• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is the exact same argument that I always use for why Marth is a boring designed character. It doesn't matter if he looks "stylish" while doing it, from a flavor perspective he's incredibly bland. Every one of his moves is just "swing sword in that direction".
From my flavor perspective, Marth is plenty interesting. His stylish flair is all he needs, honestly.

Compared to Roy, however, he doesn't look like much at all anymore. XD

zman804

Smash Ace
V3ctorman's salt over Calabrel's Lucas is too ****ing funny.

"What? I parried that sh*t! Stupid @ss character."

"What the f*ck is happening?! You're canceling into all this sh*t, man, f*ck this game!"

"The f*ck, he got a f*cking Mewtwo up-throw? This is some bullsh*t!"

"Eat my eggs, f*cker. F*ck this character man."

"What the fu--?!! Fix that sh*t. PM Back Team. Fix that sh*t immediately. Or back room, whatever the f*ck they're called."
ONE MORE SET MAN

TreK

Is "that guy"
This is the exact same argument that I always use for why Marth is a boring designed character. It doesn't matter if he looks "stylish" while doing it, from a flavor perspective he's incredibly bland. Every one of his moves is just "swing sword in that direction".
That's why they added two years of hitlag on tippers in Brawl. Imo, Brawl's Marth looks better.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo something they could do with Olimar is somewhat like they did with Fat Princess in Playstation Allstars (lol that game tho), make his special moves 'summons' where Olimar doesnt have any lag (maybe a quick command animation or something) then the Pikmin goes on doing whatever told to do for the next 5 or so seconds while Olimar can still move and attack freely.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Imo something they could do with Olimar is somewhat like they did with Fat Princess in Playstation Allstars (lol that game tho), make his special moves 'summons' where Olimar doesnt have any lag (maybe a quick command animation or something) then the Pikmin goes on doing whatever told to do for the next 5 or so seconds while Olimar can still move and attack freely.
That sounds like a coding nightmare lol

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thanks for watching me get destroyed everyone... It was fun playing P.M for the first time.. ever... Hopefully it won't be my last... Thanks for watching, and I'll do my best to try and do better, and adapt to the game.... Most (including myself) were worried, that I wouldn't like the game... but for the most part, it's very fun/addictive...

Please sorry on all my cursing, I don't ACTUALLY mean any of it... kinda just the hype/enjoyment of the moment... again it was my first time EVER.. really playing it.. so... haha.. ummmm

thanks everyone <3

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
a long time ago before taj278 was a known player, i was considered the best mewtwo player in the world

in 2007 i intentionally quit playing the character for being too bad/frustrating. as a melee zelda main, i quit mewtwo because i thought he sucked.

last night i played mewtwo for the first time in 6 years, 10 months, and it just CLICKED. it was straight up freaky.

good job PMBR. i have no fucking idea what you did, but reputation +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Now I've never been known as a good any smash game player, but I feel like I have to say some similar words about Roy right now.

I loved Link in ssb64. I still do. I knew he wasn't that good, but it just felt right to play a character with a sword in hand. I've tried every iteration of Link and every other sword-based character...except Roy. I've never bothered trying Roy in Melee, but now I think I might have to. Anyway, none of those characters did it for me, something held me back from wanting to stick with them.

I honestly wasn't expecting to love this character as much as I now do. I thought he'd be a fun secondary, or at least a char I could mess around with for a while before dropping. Now I think I might have found myself a new main. I cannot find anything except the most miniscule of complaints about this character.

good job PMBR. i have no fucking idea what you did, but reputation +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Thanks for watching me get destroyed everyone... It was fun playing P.M for the first time.. ever... Hopefully it won't be my last... Thanks for watching, and I'll do my best to try and do better, and adapt to the game.... Most (including myself) were worried, that I wouldn't like the game... but for the most part, it's very fun/addictive...

Please sorry on all my cursing, I don't ACTUALLY mean any of it... kinda just the hype/enjoyment of the moment... again it was my first time EVER.. really playing it.. so... haha.. ummmm

thanks everyone <3
don't worry, by the end of the stream it was clear you were enjoying yourself

"last game"
"wait i can up smash oos??? three more games"

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703

thanks everyone <3

Hahaha, that was so awesome! I've always enjoyed watching your Yoshi, so seeing you getting to try him out in PM was really cool. =D

iLink

Smash Champion
How do I get the training room to stop showing up on random? I'm 100% sure I only have the bottom row of stages on random select and it keeps coming up on random anyway.

Phantasmagorical

Smash Cadet
How do I get the training room to stop showing up on random? I'm 100% sure I only have the bottom row of stages on random select and it keeps coming up on random anyway.
A PMBR member said something about it in the 3.0 release thread. You have to go to random stage select and hit the buttons to turn off all the stages, then turn them back on again. However, you'll never be able to put the training stage back on random select, so if you think you might ever want it to be randomly selectable, you'll have to deal with it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

thanks everyone <3
It was hype to see you're Yoshi look better by the end of the night as you figured out more and more of the changes from Melee to PM.
Gave the stream a follow, and I'll definitely be looking forward to watching you stream more. Had a great time watching.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yo Project M money matches confirmed?

>Having Minuscule complaints about Roy.
>In 2k13
>Complaints about Royboy
>2013

I want no complaints by the end of tomorrow.

JOIN THE ROY SIDE.
Join the Roy side, we actually have a good character as well as cookies and red bulls.

D

Deleted member

roy's model is ridiculous.

something does feel a bit off from melee but i can't put my finger on it.

he's also so much better than the difference may just be negligible and it'd be better to just play him like a new character.

but my hands know whats up. years of hand memory is not subdued easily.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really noticed any lag from four player matches with Roy, Mewtwo, or any alts, unless there are like explosions on screen from items? Could this be cause I have an HDTV?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm going to secondary Roy's F-smash, best F-smash in the game probably?

The only nerfs Fox and Falco have gotten were shine invincibility removed and lasering doing less damage the greater the distance they are fired. Their neutral games are still among the best in the cast, along with everything else about them. People complaining about them getting "nerfed", if you could even call it that, are just whining at this point. I hate to use that term, but there's no other word for it, I'm sorry.
In 2.6b they could reverse grab the ledge with a big frame window after side-b, which was reduced in 3.0. Was that mentoned in the changelist? I mean it's not exactly a Melee nerf cus it was a buff from Brawl that was now reduced, I'm just asking. Was it a global change to a lot of different special reverse grab boxes?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm actually kind of salty.... I asked all of you lovely streamviewers to upload my videos yesterday since there were a lot of combos I wanted to see... and I tried to watch the twitch archives just now and nothing is there....

i later realize that I don't have the settings on to save the archives so I fix that today... so many cool combos I'll never get to see you again..:(

maybe I can do it again?

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Birthday Yayy, although since its my little brothers birthday too we agreed that we won't give each other anything and we also agreed we would not recognize each other's birthday but simply the day we get presents or money

Hopefully today i can buy the ****ing 8gb usb to play PM, i feel so left out whenever i go to the PM forum now

everyone "holy **** this is like the greatest ****ing thing in creation, DID U SEE DEM CHANGES---the game is amazing and it feels so silky smooooth"

Me "Yeah totally hehe yeah......yeah......WOW really? you can do that? HA...he......*looks to the sky* WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!"

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm actually kind of salty.... I asked all of you lovely streamviewers to upload my videos yesterday since there were a lot of combos I wanted to see... and I tried to watch the twitch archives just now and nothing is there....

i later realize that I don't have the settings on to save the archives so I fix that today... so many cool combos I'll never get to see you again..:(

maybe I can do it again?
I was mentioning this about a month ago after it did it to me, people have to be warned more somehow. Losing good combos is like having old family photos burn't up in a house fire ='(

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So why isn't there a Brawl Zelda Icon anymore? COme on Smashboards step it up. :zelda2: dont work ****.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman

maybe I can do it again?
Please do it again xD

If you were using XSplit, I believe it saves recordings to your computer in a folder called "XSplit Recordings".

TreK

Is "that guy"
Legit question I've been asking myself ever since I picked up P:M.

Why are shield reflecting and power shielding not the same thing ? When I see a powershield not reflect something, I'm like "so, this is both the right timing, and the wrong timing at the same time". It is very confusing.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I've actually been wondering the same. My bro and I were practicing PS-ing Nikita in 2.6b and I often did perfects instead of reflects.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wii U Compatibility

It's probably been mentioned before, but I got Project M working flawlessly on my Wii U. Granted, one cannot use a gamecube controller on said device.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wii U Compatibility

It's probably been mentioned before, but I got Project M working flawlessly on my Wii U. Granted, one cannot use a gamecube controller on said device.
You can buy a converter thing, JCaesar says it works good

Spire

III
BRoomer
I have a Wii as well, which I play PM on. Just thought I'd mention the Wii U compatibility. However, I may look into this converter as I'd like to transfer all Wii usage to the Wii U. Thanks SpiderMad!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Wii U compatibility isn't anything exactly new. It was always possible because of the Wii mode heavily emulating the functions of a normal Wii, and as such hacks work normally.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Hopefully today i can buy the ****ing 8gb usb to play PM, i feel so left out whenever i go to the PM forum now
I'm not sure if a brawl iso fits on an 8gig, since the iso itself is like 7 and a half gigs, and 8gig cards are usually only just a tad over 7gigs
maybe a scrubbed iso will fit, make sure you find one of those

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
I'm not sure if a brawl iso fits on an 8gig, since the iso itself is like 7 and a half gigs, and 8gig cards are usually only just a tad over 7gigs
maybe a scrubbed iso will fit, make sure you find one of those

thanks man, actually as far i know 8gb its actually 7.78gb and brawl is........****.......does someone know how to compress my (legally obtained) brawl iso? i think it was making it WBFS format with wiimanager? someone, anyone?

Top Bottom