• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Does anyone ever go back and watch some of their old fights and then compare it to how you play now and smile at the fact that you've gotten so much better since then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLDTMx0V7_Y (one of the few old brawl plays I have).

I watch this video and realize my style of play as changed a lot, espeically with the transition of from Brawl to PM

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Don't we all do that? For the most part, if I'm in it, that vid is probably something I will watch many times.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I watched like two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate because my friend really liked it. It sucked horribly. The voice acting sucked (for the dub, which is what he had), the characters where flat, the action was lame. Hellsing is apparently like ultimate but worse.
Incorrect, original is great until they start making **** up because the manga wasn't finished.

There is zero point to watching the first few episodes of Ultimate when the original had better music and atmosphere as it took its time to develop the characters even if it wasn't 100% accurate to the manga (but close enough).

Watch Ultimate when the Nazis get involved and it diverges from the original show. Or don't do that, whatever you prefer.

Last edited:

himemiya

Smash Lord
Code Geass is incredibly unintellectual, and I don't really think it ever tried to sell itself as intellectual. Lelouch is a total ham. But it is an okay ish drama with some pretty interesting psychic powers.

I watched like two episodes of Hellsing Ultimate because my friend really liked it. It sucked horribly. The voice acting sucked (for the dub, which is what he had), the characters where flat, the action was lame. Hellsing is apparently like ultimate but worse.
Death battle light yagami vs lelouch, who wins? A death witz battle!

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Huh, I thought everyone liked Clannad and After Story haha, I do, I've only ever watched like 3 anime shows though so I don't really know what's good I guess, but I've liked the 3 I've watched a lot, hence being the only reason I finished them lol

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
someone link me some swag smash 64 combos, i need smash 64 on the smash blog

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Wtf does a death battle between those two constitute. They both have 0 fighting capabilities, but Lelouch could destroy the entire district Light is hiding in with one nuke or kill him with his armies or his mechs and all that crazy ****, and Geass means he owns Light if they so much as meet. DN means that Light could kill Lelouch from any distance so long as he knows what his face looks like (which he won't if Lelouch hasn't been revealed yet) and what his "real" name is (which he won't if Lelouch hasn't been revealed yet).

So uhhh, either Lelouch dies out of the blue whilst in the public eye, or the masked man Zero's army destroys whatever part of Toukyou Light lives in, or Zero corners him and Geasses him.

It's really not a very good idea for a death battle. It's either a boring chase scene, or a random death.

himemiya

Smash Lord
from
Wtf does a death battle between those two constitute. They both have 0 fighting capabilities, but Lelouch could destroy the entire district Light is hiding in with one nuke or kill him with his armies or his mechs and all that crazy ****, and Geass means he owns Light if they so much as meet. DN means that Light could kill Lelouch from any distance so long as he knows what his face looks like (which he won't if Lelouch hasn't been revealed yet) and what his "real" name is (which he won't if Lelouch hasn't been revealed yet).

So uhhh, either Lelouch dies out of the blue whilst in the public eye, or the masked man Zero's army destroys whatever part of Toukyou Light lives in, or Zero corners him and Geasses him.

It's really not a very good idea for a death battle. It's either a boring chase scene, or a random death.
How about........

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
LF>anime
Prefrence: Something that ether came out last season or this one.
Reason: I seen dem otter ones

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Weebness goes above and beyond liking anime or manga.

It's a love of moe and all that it embodies without a trace of irony, especially bad is the sexualizing of preadolescent school girls as being more "adorable" and "cute" than developed women.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
but preadolescent school girls are more adorable and cute than adult women
those words don't mean sexy

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
but preadolescent school girls are more adorable and cute than adult women
Tons of Rule 34 fan art, hentai games and pillow buddies for dry humping suggest otherwise.

If it was really about the love of innocence and purity I'm sure we'd see less provocative posing and more little boys doing cute things with little girls in cute avatars.

Yeah it's something that is usually just not remarked upon out of kindness but it is what it is.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
lol, i started watching gurrn in summer of 2010, watched 12 episodes, and stopped watchign it
its now been 4 years and i still haven't finished it
I dont know whats good
Guess you're not...
The strongest.

http://cow.org/csi/'
buncha weebs in here
And you count, too. Hah!

I can do a near-perfect Optimus Prime voice, completely seriously. Can't do it fast, but it's just-about spot-on(and will get better in a few years when I have old man weary voice-stuff start setting in lol)
Can I be the announcer?
Serious note, I've been doing singing/impressions for years when no one was looking; Mr. Cullen isn't going to live forever as much as I would love for him to, some day, maybe I can be the one to fill those shoes, if no one else is up to it... Then I would be able to say I got this, and be literal about it.
There are few things I would be more honored to do, than to try to live up to such a legacy!

Fixed to look cooler.

I hate that W-word so much. I like both Anime and old cartoons.
Same. Stereotypical terms piss me off to end, I'm called them more often than most people think, and I don't even fit into any at all. It's... well.

Makes me wish to do things that have me sitting in my bed late at night, restless.

Real talk, walking to a park/cafe and just turning on your computer and watching/doing whatever is very relaxing. Technology + Outdoors = would recommend.
It's been a moderate summer, temperature-wise.
Also I've been in the right spot to see sunsets/sunrises during this season; words fail me.

Some people have a cuteness fetish
...I like cute things.
Not in a sexual way, mind you, I just squee(in the background) with all the fangirls when something is adorable.

but pre-adolescent school girls are more adorable and cute than adult women
Those words don't mean jack-nothing. It's always down to opinion. Like everything else in existence.

Weebness goes above and beyond liking anime or manga.
It's a love of moe and all that it embodies without a trace of irony, especially bad is the sexualizing of preadolescent school girls as being more "adorable" and "cute" than developed women.
And it's obnoxious about it, in the that Jehovah's Witnesses and bronies are, that is, they go on, and on about it.

To me, when you really have a love/passion from someone/something, you don't talk for days about it...(or much at all, in my case lol)
And you have no need to, as your actions speak for themselves. Love is quiet, but always present as a wall of support, after all.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This thread no longer has anything related to Juggernaut or Zangief

Time to dip beyond the Universal Horizon Omega Goonie Dip

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's GOOD phone quality bro. All these foos here always mention "oh well I got this thing but oh the whoas of only owning $200 camera and phone isn't good enough as your $20 capture card so im not gonna record"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JsFY-5kow&list=PLovBMkMLex7wTISMgGxSMBt7vcLpeX4Gs
Compilation 1-4 is my $50 ancient camera and occasional $50 phone, rest are $20 DVD K-World 2.0 with $5 Wii cables S-video+Composite (I record the s-video and play with the composite) when i don;t record i play with COmponent cables (on my CRT) same with a lot of pmdepot vids

I'm surprised you got it, what makes doing early aerials easy on the Wiimote i don't know the controls.

I want to test you and your SD card beating stick device some more, I might be able to come up with another Sonic challenge unless you're willing to do other character ones.

Last edited:

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
That's GOOD phone quality bro. All these foos here always mention "oh well I got this thing but oh the whoas of only owning $200 camera and phone isn't good enough as your $20 capture card so im not gonna record"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JsFY-5kow&list=PLovBMkMLex7wTISMgGxSMBt7vcLpeX4Gs
Compilation 1-4 is my $50 ancient camera and occasional $50 phone, rest are $20 DVD K-World 2.0 with $5 Wii cables S-video+Composite (I record the s-video and play with the composite) when i don;t record i play with COmponent cables (on my CRT) same with a lot of pmdepot vids

I'm surprised you got it, what makes doing early aerials easy on the Wiimote i don't know the controls.

I want to test you and your SD card beating stick device some more, I might be able to come up with another Sonic challenge unless you're willing to do other character ones.
Its probably not easy, but when you play with a controller for so many years and master it, it doesn't matter what controller it is. People tend to think everything is easier/better on the classic controller or the gamecube controller, but anything you can do on those you can do on the Wiichuck, and its even THAT hard, if you put in the practice.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
This EVO has a crapton of great photos/shots/exploitables, wow.
imgur.com/YYNiSm2
imgur.com/NWTuMLq
imgur.com/J7Xq0ch
imgur.com/AjoNZQl
imgur.com/lyKsXuM
imgur.com/HYfvXDe

This thread no longer has anything related to Juggernaut or Zangief

Time to dip beyond the Universal Horizon Omega Goonie Dip
And now it does.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I'm pretty sure the only AT that can't be done on a controller is DACUS on a wiimote-only.
I'm not 100% sure but as far as I've tried I've never gotten it to work.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I'm pretty sure the only AT that can't be done on a controller is DACUS on a wiimote-only.
I'm not 100% sure but as far as I've tried I've never gotten it to work.
You're probably right, but who actually tries to use a Wiiremote by itself unless they are purely playing casually? I've tried it by itself once for ****z and giggles, could not do a lot of things without the nunchuck attached.

Edit: If someone actually could use the Wiimote on its own competitively I would be EXTREMELY impressed, as that definitely would be a feat.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
You're probably right, but who actually tries to use a Wiiremote by itself unless they are purely playing casually? I've tried it by itself once for ****z and giggles, could not do a lot of things without the nunchuck attached.
I played wiimote-only for a long time. I had to make the inevitable switch to GCC because of the obvious limitations, but I'm not much worse when using it.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
It wasn't really easy, it required some strict timing and muscle memory which was quite apparent to me when I sat down and tried it the first time.
Other than the timing, I would imagine it is equally as difficult on GCC as it is on Wiichuck due to the similar button layout I have set for frame perfect jump > attack sequences.

I have "down" on the D-Pad set to "jump", which is located right above the attack button; similarly, the GCC has the exact same layout with the "y" button laying right above the attack button, making it easier to do aerials out of jumps (or atleast, this is what I assume people use).

Challenges are fun.

I can try out other characters but it may take me more time to complete challenges with them due to my lack of a "feel" with the character. I'm still willing to try though; anything to help develop my controller's metagame further.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Challenges are fun; anything to help develop my controller's metagame further.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtHGb_Wf9o&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A
MK: SH Up-air to every aerial he has, then do a FH Fair to Waveland on the BF platform within 4 tries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAMoJ8ZpvjE&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=161
Wolf: Double Multi-Shine Up-smash, perform twice in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl5Sfu-v1nU&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A
Marth: Ledge drop DJ Double Fair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_iPK38R1o&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=29
Ike: Wavebounce QD to WJ (with the QD) to B-reverse QD (you'll go towards the stage)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knNK-fLBNps&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A
Triple Bair a Bowser on .5 DMG ratio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87G-nPP4Njo&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=79
Diddy: Ledge drop DJ WJ Peanut B-reverse into AGT banana before touching the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk#t=248
Lucario: SH Fair Dair, perform twice in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDkfjFr1F0&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=23
Snake: DJ Platform cancel drop to DJ Platform cancel drop to Up-b Platform cancel drop (on top platform)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeMluR8feQ&list=UUC_duOivBOekU6LS3_8w25A#t=270
Squirtle: Perform whatever the hell this was (be sure to scream)

Last edited:
Top Bottom