• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
The link was a silhouette of Roy with the words A challenger is approaching. or something close to that.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
...I knew it (no, really. I did.). Props to getting this up and working team.

Also, I dig the new logo. Looks much more polished.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I think that Im dreaming, anybody would care as to cut off my legs just to make sure?

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
So does Roy's sword still feel like a noodle? I'm pretty curious but can't really tell, it looks like his aerials are incredibly fluid judging from the video.

EDIT: Also, lol @ Project M site being down again. "DDoSed" by actual players this time.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
SO sick! He looks great...Who knew PM would be built on the idea of 3s.
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Marth, Ike, Roy
Kirby, DDD, MK

Maybe we'll see Mario, Luigi, D. Mario?
Or Link, TLink, Ylink?
Dmario and Ylink might be hard to make distinctive now that mario and tlink have taken some of their traits. But that would be pretty cool.

Rarik

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, does this mean clone engine confirmed? Or something close enough that functions like the clone engine? I NEED TO KNOW MAN.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Though the Clone Engine works well, do take note that it reacts differently from one character to the other. Some characters will be MUCH harder to clone than others.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Anyone want to link me to the science and limitations of the CE. Is it using costume data as a model to create characters? Or is it inventing character slots from thin air. Or osmething else.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Though the Clone Engine works well, do take note that it reacts differently from one character to the other. Some characters will be MUCH harder to clone than others.
Thanks for the insight. At the very least, knowing it works is very nice. Also, to Pik & Thany, that model is gorgeous. The hair looks way better than the old model especially.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just a reminder to read the credits and text at the end of the video.

So do it before posting here about Roy please.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
We'll consider doing a separate blog post on the Clone Engine in the future if that's something people would be interested in.

Also, making new characters -- even "just" a clone character -- takes a monumental amount of work. For this reason, please hold on to your character requests, at least for now.

----

Props to Pik on the new Roy model and Kizzu on the new logo

The_NZA

Smash Lord
God, I can't imagine the coding nightmare it'll be to get Kirby to properly absorb and steal the power of a clone engine character. I'm guessing we aren't going to see Kirby for a verrry long time :(

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Is it me, or is the pm site not working after announcing roy?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PROB BECAUSE WE'RE FLOODING THE SITE EXPECTING 2.6ROY VERSION

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
100% glad with roy (hereby referred to in all aspects as "our boy")

he has a sort of vibe where he's inbetween marth juggling and MK juggling, I likey

Top Bottom