• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
In Iowa again for the next probably 3 years except for maybe a week in the summer to go to ConnectiCon.

Or Anime Boston if I can get a job and the income that comes with it since it has lots of touhous <3.

We need to do a heavy metal giant angled stamina DK ditto MM, Joe.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
??? Sethlon driving there? If so I'll talk to him I'd love to do that

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Going to Joker's monthly in Des Moines on the 15th instead. I want to get people in IA more interested in PM than I want anything else atm.
Ah man, I do love joker tournaments haha. I really want to go to a huge PM tournament though.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Going to Joker's monthly in Des Moines on the 15th instead. I want to get people in IA more interested in PM than I want anything else atm.
The tournament that Hylian linked is in February, you can go to both :).

I'm going to try to make it to SCSYN 5, but I'll be busy.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The tournament that Hylian linked is in February, you can go to both :).

I'm going to try to make it to SCSYN 5, but I'll be busy.
Oh, I didn't even see the Feb. in the date. Ahdunnuh, I can try to make it, but that whole no-income thing is making this Joker's then StrongBad week a sort of one-off occurrence if I can't get a job+license.

these are more intense than the Samurai game in Kirby, 1st hit almost always wins, but the pressure is -on- to try and come back
"Alright alright let's just go random. If you get DK you win the lottery."

satan666

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys ever get started on characters like oilmar/diddy/ice climber? Because the next announcement should be ether "2.5 roaster reveal metaknight" or the progression on the said above characters .

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
There's a Des Moines in Washington? Do you still pronounce it "Deh Moinn" or "Dei Mwan" or something else entirely?

There won't be any word on characters until they're ready to be announced for a playable demo rest assured that work is being done on the whole cast, even if there are complications with some of them (which there might even not be any more).

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys ever get started on characters like oilmar/diddy/ice climber? Because the next announcement should be ether "2.5 roaster reveal metaknight" or the progression on the said above characters .
Pre Demo 2 streams had all the characters selectable and each character was shown at least once. None of them were even close to how they are now (well, the characters from up to 2.5 anyways), and it is safe to say that all the characters were at least touched, just not ready to be presented.

Also, keep in mind that Characters and engine are priority one. As well as stuff that are nessessary or quick fixes like the things from last update. So if an engine tweak is this week's update, the chances of a character related update are quite high.

satan666

Smash Apprentice
Pre Demo 2 streams had all the characters selectable and each character was shown at least once. None of them were even close to how they are now (well, the characters from up to 2.5 anyways), and it is safe to say that all the characters were at least touched, just not ready to be presented.

Also, keep in mind that Characters and engine are priority one. As well as stuff that are nessessary or quick fixes like the things from last update. So if an engine tweak is this week's update, the chances of a character related update are quite high.
Iceclimber were brawl iceclimber that could wavedash/l-cancel and they never show oilmar.

There's a Des Moines in Washington? Do you still pronounce it "Deh Moinn" or "Dei Mwan" or something else entirely?
The first one.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Iceclimber were brawl iceclimber that could wavedash/l-cancel and they never show oilmar.
I see where you're getting at, don't get me wrong, but I'm speaking of of speculation and they all were shown and talked about at some point. Olimar was shown really early in development and the only thing changed then was it took 4 seconds to pluck every pikmin. After that, he was only talked about. There was something a while back about rumors of the pikmin getting stronger the further they bloomed, but that was a long time ago. And as for Ice Climbers, or "GlitchClimbers", have resulted in the engine itself changing and not the characters. They were making fun of their glitchy movements not long before Demo 2's release and my guess is that they have yet to find the solution to the problem. I would say don't get your hopes up seeing them any time soon.

As for Diddy, little official talk has been said after breifly showing him. All people noticed were his then one banana peel limit and horrible looking recovery, the ladder in which maybe the result of the stage walls having yet to be modified. I can't tell you much about his progress.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You know this keeps happening

GO TO BED LEELUE!

:drflip:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The last one is either a tree or broccoli OR Eruption cloud. Can't tell

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Looks a bit annorexic to be Whispy Woods

Def Broccoli

It looks like a refrence to Ike's sword being a blunt object like a big stick, but he made it Broccoli so I guess Ike is a Veggie Warrior

cannedbread

Smash Lord
okay so they want ike to have 1/3 less hitlag on shield, higher jumps and to replace his ragnell with a piece of broccoli

jesus **** this is genius

even better than a moves that comes out on frame 4 and comboes into itself

are we getting this in 2.5???

cannedbread

Smash Lord
no i was baiting that reaction, sort of like how ike can't bait anything

also i'm really starting to realize the use of lucas' magnet

`dazrin

Smash Champion
The picture clearly means:
-Ike's sword is 1/3 hitlag on shield
-Fully charged QD goes 100 ft
-Ike's sword = a giant tree
NOW DO IT.

Also, to the people asking when 2.5 is releasing:
The PMBR is working hard to hammer out 2.5 soon. Stay posted, people. :)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Spindash is actually a state, cannedbread. I'll add more to this post in a sec, but it would be better if I could find you a spindash guide I read on AllisBrawl. It was really good. Basically, both downB and sideB put you into what's called Spindash Roll (SDR). DownB puts you into it immediately, sideB has a little hop in the beginning.

Edit: This isn't what I read before but it seems just as good:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170844
Keep in mind that sideB is no longer chargeable, I think. Instead, the size of the hop is controlled by how long you hold down B when you press it ranging from almost no hop when you tap it to a full-sized hop when you hold it fully. Also, I believe downB can now be shield cancelled while charging it.

Edit 2: Oh, here's the guide I read earlier:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=11987
It's shorter and easier to absorb. Just remember the few key differences between vBrawl Sonic and P:M Sonic that I mentioned above.

no i was baiting that reaction, sort of like how ike can't bait anything

also i'm really starting to realize the use of lucas' magnet
It's a shine, man! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom