• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
The comparison to Pokemon isn't entirely accurate. I mean in the case of Pokemon they are basically the same game with the same story with slight differences here and there and some different Pokemon whereas with Fire Emblem IF they are, basically, two completely different games in terms of story and level structure (Nohr being more linear and hard with limited exp/gold, so more traditional FE structure, while Hoshido is more like Awakening and Sacred Stones) after chapter 6 (I believe that is where the choice is made), so like I guess the Zelda Oracle games are a better comparison(?), and, according to Nintendo, both paths have content amount comparable to Awakening. It would still sucks that they might be separated overseas, but it is far from a bad case scenario, honestly, and could be a lot worse still.
Yep, and it's still polarizing

Pokemon differences are pretty small and inconsequential, if you buy one game you're almost basically getting the other; you get mostly the same experience.

Because of the differences with this new fire emblem game, if you want to experience the entirety of it you actually would need to buy the counterpart version. Which isn't to say that's bad, it's just part of what makes it polarizing when compared to pokemon's separate versions, if that makes any sense...

In regards to the potential separation, I might prefer that over the alternative of it being released as dlc, because that might bar anyone who doesn't have a nintendo network account-thing from playing the version they would have wanted to play.
Hopefully they'll just ship that special edition version (with the 3rd campaign..?) along with whatever else they decide to ship.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I think that's all Plate, and he's mostly being sarcastic and/or self-deprecating. The other squirtman players mostly seem to be pretty aware that he's alright.
I'm actually not the only one, Dad and I are just the only ones who still frequent smashboards

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I love that there's a Happiness Club at my uni.

Literally all they do is random **** on campus to try to make people happy. Sometimes they just stand at the entrances to buildings giving everyone high fives, stuff like that.

Today they're handing out little squares of bubble wrap to anyone who wants them. It's the best.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Some people are living the life and I'm wading through hell, works out I guess.
Life is kinda just a sequence of wading through hell->living well->wading through hell. The most you can really do is be better prepared for the wading, so that the hell is just slightly burning, and not bone-searing.

In my case, I just found that the code I had working yesterday doesn't work on other systems. And it now stopped working on mine. I have no idea why.
And I found that one of the students I TA for plagiarized his work. Don't cheat kiddies. It's a pain for your teacher, and it'll screw ou over really hard. Not looking forward to what i have to do. Not really hell, but kinda bad?
His life's about to be hell, though. Oh man.

@ MechWarriorNY MechWarriorNY I don't want a harem, though. I loathe harem anime. Also, love dodecahedrons tend to be a lot more messy and heart-breaking in real life.

@ Strong Badam Strong Badam I can tell he's just been nerfed since his inception, but my question is: is he nerfed in relation to everyone else? It seemed like no one had issues with QD in the past since everyone else had crazier options. But..I dunno, I think QD simply makes Ike strong. It'd be really busted on some other characters.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ Helsong Helsong I am very much aware of how things like that (don't) work outside of fiction due to (un)common sense, watching people make and repeat idiotic mistakes in all things intimate, and an (un)healthy caution towards stuff like this, so yes, fidelity >>>>>>>>>>>.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yep, and it's still polarizing

Pokemon differences are pretty small and inconsequential, if you buy one game you're almost basically getting the other; you get mostly the same experience.

Because of the differences with this new fire emblem game, if you want to experience the entirety of it you actually would need to buy the counterpart version. Which isn't to say that's bad, it's just part of what makes it polarizing when compared to pokemon's separate versions, if that makes any sense...

In regards to the potential separation, I might prefer that over the alternative of it being released as dlc, because that might bar anyone who doesn't have a nintendo network account-thing from playing the version they would have wanted to play.
Hopefully they'll just ship that special edition version (with the 3rd campaign..?) along with whatever else they decide to ship.
I honestly can't blame Nintendo/IS for the decision they made regarding the game for the Japanese release, and still couldn't if they continue with that method overseas, if each path truly does have a content amount of Awakening along with the differences between level structure, they are effectively pretty different games with a similar theme to them (as compared to Pokemon which are basically the same game with slight differences here and there). Yeah it would suck on our wallets but it is still a perfectly valid decision for them from a business stand point considering the differences. As much as I want to the North America release to have all paths already on the cart (or at least the main 2), and think that will actually be the case because of the NA Direct worded it and didn't say anything about how it will be released here yet, I still won't be upset if they split them like in Japan.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The only thing that bothers me is that one is supposedly easier than the other, I'd rather them have the same difficulty

Player -0

Smash Hero
@ Helsong Helsong I don't necessarily agree but whatever. Getting a few laughs from your name now that I've thought about it though.

Yayyyy, I finally get to draw people in art. Proportions, perspective, and having no reference suck though. Will take pic of starting stuff later-ish if anyone cares.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I know you're joking but I still don't really appreciate this post at all. The PMDT is hard at work to get 3.6 out as soon as it can, that's all there is to it.
Will most characters have changes or is this patch mainly fixing bugs and fixing outliers in terms of balance and design.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
I hate humanity.

Stuff like this makes me want to go back to Melee Hell, but the fact they put a logo and add a Melee Hell opening on OC now is part of a major reason I left there in the first place.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I consider myself lucky to have never even crossed melee hell's borders. Social thread is about as "dank," as I can deal with.
Mh is way past it's prime. It went from a **** posting outlet and really funny to just stupid kids spaming

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Your loss~
All Melee Hell is now is a recycling of forced jokes that were only funny the first or second time, posting completely unrelated videos and just trying to relate them to Melee with the post's description, and caring about the quantity of posts and members rather than the quality of them. Those and the labeling of original content is a perfect example of people forgetting what the teleology of Melee Hell originally was: a clever satire of the Melee Social groups.

fin

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I've been meaning to leave forever TBH, all the good stuff trinkle's down now anyhow.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Project You Know What.

Or, for the dairing, Project Voldemort.

Now the PMDT just need to kill seven people so they can slice the soul of Project You Know What do it can never be destroyed.
I dunno, if we just take the 7 Brawls of Light and the 13 Melees of Darkness and have them clash together, then the Χ-cube Controller will reform and allow us to finally open the gate to the heart of all Smash, the one true and final Project Kingdom M in the near future.

We just need more Brawls to take over and use as vessels by filling them with Melee to bring us that much closer.

Top Bottom