• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sooo sonic has the be the least fun character to play against by a mile. I have no problem beating sonic with a variety of characters, but all I do is the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and it doesn't even feel like I'm playing smash. It's more like wack-a-mole.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well, maybe that's because Sonic's so bad. :p

Perchance, which Sonics do you play Hylian?
No known ones, but one of the people I play with regularly mains sonic.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Last I checked, in wack-a-mole, people don't usually hold the hammer above a hole and wait for the mole to eventually run into it.
You obviously don't know wack-a-mole advanced tactics.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The picture clearly means:
-Ike's sword is 1/3 hitlag on shield
-Fully charged QD goes 100 ft
-Ike's sword = a giant tree
NOW DO IT.

Also, to the people asking when 2.5 is releasing:
The PMBR is working hard to hammer out 2.5 soon. Stay posted, people. :)
The PMBR is working hard to hammer out 2.5 soon. Stay posted, people. :)
The PMBR is working hard to hammer out 2.5 soon.
hammer out 2.5 soon.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Any idea what's causing my screen to white out after I press start or A at the project M main title screen? I'm using hackless method, full set if that helps any. Funny thing is, it only does it sometimes when starting up project m, and when it does it'll do it like 3+ times in a row.

EDIT: it also alternately blacks out after the intro sequence is skipped just BEFORE the title screen...

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
The backless method... Is that a new of dressing P:M? I might have to try this if it makes it look more attractive. :troll:
LOLz

But srsly drink, can't really help ya with the intro that's given. Chances are it didn't completely download and there are parts missing. Did you use demo installer? when I used that there were errors in my download and I had to download the zip directly. If you are using an SD card that exceeds 2 GB you are advised to get the Riivolution version. I'm not sure about this myself, since I just bought the 2GB card literally with pocket change.

But those are the potential problems. Too bad I don't know that much *shrug*

metroid1117

Smash Master
By the way, remember a long time ago how I said people should come up with creative ways to utilize reverse hits? This isn't Project M, but Falcon's reverse BAir looks so sexy.

(Seriously though, that video is probably my new all-time favorite Falcon combo video, up there with IKM2.)

Pit mains, you should see if shflf'd weak reverse BAir -> FSmash can be a thing!

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
On the Melee Sheik boards, we've been talking about the usefulness of Sheik's reverse utilt (the down swing) and we've discovered some really amazing utilities for it. It's safe on shield, it combos into grab at low-mid %'s, and it knocks opponents into the air for ftilt and fair things at later %'s. Really cool stuff! :)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
By the way, remember a long time ago how I said people should come up with creative ways to utilize reverse hits? This isn't Project M, but Falcon's reverse BAir looks so sexy.

(Seriously though, that video is probably my new all-time favorite Falcon combo video, up there with IKM2.)

Pit mains, you should see if shflf'd weak reverse BAir -> FSmash can be a thing!
ive asked about it here, but no one ever responded ;_;

Falcon's reverse bair feels a lot harder to do than in melee, and even when i land it, im usually not able to combo off of it as easily as melee

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@stunts
Lol I'm using all the right stuff I've had it working and been playing for nearly 8 months now, this is just something it does from time to time and I was hoping PMBR knows what causes it or something. Thanks anyways though.

@calvo
Maybe it's a knockback stacking thing? Like landing a hit and trying to lead it into a reverse bair my send them at a different angle since P:M 2.1 doesn't have knockback stacking...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, so how do I Jigglypuff? So far I just improv a mix of fair, bair, nair, and dair depending on the situation (usually dair/fair or dair/bair depending on where they are) with the occasional smash attack, or maybe a Rest if I'm feeling gutsy or desperate.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
@stunts
Lol I'm using all the right stuff I've had it working and been playing for nearly 8 months now, this is just something it does from time to time and I was hoping PMBR knows what causes it or something. Thanks anyways though.

@calvo
Maybe it's a knockback stacking thing? Like landing a hit and trying to lead it into a reverse bair my send them at a different angle since P:M 2.1 doesn't have knockback stacking...
knockback stacking didn't even occur to me

that might be it, hopefully it is, because i want to do sexy falcon **** :3c

metroid1117

Smash Master
Personally, I'm looking forward to the day that RAR Reverse Bairs become a thing.
That'd be such a great way to mess up your opponent's DI.

Okay, so how do I Jigglypuff? So far I just improv a mix of fair, bair, nair, and dair depending on the situation (usually dair/fair or dair/bair depending on where they are) with the occasional smash attack, or maybe a Rest if I'm feeling gutsy or desperate.
Jigglypuff is a Melee veteran who's pretty well-developed, so you're probably better off asking around or reading up in the threads at the Melee Jigglypuff forums. You should reference Hungrybox's Melee and PM videos from FC: Legacy and The Big House 2 as well.

I don't know how to use Jigglypuff at all (I'm terrible at spacing wars), but Hungrybox uses a lot of BAirs and very few DAirs in the neutral game.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I want to play Metroid in Zard dittos sometime since he just goes in hard all the time looking for combos and I just space nairs for 8 minutes and never combo anything.

You should come up to Des Moines for Joker's tournament on the 15th, metroid!

metroid1117

Smash Master
I want to play Metroid in Zard dittos sometime since he just goes in hard all the time looking for combos and I just space nairs for 8 minutes and never combo anything.

You should come up to Des Moines for Joker's tournament on the 15th, metroid!
There's a tournament right at IL in the usual location on that day, so I think I'll pass >.>. It'd be fun to play and meet you someday though,

With regards to SCSYN 5 (that tournament in February), I forgot to mention that there's a Megabus promotion going on that lets you book a trip for $1; you should try it out if you're seriously considering it.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
BAir.

Learn to rest.

And uh, yeah. Just be patient and learn to space stuff and edgeguard offstage very well.
IDK, you can do some tasty fair gimps. But yeah, bair nessessities.

Bus goes from Des Moines to Chicago, still a 30 minute drive to Oak Lawn. If I could get a ride from that point I'd be glad to go.

nevermind it doesn't let me get a $1 ticket anyway.
Are we still talking about Washington or Iowa? If Iowa, then that's something I can potentially attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom