• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"ok, so. eighty four thousand people stuffed into an arena, they're all booing the guy we want as our centerpiece. what do we do"

"okay, so: he hits a woman, yeah?"

"...yes, and?"

"that's it, actually. people like women being hit by men right"

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
there's a beautiful hint of irony in the overall picture, though

the only reason people cared this year was because of the hopes that things would change. shane lost, nothing changed, so they just chanted all the reasons NXT is cool and different instead

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

god's not dead 2: the regoddening

god's not dead 2: electric boogaloo

god's not dead 2: left4dead

god's not dead 2: back in action

god's not dead 2: battle in egypt

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is there something that can break down what is actually happening in wrestling, because I can't find anything by just googling wrestlemania.

Bazkip

Smash Master
A lot of people are trying to look really strong and eventually one of them looks the strongest and becomes king of all of wrestling

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Is there something that can break down what is actually happening in wrestling, because I can't find anything by just googling wrestlemania.
  1. Wrestling used to be somewhat real
  2. It had a lot of legit rivalry
  3. ****ING CACTUS JACK VS UNDERTAKER!!
  4. It's all the same formula when it comes to the winners of matches. At some point you can start to see it yourself like any sane person.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hold everything.

I posted something about me literally watching anime for 8 hours straight and nobody called me a nerd or a weeb, I'm disappointed.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Isn't wrestling supposed to be real enough that kids can enjoy WWE as a fantastical but basically real sport entertainment?
Doesn't the sock puppet cross the line?

Just. WHAT IS THE SOCK PUPPET ORIGIN STORY?
There's legit magic in WWE. I don't think it's ever supposed to have resembled being "real"

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Isn't wrestling supposed to be real enough that kids can enjoy WWE as a fantastical but basically real sport entertainment?
Doesn't the sock puppet cross the line?

Just. WHAT IS THE SOCK PUPPET ORIGIN STORY?
The only person i even remember using a sock puppet was Mankind. This is something else. Possibly less entertaining than Mankind.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I just watched a video where he acknowledged that it is just his hand dressed as a puppet.
Honestly this stuff is pretty good. Even if it is predictable, there are just priceless moments.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I'm going to be taking some teaching and education courses, and I'm hella nervous. Not because of difficulty, but because I feel like this is some weird point in my life. I have grants so I won't be in any more debt as a result, but do I really want another degree, or to put myself through more schooling?

Man, do I really want to resign myself to being in more academia? Wasn't my goal to start working on something cool as heck in the industry? I don't even know anymore, adulting is dumb and hard and I have no answers to anything.

At the same time, I enjoy teaching kiddos the way stuff works and how to think and who am I to deny my inner desire to indoctrinate the young 'uns?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The Good: Roman going over and looking really really strong.
The Bad: The future Mrs. Belnades was denied victory at the cheating hands of Charlotte.
The Wonderful: Zack Ryder getting his Wrestlemania spotlight and winning the title.

But what was so bad about Wrestlemaina?
What went down at the main event?
Real talk
Roman Reigns is the handpicked wrestler by Vince McMahon to succeed Cena as the top star of the company. They're doing this by pushing him on to the top spot like having him win the Royal Rumble last year, having him booked really strong, have the commentators and others in the business (Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman for starters) tell you how amazing he is and compared to other greats, and has main evented at two Wrestlemanias despite having less than 5 years in the business. People didn't like the main event because it was a given that Roman was going over as the winner. Vince McMahon is stubborn in his ways. People like Dean Ambrose and wanted him to be in the main event but that was denied. The guy's also stale. He has no charisma, he's very bland in his moveset, he can't sell a promo very well, and his character is a water down PG version of Stone Cold (badass rebelling against the authority). This was also made worse because in the Shane McMahon vs Undertaker match, Undertaker won which means storylinewise, nothing changes. TLDR: People are upset about the main event because WWE performed its biggest shoving down of Roman Reigns, the handpicked chosen one of Vince, to the fans at the biggest show in wrestling, Wrestlemania

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
The Good: Roman going over and looking really really strong.
The Bad: The future Mrs. Belnades was denied victory at the cheating hands of Charlotte.
The Wonderful: Zack Ryder getting his Wrestlemania spotlight and winning the title.

Real talk
Roman Reigns is the handpicked wrestler by Vince McMahon to succeed Cena as the top star of the company. They're doing this by pushing him on to the top spot like having him win the Royal Rumble last year, having him booked really strong, have the commentators and others in the business (Daniel Bryan and Paul Heyman for starters) tell you how amazing he is and compared to other greats, and has main evented at two Wrestlemanias despite having less than 5 years in the business. People didn't like the main event because it was a given that Roman was going over as the winner. Vince McMahon is stubborn in his ways. People like Dean Ambrose and wanted him to be in the main event but that was denied. The guy's also stale. He has no charisma, he's very bland in his moveset, he can't sell a promo very well, and his character is a water down PG version of Stone Cold (badass rebelling against the authority). This was also made worse because in the Shane McMahon vs Undertaker match, Undertaker won which means storylinewise, nothing changes. TLDR: People are upset about the main event because WWE performed its biggest shoving down of Roman Reigns, the handpicked chosen one of Vince, to the fans at the biggest show in wrestling, Wrestlemania

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So I got to bronze league in SFV with Ryu and I figured since I clearly have some grasp of the game, I'll move on to Karin and just lab the **** out with her. Get into my first casual match with her, and I'm thinking, I'm totes gonna still be fighting rookies. Nope, fighting super bronze now. My Karin is not good enough for that. It's probably better for me though, was still able to get a round off someone so I guess it ain't too bad.

Anyways, I'll just be grinding it out and figure out a way to go to CEO where I'll hopefully not get 2-0'd.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
There's legit magic in WWE. I don't think it's ever supposed to have resembled being "real"
one of the biggest draws pro wrestling has ever had is a man who has died multiple times so he can come back from the dead. he had a manager named paul bearer, because puns.

the issue is really that WWE still desperately wants you to think it's realistic on top of that, but then you still have a guy who CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING????? this is why lucha underground is so great, it's about as silly (the big bad monster has, canonically, murdered other wrestlers by eating their goddamn faces off) but it's all-in with no shame, it's consistently absurd

e: actually re: socko: that's honestly pretty legit as a finisher when you know the origin. straight outta wiki:

The mandible claw is a maneuver which, when applied correctly against an individual, is purported to cause intense, legitimate pain. The hold is applied when the aggressor places his middle and ring fingers into the opponent's mouth, sliding them under the tongue and jabbing into the soft tissue found at the bottom of the mouth. The thumb (and sometimes palm) of the same hand is placed under the jaw, and pressure is applied downward by the middle and ring fingers while the thumb/palm forces the jaw upwards, which is purported to compress the nerves in the jaw and thus render the opponent's jaw paralyzed; this, therefore, prevents the opponent from breaking the hold by biting the wrestler's fingers, as Mick Foley explained to Vince McMahon when questioned about it during his interviews prior to joining the WWF in 1996.
1996-97 mick foley was godlike as a horror concept, 98-00 mick foley was godlike but in a dark comedy sense, ergo he does that claw but also with a sock shoved down there, why not

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hold everything.

I posted something about me literally watching anime for 8 hours straight and nobody called me a nerd or a weeb, I'm disappointed.
****ing jabroni jobbin nerd weeb.

RIP The Dream. Woo woo woo.

one of the biggest draws pro wrestling has ever had is a man who has died multiple times so he can come back from the dead. he had a manager named paul bearer, because puns.

the issue is really that WWE still desperately wants you to think it's realistic on top of that, but then you still have a guy who CAN SHOOT LIGHTNING????? this is why lucha underground is so great, it's about as silly (the big bad monster has, canonically, murdered other wrestlers by eating their goddamn faces off) but it's all-in with no shame, it's consistently absurd

e: actually re: socko: that's honestly pretty legit as a finisher when you know the origin. straight outta wiki:

1996-97 mick foley was godlike as a horror concept, 98-00 mick foley was godlike but in a dark comedy sense, ergo he does that claw but also with a sock shoved down there, why not
LU has an actual dragon who fights as a luchador:

LU: 1
WWE: 0

....But then again, WWE has Roman Reigns AND John Cena. LU: 1, WWE: 100

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
so basically the only point of the zack ryder thing was so they could absolutely make sure the title was de-elevated in such a way that miz could get it again?

or in other words: there's no point to having it be built up in the past year. thx WWE

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
so basically the only point of the zack ryder thing was so they could absolutely make sure the title was de-elevated in such a way that miz could get it again?

or in other words: there's no point to having it be built up in the past year. thx WWE
I didn't think they would pull that off tonight but that was giving them too much credit. Guess I gotta waiting four more years for Zack to get another shot at the title.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet

woooaaaaahhh

For anyone who doesn't know, pannenkoek2012 is the guy who made this video:

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
IIRC decent melee player who gets by without using "advanced" tech like WDing and **** that most comp players do these days

Edit: Here's an old compilation of what he does

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Spain bans Bayonetta
Taken from a vote of 130 players in the Spanish smash community.
80% voted ban
13% was unsure
7% voted no ban
CfUABHvW8AAai8l.png

as noted in the above picture, a bayo took the spain national which seemed to call forth this.
Bayonetta has had very solid results in tournies. putting in high places and even winning some.
It's been about two months since her release.

tell me your thoughts on this PMS.

also
>sm4sh
>relevant

Top Bottom