• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
So I got to Gold III on Rising Thunder before Leslie started watching Netflix and suckin up all our bandwidth. Seems OK for day 3 on my first traditional fighter? :x
Honestly, if RT ended up becoming a Big Deal, I could definitely see myself taking it pretty seriously. The ability to practice mindgames and stuff despite not having a local scene is a godsend, but the game itself also kicks ***.
Day 2 for me, Carbon Tier 3. First day is ****ing rough(mostly because the game puts you up against a decent spread of players to figure out how to rank your skill-which, btw, is not shared with you), but once I got past the initial hurdle of 5-8 matches, the game slowly started to come together. Averaging at a 50/50 win rate right now, so I guess the matchmaking works well enough. I'm playing Vlad currently with a dash of Edge, you?
I don't know if I see it taking off in a huge way(mostly because laggy matches will always discourage players), but then again, it's a simple to pick up fighting game, for free, and if the devs are to be trusted, they're committed to making this a solid online experience. I could see it working out, but the nature of fighting games means that the majority of players will get salty and quit the game when they start out getting their asses beat into a pulp.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
1. Notable player who has demonstrated the ability to compete in a recent version of Project M (3.5 and later). Attends tournaments frequently and performs reasonably well in them, including major/national scale events.
done

2. Own a Wii & the most recent version of Project M.
done
3. Ownership of a capture card and ability to stream and/or record video of gameplay.
check
4. A rudimentary understanding of Project Smash Attacks (PSA).
check
5. A generally well-rounded mindset and a willingness to adhere to post-3.02 design philosophy.
mmmmm.....looks like I'm not getting into the DT

Narelex

Smash Journeyman
So I've resumed watching Jojo's: Stardust Crusaders is there a single vehicle they get in that doesn't get destroyed?

Except that car they traded for camels but then the camels sort of...died

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Day 2 for me, Carbon Tier 3. First day is ****ing rough(mostly because the game puts you up against a decent spread of players to figure out how to rank your skill-which, btw, is not shared with you), but once I got past the initial hurdle of 5-8 matches, the game slowly started to come together. Averaging at a 50/50 win rate right now, so I guess the matchmaking works well enough. I'm playing Vlad currently with a dash of Edge, you?
100% Talos, sitting at 48W, 27L; though to my understanding, grapplers tend to be OP at lower levels in these games.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So I've resuming watching Jojo's is there a single vehicle they get in that doesn't get destroyed?

Except that car they traded for camels but then the camels sort of...died
You must be new here; no vehicle is safe on JoJo's

Helsong

Smash Ace
100% Talos, sitting at 48W, 27L; though to my understanding, grapplers tend to be OP at lower levels in these games.
I do pretty well against most Talos players I run across, but I haven't run into a lot of good ones, to be fair. The armored command grabs and the armored spartan kick are suuper cool. The good Talos I fought really got in my head, and I just kept on getting grabbed and kicked and hit confirmed into grabs and getting up into grabs and...man, it was crushing until I started keeping my distance.

Crow player here (Silver Tier 1), invicible DPs are fun.
I have run into very few Crows. From what I've seen with the ones I have run into, Crow does really well when he's the one on offense, then just kinda cracks on defense and doesn't seem to possess a good reversal. Invisibility is fun, though. Seems like a very interesting character-what's his general gameplan?

Chel is giving me way less trouble now that I've figured out most of the scrub tactics players around my level use. My current foe is Edge. So many different mixups, a decent range, that dash special is like a less versatile PM QD(I shudder at the idea of grabbing out of Edge's S3 dash). Scrubby Edges go down fast and easy, competent Edges are a damn nightmare. Vlad is kinda slow, and I think I might have more success developing my Edge as well, but Vlad's really just a fun character, and I don't want to give up on him.

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
I have run into very few Crows. From what I've seen with the ones I have run into, Crow does really well when he's the one on offense, then just kinda cracks on defense and doesn't seem to possess a good reversal. Invisibility is fun, though. Seems like a very interesting character-what's his general gameplan?
Likewise, I only played one or two Vlad during my Carbon Tier days, then they all somehow vanished. From what I've read, Vlad seems to have good matchup agains't Crow? (Clobbering Rush is supposedly safe against us?)

But yeah, Crow is great at mix-ups, but aside from his backdash (which is rendered null and void at a corner) and super, his only means of defences once he gets up is to block if the opponent goes in. Also, quick-rise can make me eat some DPs if I didn't set up my disc fast enough for a jump-in (even then, Chel, Edge and Vlad(?) DPs are invicible, so they can bypass that sometimes)

Fog of War (invisibility) is nice since, alongside it's main use, it has a very brief window in invicibility that can let me pass through Chel's fireball and it can halt my momentum in the air, so I can sort of use it to bait out DPs (although Chel's DPs goes very far in, so that doesn't work on her).

Neutral Jump.H is also awesome, it being a 3 hit attack seems to screw most of the players I fought so far, and it also looks like a strong option to win most of my trades in an air-to-air situation (However, I'm mostly saying this because I was able to beat out the air normals from an Edge who loved to jump-in when I was knocked down, so that move might not be as good as I see it)

Otherwise, for his general gameplan, I'd say Crow must try to set-up the opponent in a way that you can go in without impunity because of his poor defensive options. Usually throwing a disc to make the opponent block / backdash / dash is our common way to start a round.

Talos is fun to play around while Chel can eat a Disc

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So hey. The venue where we do our Project M biweeklies are going to starting doing USF4 biweeklies on the opposite weeks of our Project M stuff and I would love to get into it (there is another place that does USF4 weeklies but they host their stuff super late, like at 11PM and that is far from ideal right now).

Problem is that they are doing PS3 only set-ups (and I have mine on the 360, though this isn't a super big deal to me as the game isn't that expensive so I could maybe see about trading it plus a few other games, if I can find any others to trade in that is, to get the PS3 version) and I prefer the 360 controller to the PS3 controller (I play with the jostick, not the dpad [yes yes I'm weird and "unoptimal" and blah blah blah]) and I much prefer the joystick of the 360 to the PS3 I also prefer the trigger buttons of the 360 to the PS3 by a lot as well.

So what I'm wondering is if something like this would reliable http://xcm.cc/products/cross-battle-adapter-2-0 to use without causing lag?

Helsong

Smash Ace
Likewise, I only played one or two Vlad during my Carbon Tier days, then they all somehow vanished. From what I've read, Vlad seems to have good matchup agains't Crow? (Clobbering Rush is supposedly safe against us?)

But yeah, Crow is great at mix-ups, but aside from his backdash (which is rendered null and void at a corner) and super, his only means of defences once he gets up is to block if the opponent goes in. Also, quick-rise can make me eat some DPs if I didn't set up my disc fast enough for a jump-in (even then, Chel, Edge and Vlad(?) DPs are invicible, so they can bypass that sometimes)

Fog of War (invisibility) is nice since, alongside it's main use, it has a very brief window in invicibility that can let me pass through Chel's fireball and it can halt my momentum in the air, so I can sort of use it to bait out DPs (although Chel's DPs goes very far in, so that doesn't work on her).

Neutral Jump.H is also awesome, it being a 3 hit attack seems to screw most of the players I fought so far, and it also looks like a strong option to win most of my trades in an air-to-air situation (However, I'm mostly saying this because I was able to beat out the air normals from an Edge who loved to jump-in when I was knocked down, so that move might not be as good as I see it)

Otherwise, for his general gameplan, I'd say Crow must try to set-up the opponent in a way that you can go in without impunity because of his poor defensive options. Usually throwing a disc to make the opponent block / backdash / dash is our common way to start a round.

Talos is fun to play around while Chel can eat a Disc
I have run into 0 enemy Vlads. 0. He doesn't seem to be as cool as some characters or as easy to win with, but I like his flight mechanic, even if I feel like it could use a bit of a speed buff. H->FC is pretty much another KADC. His fireball(rocket, really) can help put up a safety net, his DP covers no horizontal, but does decent damage, etc. He's kinda middle of the road, slow to move around, with few interesting qualities, which is why I guess he seems to be sorta rare. But I'm also bad, so what do I know?

Clobbering Rush wrecks when chained into properly. Especially if you run KA, you can go H->FC aerial H->Clobber Rush->KADC Super. Even by itself, it knocks down. I don't know why it seems to work against Crow so well. Might be the range? I found it useful as a way to get through invisibility. It hits such a large area that I can normally stuff the opponent out of their hiding spot and push them out of the field. It feels scrubby though, and I don't know if it's actually something good or indicative of the lack of skill Crows at my level have.

My only issue with Chel is how damn ubiquitous she is. 2/3 of them just play fireball spam too, and throw in S3->S2 combos here and there. It's boring and very easy to get past, if a bit of a grind. It's refreshing when I run into one that tries to engage and zone intelligently. Also, throw into KA into aerial grab is just..what? I mean, what? Did I miss something in my general lack of playing 2d fighters before now?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Paragon will be the largest gathering of dev team members we've ever had! If you wanted to meet one of us, this is the perfect chance. There may be more going but we'll see

Confirmed:
Corshmell
Dantarion
Jiang
Jolteon
Lunchables
Machiavelli
Monk
Professor Pro
Riddlrr
SDoom
SOJ
Spex130
Standardtoaster
Strong Bad
Zolom

Maybe:
Cobaltium
kokingpin
Llama Juice
Nano
Sheen
StarWaffle
Warchamp7

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh boy I missed the Jojo talk, time to mechpost.
FRYzZtL.jpg

Paragon will be the largest gathering of dev team members we've ever had! If you wanted to meet one of us, this is the perfect chance. There may be more going but we'll see

Confirmed:
Corshmell
Dantarion
Jiang
Jolteon
Lunchables
Machiavelli
Monk
Professor Pro
Riddlrr
SDoom
SOJ
Spex130
Standardtoaster
Strong Bad
Zolom

Maybe:
Cobaltium
kokingpin
Llama Juice
Nano
Sheen
StarWaffle
Warchamp7
Aw man I left cali just last week. I hate how close I was to going...

Last edited:

SunJester

Smash Ace

Confirmed:
Corshmell
Dantarion
Jiang
Jolteon
Lunchables
Machiavelli
Monk
Professor Pro
Riddlrr
SDoom
SOJ
Spex130
Standardtoaster
Strong Bad
Zolom

Maybe:
Cobaltium
kokingpin
Llama Juice
Nano
Sheen
StarWaffle
Warchamp7

PMDT vs the World crew match when?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Confirmed:
Corshmell
Dantarion
Jiang
Jolteon
Lunchables
Machiavelli
Monk
Professor Pro
Riddlrr
SDoom
SOJ
Spex130
Standardtoaster
Strong Bad
Zolom

Maybe:
Cobaltium
kokingpin
Llama Juice
Nano
Sheen
StarWaffle
Warchamp7
How can I be on the Dev Team when I don't have an emblem next to my name? :dazwa:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm honestly surprised nobody's made Town & City or Magicant yet. I'd love to have the former as an alt for Smashville and the latter as an alt for Onett in my personal build.

Yes, I know Magicant has the Flying Man, making it unanimously unviable in its original game. People tend to agree that it would be pretty good WITHOUT him, though.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Man I wish I got the Jojo bizzarre adventure HD ver. When it was still around on playstation network sadly they removed it but I least have MVC2.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
So I start Senior year classes at 1pm on Wednesday. I am more than OK with this.
(Now I just need a job so I feel like a useful human/part-time ****poster.)

Top Bottom