• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I sold my MTG collection 4 yrs ago and have still never had a desire to get back into it. Although I'm a bit miffed that 4 cards I had playsets of nearly doubled in price. I'm pretty content not playing or spending that much money on a card game where skill can only take you so far and RNG determines outcomes more often than I'd like.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Tbh it's less about the RNG for me and more about having the deep pockets in order to keep up with the meta. The one thing I hate about trading card games is the economy that crops up around it. Everything gets so damn expensive.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
That's why I play legacy cardpool casual : p

I just buy the singles I need and slowly work my decks up and then hit up prereleases when I have time to spare. I've mostly got my decks figured out now (making five monocolor decks that are roughly balanced around each other) and am working on pulling the cards for them together over time. Got my black deck finished 100%, green is next closest.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
See, I'd do that if places would actually host non-standard/legacy games. Would also do it with friends, but I'm kinda short on them at the moment considering I moved away and all. I used to scrim old-time decks with them all the time for funsies.

There's an 'in' crowd for that kinda thing up here, thankfully. I just need to start ****ing working and get a damn car.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I watched Grave of the Fireflies, the entire Madoka Magica anime including the movie and the first episodes of a few shows this season all in one night. I think I might die right now but it was worth it. (Not really, I cried a lot.)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I officially quit smash after thinking about it at the local tournament today. I'm moving on to street fighter. I gave my cubes and discs away to the local players and gave a cube and disc to Zelgadis.
damn homie well as long as you enjoy it and have fun with the game. Also people say they quit then come back not too long after that so i give it time to let it sink in.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Some IC's player named Infinite Numbers just beat DJ Nintendo, Alex19, and mother****ing MacD to make it to top 32 of Pound loooool

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I mean I play hearthstone (haven't spent any money) and even with the really rng heavy sets in play I can identify why I lose for deck construction and play reasons. If bad draw is a problem I need more card draw to mitigate randomness in the deck.
But in mtg the decks are huge so I can see why that's a problem more often. Every draw the chance for drawing the card I need next turn increases a lot more than in mtg.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I mean I play hearthstone (haven't spent any money) and even with the really rng heavy sets in play I can identify why I lose for deck construction and play reasons. If bad draw is a problem I need more card draw to mitigate randomness in the deck.
But in mtg the decks are huge so I can see why that's a problem more often. Every draw the chance for drawing the card I need next turn increases a lot more than in mtg.
huh? how big are the hearthstone decks?
Just wanted to point out that 50 card decks are usually optimal---that's not too bad.

Smooth Criminal
60 is the minimum for everything not limited or edh, tho...

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Put a load of clothes in the washing machine with two of the three dryers with ~5mins left

As of the time my load of laundry was done (30mins later), the people using the two dryers have not yet come back to pick up their clothes (or ONE bedsheet, as it seems??) and someone is now using the last dryer. Now my clothes are soaking wet and I've no idea how long I'll have to wait to put them in the dryer.

One of the few downsides of living in a communal space is living in a communal space.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Put a load of clothes in the washing machine with two of the three dryers with ~5mins left

As of the time my load of laundry was done (30mins later), the people using the two dryers have not yet come back to pick up their clothes (or ONE bedsheet, as it seems??) and someone is now using the last dryer. Now my clothes are soaking wet and I've no idea how long I'll have to wait to put them in the dryer.

One of the few downsides of living in a communal space is living in a communal space.
When I lived in the dorms I used to just take their stuff out and put mine in, then fold it nicely for them.

But I also did others people's laundry kinda often so maybe I'm just weird

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I don't want to take someone's stuff out then have them walk in on me

Sounds like a difficult situation to explain

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Reactionary: The idea of spoilers is already puzzling enough for me, I find the idea of spoiler warnings on discussions of smash tournament results laughable. Some people worry way too much about -how- they enjoy their entertainment in my opinion.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Reactionary: The idea of spoilers is already puzzling enough for me, I find the idea of spoiler warnings on discussions of smash tournament results laughable. Some people worry way too much about -how- they enjoy their entertainment in my opinion.
Hax killed Dumbledore

Helsong

Smash Ace
Plup nooo :(

His expressions were pretty much "I'm so ****ing done with Fox"
Kinda like Laudandus's expression every time S2J kneed him.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Hax ****ing money

Top Bottom