• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Draco_The

Smash Lord
What's the problem with KoF XIII inputs? There are some things I can't do no matter how many times I try (st.A/B into command grab with EX Iori for example), but otherwise I don't find them as bad as everyone else seems to do.

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Whelp my ps4 just stopped reading my discs i guess? I don't really know what to do. Is there any way to back my save games onto a thumb drive or if i send it in will I just lose it all?

Vashimus

Smash Master
In most circumstances, a quality arcade stick is better than a quality pad. Moving your wrist and forearm will always be quicker and more accurate than your thumbs for directions. For buttons, most of your fingers are gripping the controller on pad, so 90% of button presses are going to be your thumbs moving in various directions, with the occasional shoulder button press from the indexes. Compare that to stick where every one of your fingers is free and can now be dedicated to cover multiple different buttons, allowing you to much more easily do things like negative edge, piano, double-tap or pressing 2 or more buttons at the same time. It's like comparing typing with index fingers versus typing with all your fingers. It's no contest.

People get arcade sticks thinking it will instantly make them a god player, and end up hating it because it feels awkward and they play worse than they did on pad. Learning stick takes commitment and dedication until your muscle memory finally rewires itself to accommodate the new control method, just like when you were 5 and the N64/Playstation controller felt awkward at first. But of course no one remembers that struggle, because now it's pretty much something they've just always known.

Last edited:

AuraMaudeGone

Smash Ace
What's the problem with KoF XIII inputs? There are some things I can't do no matter how many times I try (st.A/B into command grab with EX Iori for example), but otherwise I don't find them as bad as everyone else seems to do.
When you're used to buffered inputs in other games, it seems difficult.

EWGF, Hellsweeps, Tsunami kicks, and ff+2. I have war flashbacks from playing the local mishima player where he just does db+2 all day long as well. those characters man, here's hoping Tekken 7 brings some new blood to the top
This meal is reserved for top tiers only

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
09er's that came from SF4 arn't used to those SNK inputs homie. KOF13 does have buffer windows though and shortcuts to make combos easier though.

In most circumstances, a quality arcade stick is better than a quality pad. Moving your wrist and forearm will always be quicker and more accurate than your thumbs for directions. For buttons, most of your fingers are gripping the controller on pad, so 90% of button presses are going to be your thumbs moving in various directions, with the occasional shoulder button press from the indexes. Compare that to stick where every one of your fingers is free and can now be dedicated to cover multiple different buttons, allowing you to much more easily do things like negative edge, piano, double-tap or pressing 2 or more buttons at the same time. It's like comparing typing with index fingers versus typing with all your fingers. It's no contest.

People get arcade sticks thinking it will instantly make them a god player, and end up hating it because it feels awkward and they play worse than they did on pad. Learning stick takes commitment and dedication until your muscle memory finally rewires itself to accommodate the new control method, just like when you were 5 and the N64/Playstation controller felt awkward at first. But of course no one remembers that struggle, because now it's pretty much something they've just always known.
THIS. Soo much of this. I choose to learn stick properly though and started on a SCV hori stick.

Also off topic but have anyone have the Captain Crunch cinnabon delights at Taco Bell yet I have them this past Monday and they are ok so I was wondering how everyone else thought of them?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Mango went ****ing innnnnn

I wanted to spam the chat with mangonation emotes but I'm still permabanned from SS's stream ROFL.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hey PMS
We made a thing

I know, we make a lot of things
But this is our last thing (at least for a while)
Will you check out our thing ?

xoxo, TreK the thing advertiser, and Satanpuuuu the thing maker.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
ive spent the last 2 days seeing what the fuss about jojo's bizzare adventure is

JUST FINISHED THE 2012 ANIME

OHMYGODTHATWASSHOGOOOOOD
CANT WAIT TO WATCH STARDUST CRUSADERS

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
ive spent the last 2 days seeing what the fuss about jojo's bizzare adventure is

OHMYGODTHATWASSHOGOOOOOD
Omg omg omg omg
@zman804 we won't be the only people that will get our references at events

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
For those considering or currently pursuing higher education.

Oh yeah, and my school's research department is apparently sponsoring me(and a few others) to go to Black Hat and DEFCON. Should be great, despite the dangers of getting hacked(it's going to happen if you bring a device with network capabilities into the con). The breifings and panels should be really damn informative, and the parties are an extra bonus.
Oh, and I'm probably going to end up on multiple watchlists as a result of attendance. Time to get paranoid.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

OHMYGODTHATWASSHOGOOOOOD
this is good.png

One step closer to taking over the forum and becoming Jojoboards.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I want to build an arcade stick controller for both fighting games and classic arcade games, but the prices of the parts greatly add up. Maybe I could use a cheap plastic tub as a chassis.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So I've decided to start on a Halloween costume/Cosplay for next years Pheonix comicon/other events, settled on this alt costume for Beowulf (because I play that color, and I have blonde hair/blue eyes so I dont have to get a wig/eye contacts to do it up right lol)
Beo mic drop.JPG

Finding faux blue fur of a color like that is hard though. I found a perfect jacket from forever 21 that I was going to just order in XL and use the sleeves for the leg covering and the rest the cape, but RIP it was discontinued. Honestly the only hard parts will be getting the fur+hood right, and getting a strong enough magnet to keep The Hurting onto the belt like he has it (and the facial hair, I can't grow anything that manly). The rest will be simple, just dark blue pants, white polo that I'll put the argyle pattern on, some suspenders. a thick belt, similar shoes and a metal folding chair I'll spray paint. This might put my amateur sewing skills to the test (The most I've done in recent years is patch up a few holes in my Ex's jeans, but I used to be good at it lol). I think I'll just get help from my G-ma and I'll just tend to her garden for a few weeks in exchange for the labor.

I know theres a few cosplayers in here, any suggestions on getting the hood/fur sections right?

Also, If I bulk up and fill it out well will I get all the cosplay hunnies?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh yeah a few days ago I had a dream that I asked @ Soft Serve Soft Serve out on skype and I was a gorl in the dream, I didn't talk about it because I thought it was super weird.

It's still super weird.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Oh yeah a few days ago I had a dream that I asked @ Soft Serve Soft Serve out on skype and I was a gorl in the dream, I didn't talk about it because I thought it was super weird.

It's still super weird.
93% of males are less attractive than he is, so you could have done worse.

By the way, statistics are false 83% of the time, especially considering 91% of them are made up on the spot.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
So I've decided to start on a Halloween costume/Cosplay for next years Pheonix comicon/other events, settled on this alt costume for Beowulf (because I play that color, and I have blonde hair/blue eyes so I dont have to get a wig/eye contacts to do it up right lol)
View attachment 61080

Finding faux blue fur of a color like that is hard though. I found a perfect jacket from forever 21 that I was going to just order in XL and use the sleeves for the leg covering and the rest the cape, but RIP it was discontinued. Honestly the only hard parts will be getting the fur+hood right, and getting a strong enough magnet to keep The Hurting onto the belt like he has it (and the facial hair, I can't grow anything that manly). The rest will be simple, just dark blue pants, white polo that I'll put the argyle pattern on, some suspenders. a thick belt, similar shoes and a metal folding chair I'll spray paint. This might put my amateur sewing skills to the test (The most I've done in recent years is patch up a few holes in my Ex's jeans, but I used to be good at it lol). I think I'll just get help from my G-ma and I'll just tend to her garden for a few weeks in exchange for the labor.

I know theres a few cosplayers in here, any suggestions on getting the hood/fur sections right?

Also, If I bulk up and fill it out well will I get all the cosplay hunnies?
the fabric stores that carry good stuff that i know of are dallas only : / i'm guessing you've checked obvious stuff like joann's/michael's/hancock's?

if you can find the right fabric, in theory you can use a basic hood pattern to make the head. now that i think about it, you might be able to find a red hoodie and use that for the inside? it wouldn't be exact, but it could help for a start.

ALTERNATELY: find a giant stuffed wolf, and literally gut and skin it for pieces (if it matches the color you want). if you do that, just get a piece of red to match the inside and more or less just sew it in, but in segments to match the "ribbing" on the inside. (there's ribbing on the inside, right? >.>) you'll have to do the inside as a different color, anyway, regardless of how you make the hood.

the teeth might be obstinate. the best solution would be to make them out of resin and embed them inside of the hood, but that's really really involved and probably not feasible. you can make simple cone patterns out of a white fabric and stuff them with just cotton filling material (or just cotton balls. or, if you gutted and skinned a stuffed wolf, use those innards), then sew that into the mouth. giving it some body is more difficult than i can realistically help with, i just know it involves interfacing and possibly sewing wires in. but once you use wires, you have to be careful of bending them out of shape : / you could stuff the head itself up, but that might not give a nice effect.

the sections on the legs look really simple. if you can get help with those, they shouldn't take too long, since they're basically just giant patches that you'll hook on with belting (most likely) or sew them directly into a pair of pants that would be dedicated to the cosplay at that point. i will say, if you go the belting route, sew belt loops into the thigh/calf areas to run them through, or else that **** is going to slide off all the god damned time. alternately, make some straps to go up to your actual belt (about the same color as your pants, so it's harder to notice) and use that to keep them secured up.

i tried to google around for beowulf cosplay tutorials, but nothing came up, though there are people who've done it. the biggest thing that seems to come off goofy is the wolf head, since the teeth will want to stick in funny directions. i'm not really a tailor/sewer at all, though. i mostly do small leatherworking projects and handsew small pieces to fill in gaps that i can't buy, but need (or that my gf needs help putting together...). so, i can't really point you to good materials and communities for help in that regard : (

found this for @Old Man Grey

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I decided I'm going to get serious about learning Japanese after only knowing Hiragana, Katakana and generic weaboo words for about a year.
This is going to be difficult because for 17 years I've had almost zero attention span or studying skills but I'm going to force myself to do it.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
No relevance to current world events.
No RTS elements.

Go back to sleep and try again.
Literally all I've been doing for two weeks is talking to people on skype, reading manga and ****posting on imageboards. I'd need to go outside to get better dreams.

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone going to Evo? You should say hi and hang out with me :). Maybe we can play some PM as well though I haven't played in like 5 months.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh god my dad spends all day on the weekends promoting his music and racial social justice. He patrols Facebook like it's his job or something lmao.

Not that I can say anything though.
then go outside.
I'm too much like my dad to do that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom