• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

TreK

Is "that guy"
Everyone's Melee main is back ! Cheers to that !

He better be top tier so we can all give Marth his spot back where tiara wearing people belong.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Fast fallers are officially bottom tier in P:M. lol
Somehow I feel like you would have said that in this thread, whether Roy was or wasn't announced.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm tryna pick a fight. I got nothing but love for smashboards, now that we back!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Somehow I feel like you would have said that in this thread, whether Roy was or wasn't announced.
Everyone who knows anything about Roy in Melee knows his combos on FFers were pretty ridiculous, and now that he probably got some anti-CC buffs (fair just looks meatier in general) and an aerial KO move (bair) I don't see how Roy doesn't have an amazing matchup vs. FFers. I didn't realize this was such a controversial opinion, it just sort of seemed like common sense...

TreK

Is "that guy"
So, with the clone engine, is implementing Smash Wii U's character a possibility ?
I know it'd take a **** ton of work, but that's what I mean by 'possibility', eh.
#WiiFitGirlsOurBoy

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
roy wasn't bad v fast fallers, he was just... bad versus everyone else, really

except for jiggs. speaking of which, can roy still upb jiggs in yoshi's island and get an instakill from it, if so I'm satisfied

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
New character announced this morning, Roy out in the open. This scene will fear me. It has seen my true face. The scenes are extended match up lists and the lists are full of top tiers and when the next release comes, the vermin will burn. The accumulated filth of all their chain grabs and crouch cancels will not be enough and all of the tier whores and counter-pickers will look up in the bracket and shout "Have mercy!"

...and I'll whisper, "No."

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
I don't know where to ask this, but is there a way I can request a stage I made be put into Project M? It's Wuhu Island. It is a battlefield style stage that flies around Wuhu Island, kinda like Delfino Plaza (even uses some of the platforms). Just thought it could be a great addition to Project M to give it more unique stages. I been working on it for a long time.

I'll just leave some links to the pictures. There are three versions, day, night, and sunset.

Wuhu Island
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz161/A_ssbb_player/WuhuIsland_zps725c699c.jpg

Wuhu Island Day
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz161/A_ssbb_player/Day_Wuhu_PM_zps58440cca.jpg

Wuhu Island Night
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz161/A_ssbb_player/Night_Wuhu_PM_zps07d84c4f.jpg

Wuhu Island Sunset
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz161/A_ssbb_player/Sunset_Wuhu_PM_zpsefa7fca6.jpg

There are probably a few little things I can try to fix, but so far I've done everything I can on my own. I'm not much of a stager. Plus Mewtwo2000 helped out on a few things. Just thought I'd leave it here to see what you all thought.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
New character announced this morning, Roy out in the open. This scene will fear me. It has seen my true face. The scenes are extended match up lists and the lists are full of top tiers and when the next release comes, the vermin will burn. The accumulated filth of all their chain grabs and crouch cancels will not be enough and all of the tier *****s and counter-pickers will look up in the bracket and shout "Have mercy!"

...and I'll whisper, "No."
I rewatched Ashes to Ashes. I cheered and cried. I rode the the waves of emotions fueled by Roy's fury. When the video finished I thought to myself, "what a fitting end for one of the most loved characters of Melee". Then I realized... No! This is but the beginning. Roy's vengeance will be carried out by his own hands. When the time comes, they will not be ready.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Shout out to Thany for the model and the loads of work up to this point. Everyone should thank her!

One of the only times you should cheer for dirty COLLUSION.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yeah who gives a **** about roy, the real question is

whens marvel
i mean mewtwo[/
spoiler]

ok spoiler isnt working for some reason, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Shout out to Thany for the model and the loads of work up to this point. Everyone should thank her!

One of the only times you should cheer for dirty COLLUSION.

Just so you know, Thany wasn't the only one who worked on this model (this model is not the same as the one on Brawlvault). Pik as well (most notably on the new sword built amongst various other things). He and I also worked on that render :-)

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just so you know, Thany wasn't the only one who worked on this model (this model is not the same as the one on Brawlvault). Pik as well (most notably on the new sword built amongst various other things). He and I also worked on that render :-)
I saw the credits mentioned Thany and Pik. Nice to know who all had a hand in it's creation, because it's really ace.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Happy birthday Sethlon :D.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
I'm more excited for the clone engine itself than Roy, honestly. Don't get me wrong, he's a cool dude, but I have no nostalgia for Melee.

That said, I would absolutely love to see a post on it detailing it's functions and limitations. However, I have a question; the credits of the trailer state that the Clone Engine "is of the exclusive use of the PMBR." When, if ever, will it be released standalone to the public? When 3.0 is released, when PM is no longer a demo, or some other time entirely?

SunJester

Smash Ace
My reaction was something to the effect of (edited slightly)

"Son of a gun, they got the fudging clone engine to fudging work? We'll I'll be a monkey's uncle"

Good work PMBR, I love you. And if it was possible I'd love you with mouth.

Also the model looks freaking GREAT.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
"His DACUS-able Up-Smash"

roy's usmash. you can. dacus it

well guess everyone else's DACUS is going to look a bit piss by comparison isn't it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, so question, do you guys from the PMBR consider taking a few hints from the Melee mod, Melee SD Remix for characters as Mewtwo and Roy? They've done a good job at balancing both characters. Disable, for example, has awesome range and does like 12% damage, and Mewtwo is Pikachu-like fast and has real strong Smash attacks.

Take a look at these vids:

The game has been playtested by good players, as Dr.Peepee for example.

And here's even some more formely low-tier goodness!

Just some food for thought. If the project Melee SD Remix would die, it at least wouldn't be in vain, see?

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy now that P:M can really reach to be the smash everyone wanted, so much for adjusting to whatever nintendo is doing (I myself have no hope left for SM4). As much as I'm hype for Roy I'm super hyped for the clone engine and how it works and what's next

If you ask me characters that have their own multiplayer fighting game shouldn't be included.

People asking for naruto (or any anime related adaptation) are really killing all the hype.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Gotta have MR. ANIME NINJUTSU or it's worthless

we need a street fighter character obvs
let's add dan

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
the PM dev team should just post in huge red letters on their site, 'NO WE WILL NOT ACCEPT YOUR TERRIBLE, HORRENDOUS, STUPID AND OVERALL ****TY CHARACTER REQUESTS"

Top Bottom