• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sometimes people really like one thing.

However, that post is essentially "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE" + braindead /mu/-level commentary. It's not like he can't mute the stream and put his own music on... or you know, tune it out.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I can't watch ****ing streams. Everybody that ends up changing the music files has such god-awful taste in music.

It's like "HURR DURR I LIEK ELECTRIC GUITARS, BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABUT ROCK. I LIEK REMIXES OF 3 NOTE JRPG THEMES WITH THE SAME TWANGY GUITAR TONES AND ****LOAD OF RANDOM PINCHED HARMONICS."

Just leave the music as it is please. Not all of us are musically uneducated weeaboos.

OH, and all the ****ing medleys. Medleys are the most tasteless garbage in videogame music.
Smug music geeks are the most unpleasant human beings to be around.

Magus420

Smash Master
Nunchuck is - to strike selected stage, 2 to strike non-random; Z to return striked stages to normal, and C to change pages. Wiimote only is - to strike selected, A to return striked stages, B to change pages, and no non-random strike because there aren't enough buttons lol.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sometimes people really like one thing.

However, that post is essentially "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE". It's not like he can't mute the stream and put his own music on... or you know, tune it out.
Muting would cause the commentary to be muted as well though, so it doesn't really solve the whole problem.

Like I know not everyone shares my taste in music, so if I ever had a mic/working webcam, I'd be sure the game audio is mostly sfx, and lower than the mic audio if people want to have their own stuff playing.

Also, HDT hit it on the mark, saying the same general thing I did:

The two things are not mutually exclusive. He could be overreacting to a person having different musical tastes than him, but also have valid criticism of JCaesar's songs having little variety and being thrown haphazardly on (subjectively) unfitting stages.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I can't watch ****ing streams. Everybody that ends up changing the music files has such god-awful taste in music.

It's like "HURR DURR I LIEK ELECTRIC GUITARS, BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABUT ROCK. I LIEK REMIXES OF 3 NOTE JRPG THEMES WITH THE SAME TWANGY GUITAR TONES AND ****LOAD OF RANDOM PINCHED HARMONICS."

Just leave the music as it is please. Not all of us are musically uneducated weeaboos.

OH, and all the ****ing medleys. Medleys are the most tasteless garbage in videogame music.
omfg I can't agree with you any more than I do right now.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Nunchuck is - to strike selected stage, 2 to strike non-random; Z to return striked stages to normal, and C to change pages. Wiimote only is - to strike selected, A to return striked stages, B to change pages, and no non-random strike because there aren't enough buttons lol.
No "Shake to return stricken stages"? Would be super cute.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The two things are not mutually exclusive. He could be overreacting to a person having different musical tastes than him, but also have valid criticism of JCaesar's songs having little variety and being thrown haphazardly on (subjectively) unfitting stages.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord

Yeah, well, that's just, like your opinion man.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There already are, last PM tournament I was at mostly enforced it on the TO's basis of "if it's not loud and obnoxious". Subjective, but TO's rule so no one had an issue.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
gahlike

And to the kid freaking out about music

This is clearly the most intense battle music right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESYWOcXmhPI
It's at least tasteful. I bet you think Blazblue has good music. lol

At least learn about real rock music and instrumentals before undermining the game's score and replacing it with garbage. It's just as bad as listening to Nickelback or the Jonas Brothers.

That must be the favorite video for 9gag using Nickelback fans.

in Noirscythe's defense, almost all of Jcaesar's brstms sound identical, and there is hardly any variance in the genre or emotion between them.
I know. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one or two stages that had it.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
Dude I think you need to chill lol, I don't know the whole story behind this rant, but I don't see what you hope to accomplish. Just say that you don't like the music they listen too and move on.

On topic, I'm very impressed with the project m team, you guys are seriously delivering a very amazing game. I honestly didn't even think you guys could do that, but at this point I guess I shouldn't be surprised, great work guys.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Dude I think you need to chill lol, I don't know the whole story behind this rant, but I don't see what you hope to accomplish. Just say that you don't like the music they listen too and move on.

On topic, I'm very impressed with the project m team, you guys are seriously delivering a very amazing game. I honestly didn't even think you guys could do that, but at this point I guess I shouldn't be surprised, great work guys.

I LIKE OVERREACTING.

No but seriously, it's bad.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Just wanna mention that I don't know any music from Blazblue as I don't play that game, I don't like Nickelback or Jonas Brothers, but you are still a douche. ;)

In other news, this stage selection screen is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I've begun a tournament set in P:M and how much of a cluster**** it was with stage bans/strikes varying from tournament to tournament and all the confusion involved. This should definitely help.

Kati

Smash Lord
Is the new SSS supposed to suggest an official stage list or is that still up to the TO?

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Just a thought what if theres a sss thats seprates the starters/counter-picks/banned stages?
I think that since the stagelist rules vary from tournament to tournament, this can't really be done with accuracy because not everyone shares the same opinion on what stages should be starters or otherwise.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
This really bugs me. Smash players are so spoiled in this regard. As a DotA/LoL/HoN player, I'm used to weekly/biweekly patches, and they work just fine. Heck, there's tons of hype over the balance changes in every one.

Make patches like monthly or something. Constant hype, a fluid and controllable meta, and the dream of new content is always on the horizon.
This guy knows things.

Arcansi, I am not making that statement in theory. I am making that statement based off an actual understanding of game design. There is physically, absolutely and positively no way for a fighting game with a varied cast to be truly, perfectly balanced in every conceivable way, because it implies a person will know absolutely everything a fanbase can and will do with a game. Even the most feasibly polished game in the entire world has an exploit, a bug that one of the many, many people who plays it has found and abused. I can tell you this because I am in a forum based around a fighting game that still has tricks to be found, over a decade after its release. This is an objective, absolute truth, and the sooner it is realized that this is the case, the sooner it would be realized that the point of balancing a game is to simply get as close as possible to perfection.

Also: weekly updates are a horrendous idea, and many, many of the developers of this mod can tell you that from experience.
So you're saying it's impossible to code well? Not true at all.

You need to stop using impossible and won't happen as equals.

Ok.. Take Ryu in SF for example.. in Vanilla he was great! But then they changed his crouching medium kick to have less range and more laggy when blocked. It was an essential tool to poke around certain other moves in order for him to gain ground and to combo. So ya, that's ONE move which removes his ability to fight certain matchups. That's what I mean when I say it's completely ridiculous that a game can be perfectly balanced.

Now in a game of Smash imagine how many scenarios you have to be aware of.. Changing one move can make one character either broken or useless.
So it isn't easy. Are hard things impossible? No. So this isn't either, it's just difficult.

One time, you said you were logical.

I remember that.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Before too long, I should be able to finally finish up my BRSTM pack.. Maybe within a month or so of 2.5. It has some nice variation, and I put a lot of attention into the general moods of stages.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm only here right now to ask the PMBR a couple of things about their spectacular new stage-striking SSS. Are all of the game's stages available in this SSS (competitive and non-competitive)? Also, I noticed that this SSS still has different 'pages.' Does the game 'remember' stage strikes between page flips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom