• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
By not talking about my failures. I've got plenty of them, but I'll only really ever talk about my accomplishments. Makes you look strong.
This is the most motivational ****. ty

unrelated, do you guys play Mario Kart 8?

or is there a PMS MK8 group I've been missing out on this whole time

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
So uh, I won a trip to qatar to a bigger tournament.

Now it depends on my parents if I can go or not
Oh, well that's a lot better than the nothing the stream host said the winner would get.
So how're you planning on convincing your parents? Do you think it's likely they'll let you go?
And what form is the trip that you won in? You might still be able to sell it or something if you can't go.

Last edited:

OnFullTilt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gregolus
All squids. I like the ones that change colors.
My favorite is the colossal squid. The fact that people were amazed at how menacing giant squids were already and then found freakin' that thing... it's pretty funny to me. That darned thing sometimes even fights whales.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Looking 'strong' is not the same thing as actually being strong, but hey, humans love appearances, even if they're completely fake.
Stupid fleshies.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
pidgezero with the godlike realtalk
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's so spot on accurate it's kind of scary

Helsong

Smash Ace
Hm, I see, I think I kinda see what you mean, although why would you be obligated to learn about AI, or anything beyond basics like language though? And just how high level are things right now for you?
I mean, I guess I'm kinda obligated to learn some things, like certain languages at the moment, but I do have interests in learning those languages as well so I definitely wish I could do that a high level.
I see. So how long do you think you'll be planning before you start working on something, will you try and plan the entire game out first or will you decide on a base and then start working on it right away? How often do you get together to plan? And did the group form all at once when you started realizing it, or bit by bit over time?
And what was undergrad work like, especially starting out?
And I can't remember if I asked this earlier, but when do you plan to sleep, just how long have you been awake if you're still up after I slept?
Also I need to go and like, actually be productive now, if I come back within 1 1/2 to 2 hours it probably means I'm slacking even more. So have a good day/night!
Oh, and feel free to bring other flame war starting topics into that conversation as well if you end up starting it before I do, although it'll be hard to talk about more than one subject at a time. And I also don't know where to begin so it'll be a while before I start it if you leave it up to me.
I don't feel obligated to learn more about it, I'm learning for the sake of my own interests. It's knowledge for knowledge's sake, but it also helps that I can continue to apply it in a way that works towards future goals. And basics like language will only get you so far. Simply being a coder is..really easy, I'm sorry to say. You won't do much if all you know is how to code, there's a whole host of design practices that are crucial to know. Otherwise, there's no point to knowing a bunch of languages. It's like knowing to speak, but having 0 skills when it comes to rhetoric. As for just how high level..I mean, I don't really know how to quantify that?

How long it takes depends entirely on our schedules. We're all busy people who basically just graduated from undergrad, just finishing up their first year in grad school, or are otherwise in a major pivotal point in our lives. Maybe in a few months once we've got our **** together. The group formed bit by bit, but eventually we decided that we should collaborate more on stuff.

Undergrad work, starting out, wasn't that much different from high school, especially in lower level courses. The major differences are the workload(which can vary) and the amount of studying required. I legitimately had to learn good study habits to get through a few of the higher level classes I took my first year. It always depends on what classes you take and what university you're going to.
Also, I already slept a while ago? Haha, I don't know why that's important. I keep a normal sleep schedule, for the most part.

pidgezero with the godlike realtalk
It's so spot on accurate it's kind of scary
Who is this person? That's actually hilarious and very good.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
In other news, today I learned links ending with a dash don't work properly on Twitter.

Found this out after I posted the playlist from our latest weekly on Twitter, and Prog retweeted it.
rip potential exposure ;_;

DiscoZ

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is Disco. I lurk social theads on forums and enjoy fighting games.

This is not a generic post because I don't really have anything relevant to say.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My O.G laptop's back from repairs. It feels good having my comics, wrestling folder, and work material back.

Hi my name is Disco. I lurk social theads on forums and enjoy fighting games.

This is not a generic post because I don't really have anything relevant to say.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
I had the worst sub in my entire life today
Young woman, probably in her 25-30s Made loud breathing noises and walked around like Gilgamesh.
She tells us in DIGITAL GRAPHICS that our assignment is to go on a niche website and put together elements to make other elements
I go along with it, and she says the last 5 minutes is free time (we usually get 30 because we finish in the first 20 the usual photo shop assignment)
a hole is made in my shirt by a pencil 10 minutes into class and she interrogates me why I'm looking at my shirt
>you are on your phone aren't you? you can't be looking at your shirt for no reason
>look at the (****ing) shirt miss, there a hole in it that's new
>right, ill be keeping an eye on you
At the last 5 minutes of class I pull a phone out of my bag to tell my mom I'm walking home
She then proceeds to take my phone away for "being on facebook"
then she says how she not gonna let me have it till the last 5 minutes of class, but then a kid points out that it IS the last five minutes of class
She rudely hands me my phone back, and I mutter "thanks for taking my phone up for no apparent reason"
she catches that and proceeds to yell at the top of her douche lungs
IF HAY WANT START AN ARGUMENT WITH ME I WILL GET AN ADMINISTRATOR RIGHT NOW AND YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE OFFICE FOR (bunch of reasons that don't make sense whatsoever)
at this point I just spread my arms out wide like an airplane and yelled, OK!
She didn't do anything and I left really passed
I left like a badass though, and that's all that matters
But seriously, sub lady, please go find somewhere else to defecate on someone day. I will eternally hate you for making me stare at a screen and put pictures on pictures for an hour.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
One thing I despise about other dilecs is how people mispronounce names.

You know like Ma-re-OH And not May-re-oh

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything really inherently wrong with learning complicated stuff for your character? Some people would argue that everything should be made as easy as possible, but I think it's natural for things to get more complex as you improve at the game. It's what gives the games depth and makes high level play compelling to watch. Your mileage may vary depending on who you're learning, but you're still able to learn at your own pace and get things down little by little. Good Potemkin players still very much do a chain into sweep. But because they wanted improve with the character, yes, they eventually did have to learn his hammerfall cancels. Learning it by itself, then using it in blockstrings, and then ultimately in combos.

You don't want to have your player be forced to run before he can walk, but doing complex and difficult stuff is par for the course for the fighting genre. Some moves are harder to do than others. Some characters are harder to use than others. These are things we accept because they're something to work towards, an accomplishment. Doing flashy, hard **** is something people notice and can respect. That's why we tolerate it.
I 100% agree with you, but they specifically asked for fighting games that are not really hard on the hands, and I was saying that Xrd requires the higher level execution a little earlier than other fighting games. I agree that there should be execution barriers to an extent and that there should be depth but in an instance where they requested easier execution, I don't think Xrd fits that bill super easily.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Xrd isn't even that hard now thanks to the buffer they put in. Made some of the stuff a bit easier. Even then, it's nowhere near as technically demanding as some of GG's earlier entries (1-3 frame FRCs would love a word).

IMO, you shouldn't be focusing on the technically demanding stuff at first anyways, especially in GG. Like in every other fighting game, fundamentals are kind of important.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Oh my god I never thought I would be saying this after seeing it a few times here, but:
There's a girl I like and I don't know what to do, I think I need medical attention.

Top Bottom