• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Oh you don't have to tell me about undertale
in fact undertale has the frog at the beginning who talks about skipping through his dialogue, I wonder if that inspired that vine at all
regardless it's funnier in the situation in that vine
and tbh I could go for another game with that kind of feel to it, dunno how to describe it, I guess just another RPG that doesn't take itself too seriously

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
One thing that sucks about FF6 is the random encounters.

I'm trying to get somewhere and I get antifunned every 3 steps. Like I can beat them really easily it's just whyyy

Running away isn't even really viable and teleport takes a while tooo

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings

I'm trying to get somewhere and I get antifunned every 3 steps. Like I can beat them really easily it's just whyyy

That's not how you spell FF4

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.

Molulu's charm.

You're welcome.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I feel that that's a relic and I felt like that was a thing but I haven't found ittttt

Also I accidentally jumped into a set of mountains and I can't teleport out. I may have screwed myself.

Terra is still being family man and Relma is sleepy butt.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh you don't have to tell me about undertale
in fact undertale has the frog at the beginning who talks about skipping through his dialogue, I wonder if that inspired that vine at all
regardless it's funnier in the situation in that vine
Well with Undertale and "skipping dialogue", most people probably think less of the frog and more of sans.

Though he's pretty chill about it, all things considered.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
went to a hipster cafe to watch slam poetry

first thing that happened: dude on stage tried to explain how NA ground is conflicted lands owned by aboriginal ppl and forcefully colonized, random ppl in the front row who didn't realize what that meant started cheering and clapping

wtf is this city
I mean that's like not entirely true but like it's basically close enough

native american lands are forcefully occupied/colonized and the constitutional law relating to native american land claims actually just draws on the british colonial doctrine of the superiority of Christianity

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I fear something dark and saddening is aproaching my way...I'm scared...
dude same here, my throat was a little sore this morning and i really hope it doesn't turn into a cold that lasts forever like it usually does

went to a hipster cafe to watch slam poetry

first thing that happened: dude on stage tried to explain how NA ground is conflicted lands owned by aboriginal ppl and forcefully colonized, random ppl in the front row who didn't realize what that meant started cheering and clapping

wtf is this city
that's pretty ignorant of them. everyone knows you're supposed to snap at those things

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
No voting for my scrub ***. My driver's license was super expired and I didn't know it at all : /
Can't you vote with another ID plus a letter from a federal institute with your address visible?

I voted with my health insurance card + bank account statement last year lmfao

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
undertale doesn't "break" the fourth wall so much as the fourth wall in-game looks exactly the same as it does to the player (menus actually exist in the game world,. for example). there's a lot of neat stuff made more interesting by the game not giving away so much info that you can 100% nail a theory, it's fun

also, good morning thread

There is nothing to be gained from regulating fictional sexual violence. However, while you’re trying to fix the rights of fictional characters, you’re leaving the human rights of real women in the real world left to rot. As well, in Japan, the entire reason we have a media genre such as manga that developed to take on themes such as the sexual exploitation of women came from an attitude to tolerate “drinking the pure and the dirty without prejudice.” It’s because we had the freedom to express our views and with that to express the view of a world of humans that live and die, that there are pure and wonderful things and dirty and nasty things mixed with each other.
this is a REALLY GOOD READ

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Well with Undertale and "skipping dialogue", most people probably think less of the frog and more of sans.

Though he's pretty chill about it, all things considered.
I wasn't aware that happened by trying to skip his dialogue, I thought it was just something he did to try to surprise once you get used to the attack the first couple times

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Can't you vote with another ID plus a letter from a federal institute with your address visible?

I voted with my health insurance card + bank account statement last year lmfao
Not in Texas, lulz. Need a government issued picture ID, so not even a student ID works. Even the voter ID card they mail you isn't enough.

Gotta stop all those scary unsubstantiated accounts of voter fraud, lawlz

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Who wants to host a Surf's Up movie night?

I'll bring the beer and pretzels.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
A bunch of previews for Dark Souls 3 came out. It's taking so much of my self-control not to spoil the game for myself. The end of this month can't come fast enough, praying to the sun for a decent PC port. Never got to play Bloodborne, and DkS2 wasn't quite as fun as DkS1(though still good), so anticipation is just eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Not in Texas, lulz. Need a government issued picture ID, so not even a student ID works. Even the voter ID card they mail you isn't enough.

Gotta stop all those scary unsubstantiated accounts of voter fraud, lawlz
It's complete BS. The only thing voter ID prevents is voter impersonation, which is a pretty stupid thing to do to begin with considering you have to stand in line at a polling place and risk 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, all to cast one likely inconsequential vote. It's right up there with forging coupons in terms of pointless crimes - all risk for very little reward.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
undertale doesn't "break" the fourth wall so much as the fourth wall in-game looks exactly the same as it does to the player (menus actually exist in the game world,. for example). there's a lot of neat stuff made more interesting by the game not giving away so much info that you can 100% nail a theory, it's fun

also, good morning thread

this is a REALLY GOOD READ
Good googly-moogly, the UN just got

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hey pms, I main Icies now

this is all you need to do right

I'm liking for the picture.

It's complete BS. The only thing voter ID prevents is voter impersonation, which is a pretty stupid thing to do to begin with considering you have to stand in line at a polling place and risk 5 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, all to cast one likely inconsequential vote. It's right up there with forging coupons in terms of pointless crimes - all risk for very little reward.
Well, in theory, ballot box stuffing, as it were, is a fairly potent crime. However it would need to be done en masse and would be better performed behind the scenes.

Hence, all the unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud. I think even nationally, all confirmed cases amount to well less than the margin of error, much less the margin of victory.

Way less of an impact than basically blatant gerrymandering that's been going on...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I wasn't aware that happened by trying to skip his dialogue, I thought it was just something he did to try to surprise once you get used to the attack the first couple times
Oh it's two different scenarios entirely for that. If it's after you've lost against him a few times, he does the attack right after he says "On days like this, kids like you..." without saying the infamous next line and just lets the attack out and after you survive, he just shrugs and says "Here we go." and the fight starts.

Here, if you try to skip his dialogue on your first few tries in fighting him, then he'll just cut in almost immediately or at about the point he did in the vid before picking up with "Anyway, as I was saying" and such.

The thing I like is what how he reacts when you go fight him again right after you've killed him a couple of times or so by reloading your save.

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
A bunch of previews for Dark Souls 3 came out. It's taking so much of my self-control not to spoil the game for myself. The end of this month can't come fast enough, praying to the sun for a decent PC port. Never got to play Bloodborne, and DkS2 wasn't quite as fun as DkS1(though still good), so anticipation is just eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
stay strong

stay helstrong

Bazkip

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm no expert but this kind of doesn't sound like a real thing?

Edit: Oh nvm

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
rip zero

Also I'm getting a bit of a bad vibe from Shots Fired. Most of me wants it to be a great tournament and stuff, but there's a part of me that wants to see it turn into an utter ****show with all this MVG stuff.

Bazkip

Smash Master
At first I thought his tweets was making up a bull**** excuse to not go cause MVG is sketchy but he didn't want to offend M2K so Zero was thinking "Yeah he'll believe this".

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
stay strong
THAT'S MY GIMMICK BROTHER.

rip zero

Also I'm getting a bit of a bad vibe from Shots Fired. Most of me wants it to be a great tournament and stuff, but there's a part of me that wants to see it turn into an utter ****show with all this MVG stuff.
At first I thought his tweets was making up a bull**** excuse to not go cause MVG is sketchy but he didn't want to offend M2K so Zero was thinking "Yeah he'll believe this".
What do you guys mean by sketchy/bad vibe? I remember Sandstorm but has MVG been fudging stuff up lately?

Top Bottom