• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I am MEGA hyped for retro falcon. Best Alt by far!

I salute you based PMDT

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@OSCA MIKE , while I like your analogy music doesn't really work that way, you are drawing parallels between two mediums with vastly different levels and forms of interaction. But to be clear music has, apart from progressive genre's not really advanced in any meaningful way since the death of R&B, pop music itself is pretty much a testament to how that metaphor can come up short. Don't get me wrong some people are still pushing the envelope, and others are keeping more relevant, technical, and interesting genres alive, but the general progression has been anything but, well progressive when compared to the state of music I fairly recent history. Though an argument could be made for, but also against, cross-genre titles and the like being complex and forward-thinking in their own right, however that isn't really able to stand up to the homogenization of modern music (though this is conveniently happening in just about everything it possibly can)
wtf are you talking about

music has not become homogenized

POPULAR music is becoming slightly more homogenized, just as it always has

if people were actually interested in music, and not just dancing, they'd turn off their radios full of ****ty dance music and look up some unique music

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
wtf are you talking about
music has not become homogenized
POPULAR music is becoming slightly more homogenized, just as it always has
if people were actually interested in music, and not just dancing, they'd turn off their radios full of ****ty dance music and look up some unique music
Agreed.
This is popular, and it is anything BUT homogenized:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Touhou drone noises are the cutting edge of music you guys.

Remember that to be considered awesome in the experimental sound arena in this day and age doesn't mean you need to enjoy listening to it.

Can't forget this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Agreed.
This is popular, and it is anything BUT homogenized:
Why don't more people hail Pacific Rim for what it is?
(both the best giant monster and best giant robot movie in yeeeeeaaaaaarrrrrrsssssss, all rolled up nicely into one tasty package that promised you nothing but delivered everything)

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Godzilla was really boring in comparison to Pacific Rim. They made the monster into some kind of hero, not even an anti-hero destroying stuff because it was in his way. All the human drama after Bryan Cranston was very hollow too.

I will say that the humor in Pacific Rim, other than the legendary Ron Pearlman, fell flat unfortunately. I love Charlie Day but his talents are wasted here. And the main white bread hero guy was not all that likeable. The Asian girl was cool and so was her story, but the brothers storyline didn't add anything to the movie.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So what you guys think of the apparent discovery of L-cancel and dashdashing talk in a smash 4 build at Pax?

http://smashboards.com/threads/canc...eling-also-di-confirmed-hands-on-edit.366133/
It's the same Smash 4 build as every other demo.
Aerials are just ending before people land, so that gives them 0 frames of lag which is obvious.
Pivot-cancelling has already been discussed in detail. You can cancel dash with a turn-around MUCH earlier than any other game.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Now that Sandstorm is a meme it probably kills the hype for anyone newly watching Perfect Dark

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's the same Smash 4 build as every other demo.
Aerials are just ending before people land, so that gives them 0 frames of lag which is obvious.
Pivot-cancelling has already been discussed in detail. You can cancel dash with a turn-around MUCH earlier than any other game.
Apparently it's different though. In that video you can clearly see Marios attack does not end before he lands. People are saying the mechanics of the game have been changed in the PAX build.

Kati

Smash Lord
SNES Falcon looks great!

IMO Pacific Rim had too few actual monster fights. I ended up only enjoying the machinery during the robot prep/takeoff.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Apparently it's different though. In that video you can clearly see Marios attack does not end before he lands. People are saying the mechanics of the game have been changed in the PAX build.
How do we know this isn't auto-cancelling? Don't really know the intricacies of auto-cancelling among the different Smash titles, but the thought just came up.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Magus already proved it's just normal landing lag. There is no autocanceling involved in any way.

A simple gif also works =P

The video displays 29.97fps while the game runs at 59.94fps, so for each image seen there is another that exists but is not displayed in the video. There are 6 images of Mario being in b-air landing lag. The frames between those that aren't seen are also landing lag, so that's a minimum of 11 frames, plus the frames before and after the first and last that aren't shown and may or may not be landing lag as well. Mario's b-air has 11-13 frames of landing lag (it had 10 in brawl, so that'd be slightly slower). Whatever move Pac-Man is doing shows 8 images of landing lag, so Pac-Man's aerial has somewhere between 15-17 landing lag. There is no cancel of any kind going on there.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So anyone that cares remember when I pretty much made a meme in our local scene a while back about the cheap stuff in PM and calling grime well it got turned into a emote in our local streamer's stream so now it's called GrimeTime and when it works a emote of a Grimer shows up. :088:

Man this is too good.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Getting a part time job ish hard when you got some age and no work exp

SpiderMad

Smash Master
?, The combo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwDHs6UXgR8
I never heard any of the songs before when I saw it when it came out so it was enjoyable, now anyone who hasn't seen it is and has heard the song before will enjoy it less

Also I was thinking since the Wii's wifi card sucks but the ethernet adapter is good, but my router is far away, so I was thinking how well using a laptop with its wifi card to have an ethernet cord coming out of that to the wii's Ethernet adapter would be better than the Wii's wifi card.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Now that Sandstorm is a meme it probably kills the hype for anyone newly watching Perfect Dark
I didn't remember that song being in that video, but I checked the comment section and there are comments like this:

TiagoMendonca8591
3 weeks ago
First time I smiled at this stupid meme song thing.

So it's true, there are actually dumb kids who didn't know about that song as a song and only know of it as a "meme".

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wizzy/Gahtzu do Falcon doubles with each other all the time so they're ridiculously in-sync. It's a lot of fun to watch.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I remember when I first liked vex's ganondorf
And now I like his ganondorf even more in pm

Last edited:
Top Bottom