• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Helsong

Smash Ace
Melee needs customizable controls, and a control stick with more sensitivity.
Seriously, screw having to slam the control stick to dash. You get used to it, but it's sp pointless.
Actually, just have the sensitivity be customizable, too.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
All those things and more will be possible when Project B drops. It's been in development for 2 years, so a demo is bound to be released soon.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the removal of wavecheating.

Vashimus

Smash Master
What would you change the dash command to though? Flicking a direction twice like every other fighter, which is fine on arcade stick and d-pad, but feels crappy on analog?

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Melee needs customizable controls, and a control stick with more sensitivity.
Seriously, screw having to slam the control stick to dash. You get used to it, but it's sp pointless.
Actually, just have the sensitivity be customizable, too.
What would you change the dash command to though? Flicking a direction twice like every other fighter, which is fine on arcade stick and d-pad, but feels crappy on analog?
It's because melee has a retardely huge dead zone for the control stick, brawl doesnt so it reads your input earlier

Which means you actually have to be more accurate with your movement in pm lel

Helsong

Smash Ace
Yeah, what I meant was making the zones on the stick a bit smaller, allowing me to input a dash with less movement overall.
Seriously, F-Zero GX allows you to calibrate stick sensitivity, and that was pretty damn awesome. It even let you compensate for deadzones due to controller wear.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
For @Umbreon to be such a trolling ******* in PM, he sure is a salty mofo in Mario Kart. (Not that I'm one to talk. lol ) I love it so much. Can't wait to play with you again. <3

@ bec bec Playing with you gives me more time to see all the dumb stuff I do wrong, making it even more fun. Many thanks. You're awesome. Hugs and stuff. :3

Sorry about the Sonic thing, by the way. ¦D

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser he gets salty in pm too :p hehe but yeah playing with you was a blast except for the whole sonic thing
*hugs~*

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Programming homework is a lot more satisfying to finish than most other kinds of homework.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Programming homework is more satisfying because you just created something. It's like painting or writing.
In a lot of ways, it's art. You go through such a wide range of emotions and experiences as you finish a program.
I once spent two weeks writing a program, and I was working on it everyday for hours at a time. The final few days were non-stop working. I got furious, frustrated, angry, I felt elation followed by crushing despair, and at the very end, I had this immense feeling of satisfaction, followed by weariness. And when I beheld my creation, I knew that this was something born from me and me alone, that it was a culmination of what I had learned and experienced, and had someone else made it, their experiences would be different, yet relatable.

Programming is art. It's most elegant algorithms and code are often representative of it's creator's mind.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
I will never understand a woman's emotions towards me. Very dark pressures invade. By woman, I mean my woman. Not every woman in the world.

Also, Why is Mewtwo's disable feel terrible In Smash 4?

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
My toaster can run dolphin, but any steam game I try to play breaks. I bought Transistor last year when it was on sale and I still haven't been able to play it ;_;
I'm probably going to follow suit and build an (ahright) gaming PC. I've been trying to sell out and got a non-corporate comic retail job in the neighboring city so I can fund stuff like component expenses and decent art classes/casual tutoring. Also, finally getting my own tempory place after 17 years of living in Backwater Road of NotSanFran CA is gonna be hype.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Buying a 3DS this month. Besides FE, and Bravely Default, what should I consider? Getting back into Pokemon is something I am considering.

zman804

Smash Ace
speaking of stone ocean i totally just finished it

really didn't think it would end that way...
Stone Ocean is the most Bizarre Adventure. Mainly because people never bring up the craziest stuff that happens like Bohemian Rhapsody. I think it has one of the best end fights in JoJo though. The way Pucci actually wins is freaking crazy, so was the part where Jolyne turns her insides into a freaking mobius strip so C-Moon can't kill her. What was you favorite stand so far?[/spoilers]

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Buying a 3DS this month. Besides FE, and Bravely Default, what should I consider? Getting back into Pokemon is something I am considering.
I would recommend A Link Between Worlds if you like 2D Zelda.
I hear Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate(LOL the title) are really good too.
As for Kid Icarus Uprising, I would say to get a demo or find a friend who has the game to try it out.
IMO Uprising is a good game, but the controls aren't what I would call optimized....
The controls can make or break that game.

Get a new 3DS if you can so you can benefit from shorter load times and can get Xenoblade.

If those don't tickle your fancy, 3DS handhelds are backwards compatible with DS titles.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I forgot they were backwards compatible. Time to snatch up some dragon quest and FF as well.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Animal Crossing New Leaf is great if you like those types of games and weren't planning on doing anything for months a time.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Also, Why is Mewtwo's disable feel terrible In Smash 4?
Disable is amazing
You can do so many tricks with the aerial one because of the hop it gives you. It's really good for trying to catch edgeguarders lol

Grounded one is cool too, you can disable > dair if people dont tech

Disable will prolly be crap eeventually though. because opponents can sometimes randomly act out of it and I havent figured out why (either through repetive useage, or high percent)

Mewtwo is actually interesting though, I'm actually considering playing smash 4 again for him. And I rediscovered my love of Duck Hunt and the Can <3

@Warchamp7 Can emote when

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
We know not the struggle of Wario.

I now know why Wario cries...

But I can never waa...

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Already posted a while ago lol
Well I haven't been in here for over a day, so I didn't see it. lol

Disable is amazing
You can do so many tricks with the aerial one because of the hop it gives you. It's really good for trying to catch edgeguarders lol

Grounded one is cool too, you can disable > dair if people dont tech

Disable will prolly be crap eeventually though. because opponents can sometimes randomly act out of it and I havent figured out why (either through repetive useage, or high percent)

Mewtwo is actually interesting though, I'm actually considering playing smash 4 again for him. And I rediscovered my love of Duck Hunt and the Can <3

@Warchamp7 Can emote when
Uh, if you're talking Side-B, then the name of the move you're talking about is Confusion.

Disable is Down-B.

If you do mean Down-B...Then I'm utterly confused since the move I've heard people talking about being able to act out of early is usually Side-B.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Well I haven't been in here for over a day, so I didn't see it. lol

Uh, if you're talking Side-B, then the name of the move you're talking about is Confusion.

Disable is Down-B.

If you do mean Down-B...Then I'm utterly confused since the move I've heard people talking about being able to act out of early is usually Side-B.
Yeah I meant side b

Disable still stupid, why does this move exist

Still waiting for Pmdt to give mewtwo a new down b

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
A Link Between Worlds, it's ****ing awesome IMO. MM3D and OoT3D are good if your ok with remakes or never really gave the N64 versions a fair spin. I'd also recommend Shantae: TPC and Shovel Knight off the Eshop. Bravely Default and FE: Awakening are VERY good choices on your part.

Edit: RE: Revelations is also up there, and there's a good few decent 2D fighter ports etcetera.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
Who provided the singing? They're not terrible.
Also, that was more catchy than it had any right to be.

Also wow, looking back on my programming=art post, I'm almost a little embarrassed. I get way too passionate about this.
I think in my undergrad, an upperclassman that I looked up to described the satisfaction of finishing a massive, beautifully written program to be akin to orgasm. I didn't believe him at first.
I still don't, but I can see where senpai was coming from.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Who provided the singing? They're not terrible.
Also, that was more catchy than it had any right to be.

Also wow, looking back on my programming=art post, I'm almost a little embarrassed. I get way too passionate about this.
I think in my undergrad, an upperclassman that I looked up to described the satisfaction of finishing a massive, beautifully written program to be akin to orgasm. I didn't believe him at first.
I still don't, but I can see where senpai was coming from.
Obviously you know that having that passion is a good thing

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Last I heard it's -5 on hit, which might answer your question.
It just seems random is the thing, like sometimes I could act out of it, and then other times where I couldn't. Also aerial side b was easier to get out of compared to grounded side b.

Hopefully there were just some bugs or something in m2 right now and they get fixed when he rolls out fully on the 28th.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Obviously you know that having that passion is a good thing
You can definitely add passion to your code. It might not be obvious to others that look at your code after the fact, but the act of coding can be a very passionate one.
I mean, don't knock coding to "Let's Get It On" until you've tried it.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
You can definitely add passion to your code. It might not be obvious to others that look at your code after the fact, but the act of coding can be a very passionate one.
lewd

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I wasn't feeling it when I took Intro to Programming. ORLY was telling me he likes it for the fact that it's like solving a puzzle.

Closest I've had to fun was with Wc3 World editor, in which case I made a lot of different custom games involving their Event GUI for things. I feel my work and coding is the sloppy variety though.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
melee hell is cool sometimes but someone just legit shared a video on there of a kid talking about them being genderqueer and just ****ting on them

facebook groups like that just seem like a chance of ****ty people being able to show that their ****ty without being judged

(duh)

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
toaster's programming professor: I have a special final exam for you.

*hands toast paper*

>Project M 3.6: PAL version

toaster: .......Well ****.

Last edited:
Top Bottom