• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Bleck

Smash Master
no, they will ruin it and make it just pointless gags and stupidness, but without the clever jokes directed towards the adults.
I'm not sure what cartoons you've been watching but this has basically been the case with every cartoon for the past thirty years

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That is not the best Austin gameplay I've ever seen. You all haven't seen the triple spike on the same stock/edgeguard.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
IC players in PM are rare as a golden needle in a haystack. Couldn't think of a better analogy example.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Looking for PM IC's players is basically looking for the person who wants to use Wild Bear crap instead of a GC controller to play Smash. You'll beyond 90% believe that they are totally unaware of the fact that Smash is being played, and you can't fathom that they would make such a terrible choice consciously.

Sorry IC's players, but the char is weird now. GL

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wish IC's neutral-b was something you could temporarily, like a charged smash, hold so that when you desynch you had more freedom when moving around and thus had more offensive and edge-guard options.

Hylian is probably going to yell at me for saying this.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Mango wanted to main ICs before Melee came out since he liked the concept of playing two characters at once, but once it did he didn't like them and did Mario (like Dr.PP did too?) and then the King combo video made him go to puff

They can autocancel all their aerials in a SH in PM now, don't know if they could in Melee (due to the gravity inducing bah blah read my past posts)

I only played ICies early on in Melee when my good Falco friend was able to get goofed by CC smash attacks

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I'm not sure what cartoons you've been watching but this has basically been the case with every cartoon for the past thirty years
Wrong.
...Are you high?
No 'gags' here.

@ Warsaint777 Warsaint777 Probably their most recent album thing. A lot of exploitable visuals and stuff in the music vids. lol

To demonstrate!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
What I mean is Cartoon network will just turn it into what they did with Teen Titan's: GO, and they little bit of the Powerpuff Girls Reboot they showed earlier this spring.

D

Deleted member

There's a difference between "animated" and "a cartoon"!
Animation is when static images are rapidly displayed to create the illusion of motion. It doesn't necessarily have to be drawings.

Cartoons are stylized, i.e. non-realistic, drawings. They don't necessarily have to be moving.

Combine them and you get an animated cartoon like that Superman video.

Last edited by a moderator:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
can we keep the amount of embedded images and vids down a bit? not every response needs one and my comp is ****
I'll spoiler the big ones I use from now on.

Get on a higher level, tech scrub.
༼ຈل͜ຈ༽b

no it's generally agreed that cartoons are humorous animations
Why are you even bringing this up?
Just labels, really, let's NOT nitpick about terminology/be Those Guys™.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

no it's generally agreed that cartoons are humorous animations
Many times they are humorous but they don't have to be. Example - the Superman video. Another way to think of it is that you could theoretically take Micky Mouse and draw him in a very serious, intense situation with no humor or satire at all. He would still be a cartoon.

And they do not have to be animated. You could draw a single picture and call it a cartoon.

We call what we see on TV "cartoons" just for the sake of simplicity, but those are technically animated cartoons.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
can we keep the amount of embedded images and vids down a bit? not every response needs one and my comp is ****
Same with my phone. Me and Strong Bad need that Tapatalk, people spend enough time watchin ads on the comp we need decent access on the go

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
They're called "cartoons" because drive-in movie theatres back in the 1930s-50s let you listen to "Merry Melodies" and "Looney Tunes" in your car during intermissions between movies. Car tunes.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Man, I just got back from a Smashfest and I can't believe my performance. On Sunday, I had two people come over for about 5 hours and I was patient, calculative, making smart decisions, and landing sweet combos/punshies. Today, I attended a Smashfest with the same people and my regular playgroup for 7 hours but I did so poorly for some reason; I was the exact opposite from Sunday beside the last part, but even then the combos/punishes were either sloppy or barely non-existent.

The one guy in my playgroup switched back to his old main Lucario, and he crouch cancels every opportunity he gets. As Lucas, I try to magnet, grab, and freeze him but I kept dropping my magnet follow ups and he read my grabs, usually leading me to getting comboed or getting hit by a Smash attack. He Down-Bs back and forth while hitting me between each one and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. I was practicing some basic shield pressure/punishment the night before but never once employed it.

I was actually getting legit salty at everything listed in the above paragraph, and I never get legit salty, but I was able to translate it into laughing and humor which is a good; I hate it when I have a sour attitude and this was the closest I've come so far. I was doing the salty runback after I lost just a stock lol.

You know how after you take a mentally demanding state test, your brain feels really boggled and stressed? That's what I started feeling towards the end of the night and continue to feel right now. It sucks, I need to find out how to beat my friend's crouch-cancel heavy, dodge-filled style.

Last edited:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
GRAB HIM

That's my answer for like everything but I play Marth. Results may vary with jank like Lucas

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
They're called "cartoons" because drive-in movie theatres back in the 1930s-50s let you listen to "Merry Melodies" and "Looney Tunes" in your car during intermissions between movies. Car tunes.

Edit:
Awful, lazy responses that add nothing to discussion?

Yeah, generally discouraged.
Ah,he,haaa-
wait you're wrong, so was that a joke? good joke then.. now I ruined it maybe
cartoon (from the Italian "cartone" and Dutch word "karton", meaning strong, heavy paper or pasteboard) is a full-size drawing made on sturdy paper as a study ormodello for a painting, stained glass or tapestry.
-haaaaaaa:lol:

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Awful, lazy responses that add nothing to discussion?

Yeah, generally discouraged.
I still think that one moment where I caught SixSaw on a screenshot saying he wanted to *** in Puff on the ROM 7 stream added a bit to the conversation.

Top Bottom