• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
zss' weakness is how bad she is on defense

if she doesn't get to start up she's ****ing free

her jab can be CC'd and she doesn't have a real grab so you just start pressuring her at close range and she falls apart fairly easily. she has a nice DD to prevent this poor neutral situation decently enough but the fact that she doesn't have a real grab makes it kinda weak

and yeah her recovery isn't buns but just needs a little tweaking i think...i'll play around w it some more

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
You mean there's a way to win that doesn't involve KOing?
Clearly not if your opponent's character doesn't have weakness to take advantage of. If you never have a chance to knock a character with a "bad recovery" as a weakness, it's because they have an actual weakness somewhere in their on-stage game, or your opponent ****ed up.

(In a more realistic likelihood, ZSS has weakness in some form in her neutral game.)

Actually you could time them out if you were super good but.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yay, my custom music won't work! And I looked in the Riivolution PM XML, it's incapable of properly loading any songs but the 10 or so included with 2.5, so "redownloading" is useless.
Oh, and the custom SFX won't load either.
And Lucario's shield is still screwed up. Yes I redownloaded, it didn't fix a thing.
You could modify the XML yourself if you know how to add those things...

As for Lucario's shield, it's always, always been incredibly small. It's a weakness of his to have pretty weak defenses for such great offense.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
A few things that threw me off though was trying to get a charged throw out of Shoulderbashgrab once i grabbed them; i just couldn't get the timing right.
You mean for fthrow? You can try pressing and holding side+Z to input the throw, same as if you were doing an fsmash with the Z button. Or you can hold the Z button from the time you grab them (if you don't need to do any pummels).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played PM 2.5 at my tournament yesterday. We only played doubles since everyone wanted to play Melee after, but doubles was AMAZING!! I didn't record the matches, because we used dual televisions for doubles and i was missing another set of cables to run to my laptop, but seriously Wario is soo much fun. Good stuff guys.

A few things that threw me off though was trying to get a charged throw out of Shoulderbashgrab once i grabbed them; i just couldn't get the timing right.
When you get a grab, just do a pummel hit with A once and keep holding A. That's the easier way to manage it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
As for Lucario's shield, it's always, always been incredibly small. It's a weakness of his to have pretty weak defenses for such great offense.
No, that is confirmed to be a bug. Several people have already said theirs works fine, and several have said that they get the miniscule shield that shatters in literally 5 frames. That's not small, that's glitched.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's common for the human mind to find differences for characters that don't actually exist. Like suddenly character X will feel floaty when they aren't any more so then before.

Fools R US is a funny website, but it's hard to read the stupidity. They apparently A. Don't know what a work in progress demo is and B. Think only tourneyf*gs play 1 v. 1 so the game should be balanced around 4 player lol.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
After you download his music pack and have unzipped it, make sure they're named properly to go over the songs that you want, and then place them in private/app/wii/RSBE/pf/sound/strm

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
I'm really bothered that they call people autists. It's like.. they have no grasp and won't even try to wrap their minds around the possibility that Brawl could have been anything but a good game.

Either that, or 4chan's /v/ is full of trolls and I'm just falling prey to it. Reminds me of that one "wiilover" or whatever from Youtube.

PS: Love 2.5. Truly a beautiful thing.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
trust me they are really that stupid

this isn't even trolling they actually believe most of the things they're saying

and that autist insult thing is so ****ing stupid

it's like whenever someone displays a bit of technical knowledge in any sort of specific field you get pelted with hurr autist

because being passionate and enjoying something and being aware of things make you autistic like how ****ing stupid can you even be holy ****

ever since /vg/ and /v/ were seperated /v/ went to the ****ter

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Lovin' 2.5, it really does feel like melee.

Been testing zelda and there are more changes than I thought. I <3 the Uair sparkly hand trail like from melee. Also, I like the little electric wiggles the foe gets when you hit them with an electric move, nice touch ;)

Also Wavebuster, has Zelda's weight/fall speed been changed in any way? it feels different.

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
Hello Project M, do you think you could add a list of known issues under Contact Us, for reporting issues? I came here to make you know of something I encountered, but luckily I read a good chunk of the topic to notice somebody already brought it up 20 pages ago. That way you won't have to deal with everybody reporting the same bug once per week.

Other than that, no complaints :). This is so cool. Thanks!

Edit: Oh and major thanks for replacing New Pork City with Fourside! I really love having its music selection in a stage that's not... New Pork City. x)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
trust me they are really that stupid

this isn't even trolling they actually believe most of the things they're saying

and that autist insult thing is so ****ing stupid

it's like whenever someone displays a bit of technical knowledge in any sort of specific field you get pelted with hurr autist

because being passionate and enjoying something and being aware of things make you autistic like how ****ing stupid can you even be holy ****

ever since /vg/ and /v/ were seperated /v/ went to the ****ter
/vg/ was made specifically because /v/ became ****storm central, but yeah;

/v/ is bad.

How dare the PMBR remove Metaknight just for being broken in 1v1 in a party game.

God.

They should just be glad Wario has a walking animation for a run animation.

What are people's opinions of the music packs out there right now? Which are the best?
Bunni has a pretty good one.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
how?
Z set to grab already does the same as Z set to attack, assuming you're doing the dash attack with cstick down/sideways

McNinja

Smash Ace
Alright I've been playing Squirtle for awhile now and you guys did an amazing job! Oh and I've downloaded 2.5 on about 5 SD cards and none of them have had any problems.

But I do have a quick question.
Shell shifting. When do I use this? I can't find a solid situation in which to use it.

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Alright I've been playing Squirtle for awhile now and you guys did an amazing job! Oh and I've downloaded 2.5 on about 5 SD cards and none of them have had any problems.

But I do have a quick question.
Shell shifting. When do I use this? I can't find a solid situation in which to use it.

:phone:
I could say the same about wavedashing.

Shell shifting gives you a small hurtbox, high mobility, and a hitbox when turning.

How can you not find a use for it on a character that emphasizes mobility?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So how many Project: M Charizard mains are there out there? I'd say I've been using him since day 1. This character alone has me interested in pursuing this game competitively. :p

Revven

FrankerZ
Hello Project M, do you think you could add a list of known issues under Contact Us, for reporting issues? I came here to make you know of something I encountered, but luckily I read a good chunk of the topic to notice somebody already brought it up 20 pages ago. That way you won't have to deal with everybody reporting the same bug once per week.

Other than that, no complaints :). This is so cool. Thanks!

Edit: Oh and major thanks for replacing New Pork City with Fourside! I really love having its music selection in a stage that's not... New Pork City. x)
While it's not very accessible, there's a known issues list in the original post of this thread that was updated specifically for 2.5. (There's also a handy FAQ!!)

There's also a constantly updated known issues list on smashmods as well. We'll consider something like what you're suggesting in the future though.

V-K

Smash Ace
I'm really bothered that they call people autists. It's like.. they have no grasp and won't even try to wrap their minds around the possibility that Brawl could have been anything but a good game.

Either that, or 4chan's /v/ is full of trolls and I'm just falling prey to it. Reminds me of that one "wiilover" or whatever from Youtube.

PS: Love 2.5. Truly a beautiful thing.
I wouldn't even pay attention to 4chan in terms of competitive Smash. They are so narrow minded that they don't want to hear anything but what they believe.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
After playing Ivysaur for a while I'm amazed at the ways he has to heal himself. Uair heals, Dair heals, Pummel heals, Neutral B heals and they all charge Solarbeam :D

I haven't been able to tell if Usmash heals or not, sometimes it seems as if it does but other times it doesn't, more often than Dair and Uair not healing. I'm going to assume that they all have a certain sweetspot that heals, and the Usmash one is smaller. Would that assumption be correct? And am I missing anything that heals?

Also I like how he can heal when hitting things like Yoshi's Island's Shy Guys or the Balloon on Smashville.

And I like the pseudo-shine you guys gave Ness, but it seems to be less useful at high percents than it is at low percents.

I also like Squirtles down B. And his Pink costume. And Ivysaurs Purple costume. And Purple Marth is really nice looking as well.

Overall this is an amazing demo, and I absolutely cannot wait for the full version. Good job PMBR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom