• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Several people in this thread have quirks in how they type. I try to imagine it's out of habit and not ignorance. For example I tend to not end my last sentence with a period
What is me
Screw u in advance

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
i feel like mkx is a good mk game but mk is a bad fighting game so i dont **** with it
I mostly just wanted to watch the story cutscenes and I did that already. Decent sequel to MK9 in that regard.

The HUD elements look horrible in how monotone and squished they are with two different meters to look at.

D

Deleted member

tfw all the squirtle players complain how had the character and no one STILL wants to play against him.

you guys are worse than the melee fox players

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just got KoF 2002 working for Fightcade.

I have no idea what's next. This game is friggin huge and ridic complex.

Just look at the description of all the mechanics: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/The_King_of_Fighters_2002:_Unlimited_Match

Should I just stick with 3rd strike? I really want to learn classic fighters alongside Smash.
Don't be scared jump that's up to you lol. Those are just descriptions lol and for people who know FG mechanics mostly.

http://dreamcancel.com/
U.S Website for KOF stuff mainly 13.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
tfw all the squirtle players complain how had the character and no one STILL wants to play against him.

you guys are worse than the melee fox players
I think that's all Plate, and he's mostly being sarcastic and/or self-deprecating. The other squirtman players mostly seem to be pretty aware that he's alright.

Helsong

Smash Ace
I never could get into KoF, myself. It looks like fun, but the complexity did make me a bit wary. The other fighting game that I took seriously(other than Smash) was Soul Calibur 2, on the gamecube. It felt somewhat simple, but intuitive. Talim was the character I used there. Nightmare was always a pain to fight, though.

I made the mistake of going through some reddit threads. Lots of people complaining about Ike, even Ike mains. Could someone explain to a scrub what it is about Ike that has inspired salt? QD is good, but I don't think it's as busted as people seem to claim.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I never could get into KoF, myself. It looks like fun, but the complexity did make me a bit wary. The other fighting game that I took seriously(other than Smash) was Soul Calibur 2, on the gamecube. It felt somewhat simple, but intuitive. Talim was the character I used there. Nightmare was always a pain to fight, though.

I made the mistake of going through some reddit threads. Lots of people complaining about Ike, even Ike mains. Could someone explain to a scrub what it is about Ike that has inspired salt? QD is good, but I don't think it's as busted as people seem to claim.
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Also Soul Calibur 2 is fun but it has some dumb stuff that make the game even better though. In terms of competitive play it's pretty solid within the old 3d game spectrum and is the most argued for best balance in the series along with SCV.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL it's pretty hilarious. No one had a problem with Ike in 2.6 and he's received nothing but nerfs since then. I guess it really is true, people just latch on to whatever character wins and complains about them even if there's not necessarily anything wrong with them.

D

Deleted member

@ Strong Badam Strong Badam if i get roy'd again this week because 3.6 is taking forever i'm making you cover the prize difference

financially and emotionally

just make the stupid game already

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
tbh we should just remove roy from the premises imo
theres no way imo he can be balanced, his design is tbh just too op by default can't be balanced

Last edited:

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Obviously, the solution to all those balancing problems would be to remove Sonic from the game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Does u-air juggle and d-tilt the character really break the game?
its not game-breaking, just too powerful. you know something is up when a DD based character also has a better ground game than sheik even without DD use.

imagine if you took marth, and then doubled his sweetspot, made the sweetspot override the sourspot, removed sourspot on some of the moves anyway because **** it, made his recovery way more obnoxious, built in more ways to play around CC, gave him a reliable aerial kill move, gave him a few ways to combo into that kill move at relevant percents, threw in a few gimme-buffs like the side B reversal for no real reason. did we really need a strictly, significantly better marth? because that character exists.

think the MUs change? they don't, you're still losing to ROB DDD yoshi DK anyway. theres just no downside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
@ Strong Badam Strong Badam if i get roy'd again this week because 3.6 is taking forever i'm making you cover the prize difference

financially and emotionally

just make the stupid game already
I know you're joking but I still don't really appreciate this post at all. The PMDT is hard at work to get 3.6 out as soon as it can, that's all there is to it.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
Good lord I hope FE:IF won't actually be two versions worldwide. That's such a disappointing precedent otherwise.
yeah it's upsetting, that's pokemon's gimmick

oh my god could you imagine if fire emblem adopts the single save file thing too

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
It's Pokémon without the trading between versions social aspect, so it is just a one player rpg with half its promised content missing if they do that. You are essentially meant to play the easier Hoshido campaign and then the more difficult Nohr one in that order.

The U.S. Nintendo Direct trailer made it sound like we are getting the full version. It is messed up bait and switch advertising if we don't get at least two campaigns out of the box so we can choose our own adventure.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The comparison to Pokemon isn't entirely accurate. I mean in the case of Pokemon they are basically the same game with the same story with slight differences here and there and some different Pokemon whereas with Fire Emblem IF they are, basically, two completely different games in terms of story and level structure (Nohr being more linear and hard with limited exp/gold, so more traditional FE structure, while Hoshido is more like Awakening and Sacred Stones) after chapter 6 (I believe that is where the choice is made), so like I guess the Zelda Oracle games are a better comparison(?), and, according to Nintendo, both paths have content amount comparable to Awakening. It would still sucks that they might be separated overseas, but it is far from a bad case scenario, honestly, and could be a lot worse still.

Top Bottom