• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Xenoblade was honestly overrated. Busted battle system, generally meh characters, lousy quests, way too easy to outlevel everything, inconsistent writing. I don't mean to make it sound like a bad game by saying that, but it was overhyped.

Dolphin is the best way to play it; the retexture pack plays to the game's greatest strength, Gecko codes alleviate some of its flaws (reduced EXP/AP/SP gain does wonders), and you can even play it in 3D these days if you've got a compatible monitor.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Why would you buy a brand new game you know almost nothing about in the fist place?

Edit: I don't know what I'm talking about pls ignore my stupidity. (Or not.)

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I gotta try Xenoblade one of these days, it's definitely on my backlog of games but I just don't really have the time or desire to go through the process of pirating and playing through all the interesting games I've heard about. Xenoblade in particular is kinda daunting because of it's supposed length.

Plus I'm way too invested in completing Bloodborne a few times, getting everything, understanding the lore, then delving into PvP. I'm still on my first playthrough and apparently I've reached the final boss... Which feels kinda underwhelming tbh because I feel like I haven't put in any where near the same amount of time I did with DaS, iirc I'm up to about 20-30ish hours? I don't know, hopefully I've just missed a ton of stuff.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Ew Xenoblade

Still dont get why people like it so much.

I just want Record Breaker to be out already ;-;

Vashimus

Smash Master
Buy new JRPG
Play for little while
Get bored, play other games
Don't touch game for 6 months
Pick it back up
".....Where the **** am I supposed to go again?"
Put game back down, we'll figure it out later
Never go back to it

Sorry Xenoblade, I just wasn't really feeling it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

my real problem with xenoblade was the battle and leveling system- if you go into a battle 1 or 2 levels under, You Will Lose, it doesnt matter what you do or how good you are or your equipment or any of that. you will then go out and grind a few levels, and then You Will Win regardless of what you do. i had a few boss battles where i went in at like 2 levels above recommended and i stood still to see how long it would take me to lose (and i won a few of those). and unfortunately, i'm not stupid enough to be able to ignore design that obviously bad.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Buy new JRPG
Play for little while
Get bored, play other games
Don't touch game for 6 months
Pick it back up
".....Where the **** am I supposed to go again?"
I stopped playing Chrono Trigger for a long time because of this problem. Eventually I just restarted and beat the game a year after dropping it.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
my real problem with xenoblade was the battle and leveling system- if you go into a battle 1 or 2 levels under, You Will Lose, it doesnt matter what you do or how good you are or your equipment or any of that. you will then go out and grind a few levels, and then You Will Win regardless of what you do. i had a few boss battles where i went in at like 2 levels above recommended and i stood still to see how long it would take me to lose (and i won a few of those). and unfortunately, i'm not stupid enough to be able to ignore design that obviously bad.
This is definitely one of my biggest gripes with the game. The whole point of equipment and gemming and proper skill assignments is to be prepared and deal with difficult fights, but the whole level-advantage system ruins this. The only place it really works is when fighting the super bosses (so basically 7 of the game's ~128-ish Unique Monsters that you can only fight late game) and you still need Night Vision to even hit them reliably since you have a gigantic Agility penalty.

Love Xenoblade if not just for running around in it and fighting UM's, but not going to deny this is a pretty serious problem. Xenoblade X honestly looks like a proper sequel in every way and I hope this mechanic is gone in it.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Level correction in Xenoblade was hilariously steep. -5 levels? 40 agility penalty. That's fine. -6 levels? Say goodbye to 120 agility, ie a 120% reduction in hitrate. Oh, and you double-dip on the penalty because enemy block rates depend in part on your own hitrate. Now your tension nosedives and suddenly you can't hit anything. They offset this on the superbosses by giving them unusually low agility, which means they were aware of the problem and went with it anyway. Damage buffs/nerfs in either direction mean almost nothing due to how many strong defensive/healing options you have access to even without a dedicated healer. It's actually possible to kill the superbosses with just one character, though it takes forever.

Later on you can just topple lock or ether cheese UMs if you can't hit them otherwise... and if you can hit them, every monster in the game becomes trivial because chain attacks are broke as hell. Burst damage, healing (chain heal skill links goooo)... and it's literally impossible to die from any attack that hits you as you initiate the chain attack. The game is very binary in terms of your ability to win a fight.

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's without mentioning other hilarious late-game gems like Talent Boost which adds a flat Talent increase to auto-attacks, making Seven's Sword Drones available much more frequently especially if she's gemmed for Haste and Double Attack. Tie that in with her Explosion of Energy skill and she's reaching and maintaining max tension (accessing Final Cross) for the entire fight, making her nigh unstoppable with the right skill combinations.

I really, really wish the game's NG+ was designed around how broken you can get. So many ridiculous tools and not a single enemy that can withstand it.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Oh christ, just learned that Northwest Majors isn't going to have PM pools. Ridiculous. :/

I'll just need to MM goddamn everyone

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
my zelda requested changelist for 3.5 was about 14 pages, but everyone but the zelda players are happy about it
Heh, I just hit about 13.5 pages, and am more or less done. I'm waiting on cmart's response to see if she wants first dibs on looking at it, or if I should start showing up at other PMDT members' doors like a Jehovah's Witness/Mormon.

"Have you heard the good news about our Lord and Savior, the less-complex but more-deep and generally more fun to play both as and against, Bowser?"

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I gotta try Xenoblade one of these days, it's definitely on my backlog of games but I just don't really have the time or desire to go through the process of pirating and playing through all the interesting games I've heard about.
I don't know how people have time for games. I lost desire to play anything but Smash after Wc3 and a couple free FPS games died. I've wanted to re-play something like Metroid Prime but I wouldn't learn anything and would be wasting time. I feel I can't use the term gamer anymore to describe myself, especially when people just list all these new console games they play and I cringe.
I'm waiting on cmart's response to see if she wants first dibs on looking at it
How did you derive he was a girl?

http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/324a64/number_10_ike_el_man/ People are never happy.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
It's almost as bad as facebook in that regard.

At least someone understands traditional messaging systems. :denzel:
you wanna do the elsword thing like an hour from now?

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
BR is the PM monthly down here, it usually ends at a reasonable time (last time finished at like 8 PM I think). It's at FX Game Exchange in Plano, dubs starts at 11 and singles at 1 PM.
@Umbreon @bec

Alrighty. Do I have to pay anything to get in? Kinda low on cash from getting food and supplies. Also, in case my usual rides back aren't able or..."willing" to come pick me up afterwards, could I get someone to give me a ride back? If not, I understand. I'll try to work something else out.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
cmart's skype name is Susan. I asked about it and what pronouns she preferred, and the response was along the lines of "ehhh, anything is fine".

So I say 'she' because **** the police.
there's like a 8/10 chance that cmart is dead from all the curses i've directed at him/her

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I don't know how people have time for games. I lost desire to play anything but Smash after Wc3 and a couple free FPS games died. I've wanted to re-play something like Metroid Prime but I wouldn't learn anything and would be wasting time. I feel I can't use the term gamer anymore to describe myself, especially when people just list all these new console games they play and I cringe.
I've never liked the term "gamer", don't really know why. But yeah, I feel like video games are dead to me, or I've grown out of the phase where I looked forward to playing them. With the exception of challenging games, I feel I'm not really gaining anything out of playing them. I mean, I want to go back and finish Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Papers Please and Fallout 2, and I want to try Xenoblade, GTAV, Red Dead Redemption and Shadow of Mordor, but for some reason I doubt they would give me that sense of accomplishment that serves as my only reason for playing in the first place. Basically, I no longer find games entertaining or worth-while unless they're hard.:urg:

Top Bottom