• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Got a super famicom with two controllers and some games for 15$ off a junk pile in Japan and got it working fine over here.
Now I just need to get the bit to swap the backs of the japanese N64 games I got...

Also I can't wait to bring this baby to the N64 weekly to try it out @Bazkip

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I was kinda hoping ExPMDT weren't gonna be in charge of balance this time around...

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
cant this year cuz im going to anime expo to get more waifus

plus i dont wanna go to the middle of the desert with smelly nerds

theme song for when i destroy grey and everything he loves
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fghost_data%2Fblatant-plagiarism
be ready for next year u weenie
Theme of anti-strong.

Edit: Stop this man Grey Belnades Grey Belnades
You don't want to go to Vegas but you'll happily jump at the chance to hang out in a convention full of sweaty jabronis, nerds, anime nerds, and weeaboos. Why am I not surprised?

G4 was announced. See me there. I'm done with PM but I'll beat you with Ganon jab, down tilt, and wizkick. That's all I need.

Here's my victory theme when I body you 534-0.

WWEDT nerfed roman in 3.5, RIP top tier
I-It's a work you dumb s-smarks!

Y-You'll see! He'll go to Battleground, win the title, and bring the Roman Empire atop the WWE again.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Strong Bad used to be a Modding kingpin, but he put that life behind him to pursue sleep and pure ****posting. In this summer blockbuster, old habits die hard...
"I want to reassemble the team."
"You know I left that life behind"
"The game has changed Strong Bad" *Presents suitcase containing legal legitimacy*
Can Strong Bad bring the team together. "Just downsmash!" "I can't! It's too disjointed!"
Or will they succumb to obscurity. "It has to be like Melee Strong Bad!"
*Rapid jump cuts sync with repetitive bass sound*
Mild cartoon violence! "TOYAH!"
Romance! "Rate my butt."
And an unforeseen foe...
"Nintendo is proud to announce Melee HD."
Wavedash or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About the Fans and Love the Game

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Strong Bad used to be a Modding kingpin, but he put that life behind him to pursue sleep and pure ****posting. In this summer blockbuster, old habits die hard...
"I want to reassemble the team."
"You know I left that life behind"
"The game has changed Strong Bad" *Presents suitcase containing legal legitimacy*
Can Strong Bad bring the team together. "Just downsmash!" "I can't! It's too disjointed!"
Or will they succumb to obscurity. "It has to be like Melee Strong Bad!"
*Rapid jump cuts sync with repetitive bass sound*
Mild cartoon violence! "TOYAH!"
Romance! "Rate my butt."
And an unforeseen foe...
"Nintendo is proud to announce Melee HD."
Wavedash or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying About the Fans and Love the Game
"Just downsmash"

Lmao jamwa is the best

Last edited:

JOE!

Smash Hero
I was kinda hoping ExPMDT weren't gonna be in charge of balance this time around...
Oh shush. The actual PM characters I feel came out great with some little exceptions here and there (also, not finished, yadda yadda). What was really weird was that the design was sorta anchored by Melee in both good and bad ways.

JOE!

Smash Hero
You know, thats probably the one thing I am interested in with the PMDT's designs. If they had truly free reign on all characters like they did with say, Zelda, Ivysaur, Lucario, etc. Instead of being essentially "pressured" into making 1:1 melee tops, or keeping anyone in melee essentially the same. I wonder what their thoughts were when it came to that?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
a little unrelated spiel before I get off the internet to do real-world stuff: today (and yesterday) there was a big old drama-fueled mess on twitter over two jokes in paper mario color splash that were intended to be separate, but when mixed together created a far more unfortunate joke by accident. (it's kotaku, but it's also fairly good writing on that fact, so: http://kotaku.com/after-outcry-nintendo-says-paper-mario-color-splash-d-1782492966)

it wasn't intentional, and it'd be rude to assume as such... but altogether, if people interpret something in some way, intent no longer matters. regardless of sides, a lot of people made an interpretation that wasn't the intent, and so the outcome became the same for those people.

or, put it a different way: paper mario color splash was likely intended to not make all nintendo fans sigh uncontrollably with frustration and apathy. compared to that intent, I literally cared so little about the game's existence that I was up until about a half-hour ago calling it "paper mario paper jam", and I had to look up what it was actually called after that. it's just really terrible writing, and it's allowed to be that, but anything which reads off that terrible writing can be valid criticism.

ok that's my soapbox done. here, have a brand new breed of doggo:

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2016/6/23/12013830/pumi-new-dog-breed-american-kennel-club

god bless us all, everyone. good afternoon, don't get into fights, please come back before curfew ok I love you bye

Life

Smash Hero
Man, MN9 makes me so sad. It's like thiiiiis close to being a good game... I think the worst thing is the load times. There are a few issues, but they'd be more forgivable if you didn't have to wait ten seconds to do anything. (Why are there loading screens for the main menu?!)

Lizalfos

Smash Master
done. here, have a brand new breed of doggo:

http://www.theverge.com/tldr/2016/6/23/12013830/pumi-new-dog-breed-american-kennel-club

god bless us all, everyone. good afternoon, don't get into fights, please come back before curfew ok I love you bye
Hooray! Inbred monstrosity given seal of approval.

Sorry. I'll go watch anime. Also my parents are crazy and bought a semiautomatic firearm because pls no tek mi guhns. Last night it was just laying on the couch. WTF are these adults?
I regret not getting skull girls during the last sale. *buys ESA instead*

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The rich and powerful were going to be in control either way, but if the UK leaves the EU, then they're just making it that much easier for those corrupt scum in high places to do their thing. And for what? For..."independence"? How absurd.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Today I renewed my gym membership for a year for $300 and got an interview for tomorrow.

Looking strong and in charge.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I traded in my Wii U, Wii, 3 Wii U games, 3 PS3 games and a Wii U Pro controller and got almost $300 for it all. Got a New 3DS and Kirby: Planet Robobot with money to spare to get something when I go back tomorrow and trade in two Classic Controller Pros. ¦D

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
even ignoring the hilarity in britain of all places fearing other cultures coming in and taking over, there's nothing good here. your solution to stopping economy issues (which is the closest to a legit argument anti-immigration has) by tanking the whole thing yourself?

british pound dropped to the lowest its been in over three decades, good job, real hard-working economy stability there

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
even ignoring the hilarity in britain of all places fearing other cultures coming in and taking over, there's nothing good here. your solution to stopping economy issues (which is the closest to a legit argument anti-immigration has) by tanking the whole thing yourself?

british pound dropped to the lowest its been in over three decades, good job, real hard-working economy stability there
It's also effectively screwed over everyone who invested in them for technology reasons. US market is going to start today off in a rougher place. Japan's already had to halt their markets because they invested so much into the UK.

EDIT: Aaaaand major stocks have also dropped ~29%.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
the realization of what today is an anniversary of in the pro wrestling world, means I should prrrrobably get off the internet for a while, lest I become permanently trenched into a fetal position for the lest of my life

goodnight, thread

https://superblizzard.bandcamp.com/track/the-show-must-go-on

Code:
The best in the world
But we didn't read the signs
And the pills and the falls you took every night
They tore apart your mind
And now you're a monster
And nobody says your name
And where once there was pride, where once there was love
There now is only shame

But the show must go on
The show must go on
Even when madness takes what you love
The show must go on
nine years ago, my hero turned into a monster. because pro wrestling demanded it.
chris benoit, had he not done this, would have likely died only seven months later. his mind, and his body, were of someone over twice his age.
all because of the very job he loved. a business that told him he needed to bulk up, that every hit he'd take to the head was something to be proud of, that taking breaks is weak.
christ, today isn't a very happy day for anyone, is it?

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Bleck Bleck my Facebook feed had your post on UK independence immediately preceding a post celebrating it, so I thought that was humourous.

Top Bottom