• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Ledge drop double fair is easier than sh double fair isn't it? From looking at the frame data, it looks like you get ~10 frames more from DJ at ledge level than from SH.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Ledge drop double fair is easier than sh double fair isn't it? From looking at the frame data, it looks like you get ~10 frames more from DJ at ledge level than from SH.
I'm use to fast falling a bit from Falco SHDL, so you might be right. Which of the challenges seems hardest to you?
Sounds fun!

Btw, what's the song on that Diddy challenge video?
Glad you're up for it, I think that one is Serj Tankian "Deafening Silence". Other diddy ones feature Crystal Castles "Crime Wave" and often ThePeteBox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6ZQ3s93KcU

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I wrote this up for FB, but this is important enough, I feel, to warrant sharing it elsewhere.

So, we live in a glorious time, even with all the, frankly, horrific, downsides; things ARE gonna work out, contrary to what impressions you may get from the things that happen.

But, all things come to an end; and the evil, and terrible acts are the first in line to go, when it comes down to it.

In any case, never has there been a time when you can have this be the theme for someone, and people will have known it word for word for decades, by heart, and it'll be as meaningful now as it was back then, if not more so.

Keep your heads held high, folks, the sky's the start, never the limit!

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
that x-men video... oh dear the memories. 2005!?

I lost my transformers anniversary dvd for several years only to find it in a bookshelf among asimov, battletech, physics books etc. I would have kept it there if there was a tv around.

Wait Big House is in October?? What's the next big smash tournament for the summer?

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
that x-men video... oh dear the memories. 2005!?

I lost my transformers anniversary dvd for several years only to find it in a bookshelf among asimov, battletech, physics books etc. I would have kept it there if there was a tv around.

Wait Big House is in October?? What's the next big smash tournament for the summer?
Summer of smash is over, pack your bags.

Kati

Smash Lord
Summer of smash is over, pack your bags.
You don't say?

huh. I think I tuned into competitive smash right before the doc and evo'13. It's been lots of fun. Watching the world cup final with my friend who I've known since kindergarden was alright, but rushing over to a newly met smasher's house to watch evo top 8 with other newly acquainted smashers was exhilarating.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I ****ing LOVE My Way Entertainment.
Rattle rattle thunder crackle boom boom boom.
Oh my god. Same.
(Randy as) G1 Mega-sorry, Jacob P. Galvatron: "That ain't s*** compared to the time me and Galactus got caught having a nekkid knife fight by the National Inquirer."

Freaking MWE, man.
IMO the "I'm the Juggernaut, you-know-what" quote isn't their funniest thing.
Their bloopers(ESPECIALLY the Bleach outtakes) top that pretty easily.

*that scene were Ichigo gets a roundhouse to his dome when he opens the front door*

Ichigo's Dad: "MOTHERFU-" *everyone there starts laughing themselves silly* (from this vid, BTW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaxvJcX7xd8&feature=player_detailpage#t=959 beware a crapton of swearing, it makes it even funnier, though)
Freaking MWE, man.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh uh if anyone finds me in EVO pics pls tag me here (or FB if you have me) thanks <3

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
@ shairn shairn its possible to DACUS using wiimote
I wasn't sure, since IIRC DACUS requires the C-stick for some arcane reason. Is it just dash attack into up+grab?

Unrelated, I went digging in the past and found this hilariously 2001 intro page

Unfortunately, the power of wayback machine is limited and I can't access actual forum posts. There's very few posts from pre-2007 that survived to this iteration of the forum, and it's pretty unfortunate.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Everyone with an s in there name always turns that into a $
...I wonder what my tag could be spritzed up as.
I thought about it, and going by ancient(Classical timeframe, of course! /history buff) Greek symbols, it could be done like so:
M, for mu, or in Chinese, void, in English, nothing, and in this context, typical usage would be like "Return to NOTHING!" *foe is made dust(like so: http://i.imgur.com/iyJ0umR.jpg Never forget the choice that was made on those days.) by fusion cannon*, and, ω, for Omega, as in Alpha and Omega.

Well, now.

In any case, that sounds about right, really; I'd make an excellent last line of defense if it came down to it, a role I'd be honored to take on. None shall pass, as they say, and none WOULD pass titans(in the most literal sense of the word) like the one in my avatar.

Also, I like keeping things I care about safe/happy/provided for. i.e. A lot of cute things, and/or the people I care for.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
@ shairn shairn its possible to DACUS using wiimote
Wiimote only : no dear god why would you even try to do that.
Wiichuk : yes, by either using shake smash or the Dpad to dash attack. I think in Brawl the window with Snake is so huge that you can dacus by simply shaking the wiimote down and up.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I played wiimote-only for a long time. I had to make the inevitable switch to GCC because of the obvious limitations, but I'm not much worse when using it.
Next week we gotta get a gauntlet vs you on Wiimote on stream.

Oracle

Smash Master
Just put up the trailer for Low Tier City 2!
This tournament is gonna be insane! Be sure to come check it out!

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I know that feel bro. Probably because we're in the same scene.

Awkward.
No one hardly ever wants to play in the upstate. Its rare to find people who wanna play. I have a partner I played with 2-3 times a week, but for the now, hes in NY. I'm a lot better than him to, so things get a bit boring. Probably gonna explore ultra street fighter 4 soon.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I have to go on a several-hour bus trip to get to the closest smash scene

and it's likely to only have like 20 players at most

don't live in central ontario, y'all

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Theres probably about 300 smashers at least that all live within an hour radius of one another ( If that make sense) here in AZ. I guess thats the benefit of living near the heart of the 4th most populated county in the states. Like I wouldn't have to drive more than 45 min one way to get bopped by any of Axe,Taj,tai,Neon, and K9, (Hbox during the summer too). Socal is probably the only region with more a more densly populated group of smashers than AZ lol.

I feel bad for people that live out in the middle of the canadian wilderness. At least you're not skating around between classes in 114 degree heat though.

OHH So I started a new run of Awakening. I wanted to do Loony but couldn't bring myself to get past the first 5 chapters of RNG, so Hard works i guess. I'm still getting into the bad habit of power leveling like 4 characters and just powering through the game with them. Right now I have Sullly as a swordsmaster, Kellam as a great knight (will change to general later though), and then Robin. I'm just trying to decide if I should make a war preist, trickster, or the mounted healer. And then I'll spend another 5 hours grinding out the waifus and making perfect babby soilders. This game is so adicting, i forgot >.>

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I should really get more people at my school into it. Everyone owns Brawl, a Wii, and an SD card, so it wouldn't be so hard. I really need to get to doing the Facebook thing tho.

Edit: I take it back, most of the gamers I know are elitist people who play next gen consoles. When I try to talk about games they call me a Nintendo fanboy. They said I like Dota just because its made by Nintendo. :confused:
They go crazy over their Xbox one and ask when am I going to get Titanfall. How do I handle this?

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I have to go on a several-hour bus trip to get to the closest smash scene

and it's likely to only have like 20 players at most

don't live in central ontario, y'all
I'm not an expert in Ontario's geography but doesn't that mean you're not that far off from Toronto? There's even a pretty big PM tourney going on in Toronto on Sunday.

I should really get more people at my school into it. Everyone owns Brawl, a Wii, and an SD card, so it wouldn't be so hard. I really need to get to doing the Facebook thing tho.

Edit: I take it back, most of the gamers I know are elitist people who play next gen consoles. When I try to talk about games they call me a Nintendo fanboy. They said I like Dota just because its made by Nintendo. :confused:
They go crazy over their Xbox one and ask when am I going to get Titanfall. How do I handle this?
Find new friends. These people sound pretty ****ty (and dumb, how even do you get something that wrong)

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I have a VERY VERY VERY small but starting smash scene

In-fact, now that I check facebook the event they are having is tomorrow.

And as usual I have no motivation to go in 100+ degree weather to get on the bus to go.

Top Bottom