• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
My perspective is extremely narrow since I've only dated 2 girls with kids, but it's not really much of a deal breaker to me. Guys are generally turned off of dating a single mom since they think she's just looking for a dad for her kid(s) and trying to rope them into a father role they don't want, when she very likely won't even let you meet the kid unless you're getting really serious with her. In the meantime, they're no different from any other girl, they just wanna have fun. Just more responsibly.

I find single moms also don't really start drama as much as other girls tend to do. I mean when you've already gone through the pain of childbirth, you're probably not gonna sweat the small stuff.
I wouldnt date a girl with children just because it would really suck if she's great only for a child to already be there to bog later life down

Also cause i'm 19 and lazy lol

Lizalfos

Smash Master
My perspective is extremely narrow since I've only dated 2 girls with kids, but it's not really much of a deal breaker to me. Guys are generally turned off of dating a single mom since they think she's just looking for a dad for her kid(s) and trying to rope them into a father role they don't want, when she very likely won't even let you meet the kid unless you're getting really serious with her. In the meantime, they're no different from any other girl, they just wanna have fun. Just more responsibly.

I find single moms also don't really start drama as much as other girls tend to do. I mean when you've already gone through the pain of childbirth, you're probably not gonna sweat the small stuff.
Sick avy. Who da artist.
write a 20 minute atmospheric black metal song with me
I think we should start with some strumming.
Write a song with me.
I've been through the walking boundaries on a bike with no name,
It felt good to be out of the residential school.
In the walking boundaries you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no homework.
La, la, la la la la, la la la, la, la

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I've been through the walking boundaries on a bike with no name,
It felt good to be out of the residential school.
In the walking boundaries you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no homework.
Woah I don't want to get sued up the whazoo for copyright infringement. You better have those sample rights bought.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
So my t-shirt came today. I also got a new fade and dye. I'm basically the freshest kid on the block right now and don't you forget it 8]

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
So, today there was the first of a new weekly tournament near where I live, with PM and Melee. I decided to go because I know the TO and want to support him and the scene, so I got a couple other friends to come too.

I won Melee dropping only a single game. $45.

Came through loser's in PM, ended up in Grand Finals with my friend who was running it. We were both kind of tired and hungry, so he proposed that we split the pot and play for ****s and giggles. I went Bowser, and he went DK, and I made $29.

Either one of those wins would've been the most I've made at any event. I ended up making almost $60 after subtracting entrance fees. Today is a damn good day.

I also was wearing my tightest shirt today, so I looked strong while winning, too.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sick avy. Who da artist.

Artist is unknown, and with digging I couldn't pin-point it to a specific source. I think it may have originated from Tumblr but the original creator has long since deleted the source, only appearing in places that collect metroid fanart. The image itself is also over 6 years old.

Helsong

Smash Ace
So, today there was the first of a new weekly tournament near where I live, with PM and Melee. I decided to go because I know the TO and want to support him and the scene, so I got a couple other friends to come too.

I won Melee dropping only a single game. $45.

Came through loser's in PM, ended up in Grand Finals with my friend who was running it. We were both kind of tired and hungry, so he proposed that we split the pot and play for ****s and giggles. I went Bowser, and he went DK, and I made $29.

Either one of those wins would've been the most I've made at any event. I ended up making almost $60 after subtracting entrance fees. Today is a damn good day.

I also was wearing my tightest shirt today, so I looked strong while winning, too.
Way to go, buddy. Looking good while kicking ass is the recipe to success, fame, and being a good programmer. No seriously. Try coding while wearing clothes that make you look good, it actually helps me..

Just played Project M for the first time ever. It's pretty cool.
Do you play Ike? You should play Ike. Marth is ok too I guess, but Ike is da bess.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Family stops by pizzeria after picking me from work. Didn't want to go in because I was exhausted, so they went to eat and I chilled in the car. Cruising Smashboards.

Not even 10 minutes later, I see a bunch of guys running across the street with one guy shooting at them practically right in front of my car.

Well, I immediately regret this decision.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Very proud of you. Now it's time to change your name to The Big Dog.

He's definitely very fresh. Look how little he's aged. It's like he's brand new.

Or maybe he's avoided aging through sheer Willpower.
He's got nothing against Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise.

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
@ M Manaconda for a second there I thought your avatar was going to be cute
and then you chose to ruin it
Steve Buscemi is cute, assuming that's the face on the fox.

Damn it. I was trying to find a funny picture to post, but fell flat. My supervisor checks my search history to make sure I'm appropriately using university services. It's bad enough I'm on smashboards, but I'm not sure how to explain why I google image'd variations of "Steve Buscemi is cute" for 15 minutes.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
went to smashfest, people told me I had improved and I noticed I had but I'm starting to realize how absolutely stupid I am when I play and how I keep doing dumb things

and I recognize that I'm doing dumb things but like half a second too late after I've already started to do said dumb things

also I stay in shield like a scared lil ***** and I kept missing my uthrow followups (maybe I'm just bad, but from 3.6b -> 3.6, did endlag on weegee uthrow get increased? hmm)

bleh I'm bad I gotta play more

on a semi-related note, reading floaties attempting to jump out of combos is the most satisfying thing ever like heheh u just jumped into my hitbox u dumbass

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Just played Project M for the first time ever. It's pretty cool.
I'm so sorry... There's no going back now. Your enjoyment of all other Smash games has now been ruined and it only gets worse from here.

Nah, I'm just kidding, but PM is my favorite Smash. Welcome to the party!

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
went to smashfest, people told me I had improved and I noticed I had but I'm starting to realize how absolutely stupid I am when I play and how I keep doing dumb things

and I recognize that I'm doing dumb things but like half a second too late after I've already started to do said dumb things

also I stay in shield like a scared lil ***** and I kept missing my uthrow followups (maybe I'm just bad, but from 3.6b -> 3.6, did endlag on weegee uthrow get increased? hmm)

bleh I'm bad I gotta play more

on a semi-related note, reading floaties attempting to jump out of combos is the most satisfying thing ever like heheh u just jumped into my hitbox u *******
also I introduced PM to a guy who exclusively plays melee who has been trying to get a samus secondary and he said "this is the way samus is supposed to feel"

edit: also I noticed that I hold my shoulders/back really tight and hunched when I play which I think is leading me to have back pain/perform worse as I play for longer periods of time

maybe I'll have to challenge myself to play with an arched back and good posture from now on, having a sore lower back is better for general health and fitness than having cramped and shore shoulders/upper back

Last edited:
Top Bottom