, and a WIP in-game HUD that's really good. (yes this is basically advertising for other people BUT TRUST ME THAT HUD IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD GO FOR THE SQUARE STOCKS)
HUD downloaded, just have to do a bit of work importing Gardevoir's portraits in after a bit of editing to fit them to the style. That HUD is goddamn amazing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Until Charizard infinite glide bug gets fixed, I shall refer to him as DESU DESU GLIDE-MOBILE

Happy New Year, and good night

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Because people we love are in this thread, and if you don't come you will make DingDing sad. And that wouldn't be nice.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Only reason I came to the PM gd before was to discuss PM in a general manner. With this being a social thread and individual subforums made, why not just use smashmods and get to have fancy pants gif avatars?
Well to be fair, you can still discuss P:M in a general manner here.

But hey, to each their own i guess.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There's something really wrong about having Trainer's icon used for each Pokemon's character forum.

They fought so hard for their freedom and now the cruel slavemaster taunts them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I like the Squirtle Squad Shades-easter egg for Squirtle (Press B while landing when doing Squirtle's Up-Taunt), but it sucks that it has to shatter once he's hit. Was this to prevent it to take over Squirtle's appearance for rest of the battle? I think it underplays the shades for me. Please make it invulnerable next time!

And you know, let us toggle it off by doing the same trick we can equip it, that way people won't complain if they want to take it off.

V-K

Smash Ace
Shouldn't Charizard have the same amounts of jumps like any other wing character? Always a thing I found kind of weird.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's a better question:

Why should it be permanent?

Smooth Criminal
Because the shades are epicness and Ash's Squirtle-fans want to kick *** while wearing them?

I didn't really ask them to become permanent though: my suggestion was that they could be toggled off by doing the same thing again you activate them (or make a new taunt to ease the equipping, replace Down Taunt perhaps?). I just find it irksome to lose them right when I just put them on because someone managed to hit me right during that (has happened 2 times so far). This messes the easter egg for me: so far I can enjoy it only in Training Mode where my friends, bros or CPUs can't break them off.

Shortly, make them invulnerable and let it be toggleable on and off (in-battle). I don't want to sound nitpicky but c'mon, not everyone who plays PM is a professional player or perfect enough to keep the shades on, as in not getting hit. I mean, didn't they take the "Failure SFX" if you tried to play with a Wiimote before since it made PM feel bit elitist? Then what's the point of the shades being fragile?

Besides many thought the shades were to become a part of SSS-skin for Squirt and I think that shows how much they want to use them in battle like I want to.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
what does the wiimote sound have to do with the shades?
only because someone jokingly said "then don't get hit" doesn't make shades elitist themselves.
I like how they break, makes it so putting them on is like saying that you're now trying to kick *** without getting hit, making matches more intense. You can still put a vertexed texture over squirle if you want them to be permanent

NatP

Smash Ace
Hey, you know what would be a neat addition you guys could implement? You could re-add Pokemon trainer. Now hear me out, I'm not saying he should come back as a character again but rather as an alternate skin (like Wario) to all 3 Pokemon. So they would function as they already do but they'd have Red helping them out.

Also, the only reason I want this is because I want to be able to pet them after a job well done. :p

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Is metaknight going to be in project m? He is my main in brawl and I want to use him in project m too.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Is metaknight going to be in project m? He is my main in brawl and I want to use him in project m too.
Every character from brawl will be included. It's just a matter of time; depends on the pace of how we design and balance them without bumping into big issues. Metaknight will not be in project m demo 2.5, however.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
what does the wiimote sound have to do with the shades?
only because someone jokingly said "then don't get hit" doesn't make shades elitist themselves.
I like how they break, makes it so putting them on is like saying that you're now trying to kick *** without getting hit, making matches more intense. You can still put a vertexed texture over squirle if you want them to be permanent
Well I personally find it something that would be fun for a while, but later on stop doing because it's not that engaging and you actually forget about the whole easter egg due how incompatible it is to gameplay. (Similarly to Ike's fully charged OHKO Quick Draw which is also superly impractical and never seen in regular play.)
You might keep being badass the longer you can keep on the shades, but as you pull of a nice combo and you get hit during it, bam. Gone. You lose your badassness right when your in middle of executing it around.

I would, but I can't find one. There's low-quality one's though (as in not the same one that PM has implemented.)

But seriously, none minds the fact that they break from ONE MEASLY HIT and you can't use them for a whole stock? In fact, we could just make the shades last longer instead of losing them once.

Or just make them invulnerable and let us toggle them on and off. Fragile badassness isn't going to stay impressive over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom