• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Am I crazy for thinking that Fox will consistently waveshine ntsc Marth in the not-so-distant future?
I think in practice people already do it consistently

but Reacting to Marth's DI on the shine or CC on the shine makes it so hard to cover all, safer to just grab

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"You have completed, but not passed, the assessment. Thank you for applying."

Hahaha, **** you too, Walmart.

Ugh...I hate job searching and filling out applications.

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser It gets so much easier if you know someone. Do you know anyone in the area that would be willing to give you a decent recommendation or pass your resume onto their supervisor?

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
"You have completed, but not passed, the assessment. Thank you for applying."

Hahaha, **** you too, Walmart.

Ugh...I hate job searching and filling out applications.
Which assessments? Were the ones you took just general questions about your work ethics and situation decisions?

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I've always felt that talk is cheap when it comes to queries like that. Why do they even ask them? They should let you DEMONSTRATE your answers to those while you're on the clock.
/enormous bias

...Why am I still pranked?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I don't need to be patronized by premiums.
- - - - -
Ya pretty much.
This reminds me of ESAM's samus missile stage guide lol.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser It gets so much easier if you know someone. Do you know anyone in the area that would be willing to give you a decent recommendation or pass your resume onto their supervisor?
Considering I just moved here, no really. There's one guaranteed job that I can apply to through a friend of a friend, but said friend still needs to give me the URL for it. I'll choke it out of him when he gets home.

As for the second part, well, I'd need to be applying to a job that requires a resume for that to happen...And even then. I'd need to actually have a resume as well. Shame I have no ****ing clue how to make one and I've only ever worked one job for all of 3 days due o the place being a cluster**** of a mess that didn't want to keep any new people.

Damn McDonalds. Scared me away from Fast Food jobs, that's for sure. >>' But that was before I moved.

Anywho, applying to Kohl's now. It's funny cause that's my name. Haha...-sigh-

I'd love to DEAD SPIKE someone's CARNAGE SCISSORS with my INFERNO DIVIDER right now.

Which assessments? Were the ones you took just general questions about your work ethics and situation decisions?
Pretty much. I've never "not passed" one before, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Considering I just moved here, no really. There's one guaranteed job that I can apply to through a friend of a friend, but said friend still needs to give me the URL for it. I'll choke it out of him when he gets home.
yo you got a guaranteed job? any chance that can extend to me, or not really?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
yo you got a guaranteed job? any chance that can extend to me, or not really?
You really wanna sit at the opening of a pool letting people in and out and cussing out people when they break the rules at the place all day? - -

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
im trusting you for now, but if cat girls and boxies and the sound JAOO JAOO JAOO JAAOOO OH OH
comes up im gonna find you

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
You really wanna sit at the opening of a pool letting people in and out and cussing out people when they break the rules at the place all day? - -
Intimidating people into submission with my voice alone with the only consequence being getting paid...?
...Sign me right up.
(I have stored anger to spare, and I like being loud for the sake of being loud, which I never get to do)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
it isn't high on my bucket list but hey a job's a job
Then I guess I'll ask about seeing if we can slide you in there and if it's all good, I'll have you come over this way so you can meet the people and whatever.

Hope that's fine.

D

Deleted member

is it bad that it actually sounds like a sweet job? easy, get a tan, hang out at a pool all day. seems legit

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I just got a jury summon

Guess it'll be fun to decide whether a not a person gets to go to prison

Helsong

Smash Ace
Having a pretty nice resume helps, too. If there's some sort of unemployment center around you, check and see if they offer any sort of lessons/seminars on having a better resume. Colleges also have those, but it's likely to not be open to the public, but you never know.

I'd totally do that part time, sounds like a "screw around roughly 70% of the time" job. I've got a friend that does a security gig. He literally just plays games and reads all night, since his job really just entails half-way paying attention to security feeds and calling security guards if he notices something. I'm never banking there.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
@ ~Dad~ ~Dad~

Happy bday Don. Your gift is one free snog the first time you see me.

And if you're in the mood later you could hydrocrawl into my tipper dtilt.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Hm, having a job seems nice. I'd actually be able to provide for my waifu and two kids instead of play Smash Brothers for once.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
is it bad that it actually sounds like a sweet job? easy, get a tan, hang out at a pool all day. seems legit
If I get any blacker, I'll be the one everybody calls Umbreon.

That aside, putting it that way does make the job sound pretty chill.

Having a pretty nice resume helps, too. If there's some sort of unemployment center around you, check and see if they offer any sort of lessons/seminars on having a better resume. Colleges also have those, but it's likely to not be open to the public, but you never know.
TWU, which funny enough does have guys attending, has no problem letting people in for stuff as long as an attendee is the one bringing them in here and my close friend is one so maybe that might be a thing. I highly doubt it, but we'll see.

Helsong

Smash Ace
TWU, which funny enough does have guys attending, has no problem letting people in for stuff as long as an attendee is the one bringing them in here and my close friend is one so maybe that might be a thing. I highly doubt it, but we'll see.
Do it, and take notes. Having a good resume+decent cover letter can help a lot, even if you don't have an "in".
For real though, once you land a job, network like crazy and make sure you never get into a hole where you can't find another one(barring circumstances like moving). It's not an easy hole to get out of, speaking from my own experience here.

Top Bottom