• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekModeOffset

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hyper2386
Thank you for giving Toon Link a better DTilt and Jab Combo! Much faster to execute and combo out of. Good job PMBR!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Squirtle's pretty fun, but it's so weird remembering how side B cancels. You've got jumping in either direction with your jump input, it canceling on-hit with fast IASA for easy followups, pressing B to stop the move, and up-B to do that weird 4% or whatever special jump out of it, but then it travels so fast and falls so quickly if you end up going off stage. Remembering that B cancels it is the hardest part, but it's just something to practice with I guess.

It's nice that it works like a reverse shine though. If you do the shell jump, you can slide quickly over A and on B: since the A button does nothing, there's no messed up input when sliding over it, and lets you jump away really safely.

RAR Bubble is disappointingly small, but any move with that range and setup capability makes sense to have rather limited spacing options.

Watergun seems pretty useless, and up-B is a recovery.

Turnaround damage is still a silly idea.

Rat

Smash Lord
UpB out of sideB is actually really strong. You just gotta sweet spot it.

Hit them with squirtle's noggin right when it comes out. It's his strongest vertical kill move.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Wow Project M is awesome. I had mainly been a 64 player, but I am having a lot of fun with this. As a 64 player I like extensive combos, who in this game has the best combos?

Should I just consult all the Melee info on advanced techniques or are there exclusive ATs for this game?

Where can I find info on all the character specific info?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wow Project M is awesome. I had mainly been a 64 player, but I am having a lot of fun with this. As a 64 player I like extensive combos, who in this game has the best combos?

Should I just consult all the Melee info on advanced techniques or are there exclusive ATs for this game?

Where can I find info on all the character specific info?
Aside from the new tools he's given, Ness can be played somewhat similar to his 64 self with all of the DJC juggles and whatnot. Lucario is another character that you can choose if you want some fast paced combos, although he's the furthest you can get from Smash.

And P:M has advanced techniques from both Melee and Brawl, so unless you want to read about ATs for both game, you might want to check out smashmods.com's forum.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Does anyone know if Hackless full set 2.5 works with Wii System Menu 4.3? I've downloaded 2.5, but it only had the private folder and no codes folder/boot.elf/config.dat (I think that's a problem in itself) so I supplemented with 2.1 versions of those but it still won't load at all.

Usually if the stage builder loaded anyway in 2.1 it would freeze, but it doesn't even freeze now. If only having the private folder is a botched download, I do need to redownload... last resort though.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I absolutely love ZSS so far. She just flows for me and fits my style so well.
Only problem is I have the hardest time recovering with her upB. Anyone else having issues? It seems like it never wants to go to the ledge.
Ivy seems good...her verticals zoning is insane.
Didn't play Squirtle much, but I think I'm bad with him. I can't control him, and I don't understand his sideB. But I think he seems really good and will be after he's had time to develop.
Diddy seems really good. I love his nair. Expected more from his dash attack, seems weak and laggy. Also hate the fact that you can't pick up items out of dash, but WD to pick them up is good and quick too. I love the new monkey jump mechanics too, really well done.
Also new TL changes are amazing. His boomerang seems quicker, and I love his new jab and the "lightning" when you tip dtilt.
Overall loving 2.5, good job PMBR :)

:phone:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
If you're going to release a 2.6, or in any other release, can you replace other songs in stages like Saffron City and Hyrule Castle? I miss Victory Road, but I hate Route 209. So unfitting >_<

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
So, I take a look at this thread while Project M is booting up and running the intro. I turn back around, and it turns out the game has frozen while loading Flat Zone 2. The demo didn't even get a chance to load the characters. :laugh:

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, I'm just telling you what I saw. X) I could test it more to see if more stages freeze other than those two, but I kinda don't want to keep restarting my Wii, then going through the Stage Builder all over again to reload Project M.

abcool

Smash Ace
I played PM 2.5 at my tournament yesterday. We only played doubles since everyone wanted to play Melee after, but doubles was AMAZING!! I didn't record the matches, because we used dual televisions for doubles and i was missing another set of cables to run to my laptop, but seriously Wario is soo much fun. Good stuff guys.

A few things that threw me off though was trying to get a charged throw out of Shoulderbashgrab once i grabbed them; i just couldn't get the timing right. Also, the C-stick wasn't responsive. It worked like a charm in Melee, but in P:M, i was playing pretty much handicapped since it read inputs at times and didn't during others. I lost GFs slightly because of this.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
Are the Riivolution problems going to be looked into? I'm gonna start switching all my stuff around to the gecko method if not, and boy is that going to take forever, took me 5 hours to transfer my stuff from 2.1 to 2.5 on the Riivo setup

thespymachine

Smash Ace
For wavedashing, you must be sure to release R before pressing L. Brawl does not detect specific buttons, and instead reads the command assigned to them. This essentially means that L and R (two buttons with shield input) are read as a single button, and both must be released before new input is accepted.
1) We're very aware! For now, you can light press one shoulder button and full press the other to get the desired effect.

2) Also aware of it, we'll address it in the future. Just try not to go to that second page when you're stage striking as page 2 doesn't allow stage striking.

Hope that helps!
Thanks a lot!
Just will have to adjust for now. :)

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I loaded 2.5 through riivolution but it seems like the whole game is in slow motion. Slow by only a bit it's barley noticeable. Is riivolution known for this? Or do different USB drives read more slowly.

Sorry pickle I didn't realize your account was still logged in...

The music also lags really bad.
....lol thats why you shouldn't drink.

Anyway about this demo 2.5 thingy, not much time with it but so far I think you guys did really good work. I'm very impressed on how you handled some of the characters' changes and just all the new features added in, also the new aesthetics were a nice touch.

Out of the new characters, I think the character that stood out the most to me was diddy. Its pretty early to say this, but I really think that once the meta starts to develop, we'll see him pretty high in the list. Its bananas :awesome: how much potential this character has.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yay, my custom music won't work! And I looked in the Riivolution PM XML, it's incapable of properly loading any songs but the 10 or so included with 2.5, so "redownloading" is useless.
Oh, and the custom SFX won't load either.
And Lucario's shield is still screwed up. Yes I redownloaded, it didn't fix a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom