• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Winning the overall tournament doesn't make his previous actions acceptable. I feel like that is fairly obvious, but a lot of the things I feel are way off-base, so, take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
at the end of the day members of the fgc are still members of the fgc

but I'm mainly just excited because the landscape of marvel has changed and kbr is probably the person who sits atop it at the moment

and I'm happy because team big bodies is somehow dominant
(aside from the fact that there were 4 mag/doom/phoenix teams in top 8, but they all lost to each other or to a red hulk that was just rawdogging it)

D

Deleted member

writing these English essays have me feeling like zZzzzzZZzzzzz

i'm not gonna be finished until 1 AM, and I have school and work tomorrow, this is fuggin lame

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
writing these English essays have me feeling like zZzzzzZZzzzzz

i'm not gonna be finished until 1 AM, and I have school and work tomorrow, this is fuggin lame
The correct way to write essays is to regurgitate the literary elements the instructor identified and add a bunch of meaningful quotes that give the impression that you know exactly what you are talking about.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I mean theres a reason I've been rocking the "Kbr?" tag for a few months now

the man just plays to his characters strengths and blows through bad MUs. Takes risks, makes reads, just marvel.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
For a weeb you suck at being one.
Ah ****, I've been away from this thread too long. Who is u?

Edit: Sorry about being absent so long in the first place. I've just got relatively adapted to my college schedule.

@Scotch98' : I just assume that there is no end to the essays. Doing so allows me to stew in my pain without the distraction that comes with hopes and dreams. STAYIN' POSITIVE FAM!

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Were there any Zero May Cry or ChrisG-style Morri/Doom teams? Because, tbh, that's the **** right there that was threatening at UMvC3's peak. I feel like Mags/Doom/Phoenix is like, an outmodded comp compared to those (unless you're FChamp).

Smooth Criminal
aside from all of those phoenix teams, only flux was running zero may cry and he got 7th (the same place as a deadpool team lmao)

also shoutout to unkn0wn with the viper at 5th
and broshadian with the spider-man may cry team? at 9th

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
So zero may cry isn't the most meta op team anymore?
zero may cry is good and I think that zero is still considered the best character in the game

but it's not nearly as dominant as it was and I don't think it ever was as dominant as chrisg himself was with morridoom

also zmc does have odd counters that really mess with it, like when cloud805 lost to a mexican rocket raccoon team

also this godlike game is cloud losing to a phoenix wright which should tell you all you need to know about how great this match is

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
kane's team also happens to be incredibly anti-metagame, since a lot of teams like justin wong's are built around just barely getting a kill, and hulk/haggar/sentinel is 3.3 million HP total, so he gets more opportunities to do stuff

likewise, this means that more than likely the best response is team nemo, since that's king of touch-of-death... and there's going to be a canada cup series in the coming months that has both KBR and nemo. if the stars align, marvel's getting interesting

D

Deleted member

tfw you just finished all 9 of these English essays and it's 1:26 AM

tfw you're so ****ing happy that this garbage is finished

tfw you forgot you still had homework for three other subjects due on Monday

_Chrome

Smash Ace
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick and tired of Undertale music on stages. I never liked it in the first place, but now it's just intolerable.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick and tired of Undertale music on stages. I never liked it in the first place, but now it's just intolerable.
Let's be fair, most songs people put on stages are lame. They're typically bad remixes of video game/anime music, and it doesn't help that they never fit. Why is Final Fantasy music playing on the Animal Crossing stage? Why is there Touhou on Pokemon? If you're going to put music from completely unrelated games at least make sure they fit properly.

Bleck

Smash Master
do you play Arthur or something bb
hell yes

Let's be fair, most songs people put on stages are lame. They're typically bad remixes of video game/anime music, and it doesn't help that they never fit. Why is Final Fantasy music playing on the Animal Crossing stage? Why is there Touhou on Pokemon? If you're going to put music from completely unrelated games at least make sure they fit properly.
yeah this basically

I love Undertale but I don't need to hear your bull**** dubstep remix of Spider Dance or whatever on ****in' WarioWare

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
hell yes

yeah this basically

I love Undertale but I don't need to hear your bull**** dubstep remix of Spider Dance or whatever on ****in' WarioWare
>Dubstep remix

Those are always the worst. "If I play the original song through a trash compactor for 55 seconds then immediately go to wubs that sound nothing like the original, it's a remix right?!" **** you, no. It's a ****ty remix and you should feel bad.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Good and fit for fighting music from stages franchise > Good and fit for fighting music not from stages franchise > Good and chill music from stages franchise > Good and chill music not from stages franchise.

Some exceptions here and there, but I don't choose music to celebrate nintendo's franchises music. I'm making a song list with music that the people that I commonly play with can all enjoy playing the game to.

Expect Rashid's theme on battlefield if you ever play with me in person.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
**** that i ain't no ninty fanboy i should put a bunch of hella songs in

this song would be sick on damn near any stage

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Good and fit for fighting music from stages franchise > Good and fit for fighting music not from stages franchise > Good and chill music from stages franchise > Good and chill music not from stages franchise.

Some exceptions here and there, but I don't choose music to celebrate nintendo's franchises music. I'm making a song list with music that the people that I commonly play with can all enjoy playing the game to.

Expect Rashid's theme on battlefield if you ever play with me in person.
I mean that's fine. Do what you wanna do, it's your music pack. It's just putting One Winged Angel on the Pikmin stage is so out of place imo. If you want to put music from franchises not represented in the game or from Nintendo, then pick one that fits the general theme of the stage or captures the idea of the franchise. I use Jet Set Radio music on Green Hill because it fits well with Sonic.

Rashid's theme is dope on any stage. But that's because character themes are supposed to be dope on any stage because they're not tied to a stage. I can't think of a stage Karin's theme can't fit on.

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Ah ****, I've been away from this thread too long. Who is u?

Edit: Sorry about being absent so long in the first place. I've just got relatively adapted to my college schedule.

@Scotch98' : I just assume that there is no end to the essays. Doing so allows me to stew in my pain without the distraction that comes with hopes and dreams. STAYIN' POSITIVE FAM!
Im more or less from the tier list thread but I wasn't very active in taking part there either mostly just lurk and pick on certain nerds.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Im more or less from the tier list thread but I wasn't very active in taking part there either mostly just lurk and pick on certain nerds.
>Picks on nerds
>Has a weeb avatar
>Takes a game about Pikachu punching Kirby seriously enough to lurk tier lists about it.

What ever helps you sleep at night.

Oh! And your waifu is ****

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Of course I play Dota when hype **** is happening.

Disney can you please let Capcom make MvC4? I assure you it'll be better than that steaming turd you made for mobile. (I'm not actually sure if it's bad, but it's not MAHVEL)

Player -0

Smash Hero
Well FF6 is good so far.

I'm not sure if I left Shadow for funzies on the continent by accident so I might feel bad for that.

I just saw Setzer's past with him chilling on suicide cliff (Celes why you do dis) and we hugged Falcon and flew into the distance.

Also you can't use Runic or the 2 hand relic on the Ultima weapon so that's lame.

I think I was going to say something else but forgetfulness.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Well FF6 is good so far.

I'm not sure if I left Shadow for funzies on the continent by accident so I might feel bad for that.

I just saw Setzer's past with him chilling on suicide cliff (Celes why you do dis) and we hugged Falcon and flew into the distance.

Also you can't use Runic or the 2 hand relic on the Ultima weapon so that's lame.

I think I was going to say something else but forgetfulness.
Don't worry about Ultima until you're like... end-game/post-game, it scales really really hard off of your character's level so it just sucks when you first get it anyway.

Any idea of which one you want to play next?

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'm quite a bit past first getting it. Just realized it was the reason Celes' runic was greyed out.

Which is super lame.

Ultima fight music and stuff was super cool. Good thing Cyan is like, broken.

Also the water of the world after the happening looks pretty.

Edit - The theatre music playing while Celes had moment was super feelsy too.

THIS GAME HURTS MUH FEELS

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
don't put One Winged Angel anywhere near my ears thank you
but slam jams.

on that note, i miss final slamstination, but i don't really feel like going and trying to balance audio tracks out, since brawl has wonky volume values for all their stages. i think that's the main reason i don't bother with custom music anymore.

but spanish fly for main menu theme again...

D

Deleted member

I just scored a 13 on my Algebra test, literally a 13 on simple ****ing Algebra

bleh

Top Bottom