• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PMBR is gonna revisit his Upb in many ways, I can smellllllll it from here.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
its 4 am just wanted to tell you all that you suck

especially DMG

i rock, and roll
sweet susie

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I don't entirely remember when to sleep but I DID IT FOLKS, I SLEPT

s/o to up-b OoS into nair. s/o to trees. trees are pretty damn cool

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I mean didn't he spend sleepless nights in development for melee? if those were my standards I'd have given up on trying to meet them years ago

Sent from A Strange Noise, right above you. what on earth could that noise be. it is getting louder. you are too late. become a part of the horde

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
While DMGs avatar was Rodney Dangerfield I read them as if Rodney had come and taken over the Rock's account while he was off being Hollywood. It entertained me. On a separate note do we know of any potential PM Apex qualifiers coming up in September or October, or even November?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alex Strife said that APEX will only have qualifiers for Melee and Brawl this year, so none for PM.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
question to anyone who vaguely understands stage hacking: how flexible is delfino plaza, in terms of what you can/can't change in it?

Kati

Smash Lord
question to anyone who vaguely understands stage hacking: how flexible is delfino plaza, in terms of what you can/can't change in it?
What specifically are you trying to do?

Boundaries are always easy, collisions too.

M22k knows how to animate platforms and stuff if you want to change it's flight path. He made a version of Mario kart where a new platform rises from the ground and takes off Mute City style.

I haven't had the stage in my build for well over a year now, but when I did, I had it slowed down by two thirds. This gave players the chance to settle into the destination or changing platform arrangement. It was quite the improvement imo, though the propellers on the stage were obviously in slo-mo, which can be interpreted as either cool or jarring.

You could probably also move or delete objects found at the various destinations rather easily. In theory say, the parasols by the cafe or w/e could be manipulated as mentioned.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ok cool. in general, I've always liked the idea of delfino but it's not very well executed

I want to change around the areas the stage plops you down on, because while I'm alright with some of them, almost all of them are real dumb. there's sections that are just "final destination but also with water", some are just almost entirely flat walk-off sections, and then there's that awful section with the three tower-ish platforms over the water that doesn't really have a non-gimmicky purpose

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ben Affleck is the new Batman, and the internet is losing their friggin' minds over it. Am I the only person who thinks he might do a good job (That is if Zack Snyder doesn't make the movie suck with his overly visual, story lacking, directing.)?

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Ben Affleck is the new Batman, and the internet is losing their friggin' minds over it. Am I the only person who thinks he might do a good job (That is if Zack Snyder doesn't make the movie suck with his overly visual, story lacking, directing.)?
The internet is afraid of change, people will dislike it regardless of execution.
ben-affleck-becomes-batman-and-everyone-loses-their-minds.jpg

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Ben Affleck is pretty damn terrible in everything other than Good WIll Hunting, The Town and Argo. So I don't have much hope for him unless he plays Batman as a lower class townie thug.

And Zack Snyder is basing this first time superhero team up on The Dark Knight Returns, where they hate each other's guts and act like jerks rather than working for the common good. The guy ruined Watchmen and made Man of Steel's last 30 minutes almost unwatchable, why does this crappy director keep getting hired?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Anyone have links to good stage hacking tutorials? I wanna start creating stages but I can't find any tutorials on the subject

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
he was too busy lovingly recreating dr. manhattan's peen to actually pay attention to telling a story

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk, I've heard he's a bad director now for the past idk how long

Want Batman to get the Michael Bay treatment?

SUDDENLY, BATMAN IS AN ALIEN AND HE LOST EVERYTHING COOL ABOUT HIM CGI GEAR AND EQUIPMENT BLOWS STUFF UP 30 MINUTE CONVERSATION IN THE BAT MOBILE CONFESSING HIS LOVE FOR MACHINES

Oh yeah, there's a twist *M NIGHT SHAMALASHIMALA SHOULDA BOUGHT A HONDA*

The Joker is in love with Batman and asks him over for Dinner but then Ben Affleck says no, my trees need me, so he goes back into the wilderness to chop them into firewood for the starving children. Meanwhile, Transformers come busting in with TMNT paint jobs on and start shooting lasers our their cannon arms or whatever who gives a **** at this point. Stuff is happening.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
he was too busy lovingly recreating dr. manhattan's peen to actually pay attention to telling a story
Really? 'Cause it was a pretty faithful movie adaptation of the original series (sans the ending), just spruced up a bit here and there with Hollywood (slo-mo fight scenes, the looooooooooooooooong ass sex scene, etc). It was even better with the Director's Cut when you included the Tales of the Black Freighter vignettes. Of course you're not gonna get the same exact bloody experience as you would reading the original series; do you know just how much material was crammed into it? Put into a singular graphic novel, and it rivaled most traditional books in length and scope.

I thought Snyder did a pretty good job with Watchmen, for what it was.

Smooth Criminal

Kati

Smash Lord
ok cool. in general, I've always liked the idea of delfino but it's not very well executed

I want to change around the areas the stage plops you down on, because while I'm alright with some of them, almost all of them are real dumb. there's sections that are just "final destination but also with water", some are just almost entirely flat walk-off sections, and then there's that awful section with the three tower-ish platforms over the water that doesn't really have a non-gimmicky purpose
A revamp would require the magic of an elite stage hacker of m22k's level. While I have been keeping up with modded smash for years now, I have yet to gain a sense for the stage hacking circle to be able to drop any one's name.

However, I think that even a Delphino with new destinations would still be an iffy stage because of the main base/platform with ledges being so thin. This last point is entirely personal though, and not something I have seen expressed by anyone else.

The internet is afraid of change, people will dislike it regardless of execution.
View attachment 2447
This^

except that foreign countries aren't going to listen to us civilians whine about their politics/astrocities/choices (not saying that your own politicians won't listen though, but I'm not qualified to get into that).

Whereas hollywood lives because of the consumers.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Watchmen would have worked much better as an honest detective mystery that focused mostly on Rorschach finding out the truth of his friend's murder with these crazy cast of characters surrounding him. Instead it tries to be all things to everyone and fails to entertain in it's weird structure, lame action and badly acted love triangle from Jupiter's actress.

Making a mostly pure adaptation might make fanboy underwear wet but doesn't always work in a different medium. Streamlining parts of the story and telling it from a particular perspective are more interesting.

The movie feels very bloated, especially the Director's Cut (despite having a few cool moments I wish were in the movie) and just fell flat.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Watchmen would have worked much better as an honest detective mystery that focused mostly on Roscharch finding out the truth of his friend's murder with these crazy cast of characters surrounding him. Instead it tries to be all things to everyone and fails to entertain in it's weird structure, lame action and badly acted love triangle from Jupiter's actress.

Making a mostly pure adaptation might make fanboy underwear wet but doesn't always work in a different medium. Streamlining parts of the story and telling it from a particular perspective are more interesting.

The movie feels very bloated, especially the Director's Cut (despite having a few cool moments I wish were in the movie) and just fell flat.
I can respect that. You make a good point in separating the mediums.

Smooth Criminal

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Ben Affleck is pretty damn terrible in everything other than Good WIll Hunting, The Town and Argo. So I don't have much hope for him unless he plays Batman as a lower class townie thug.

And Zack Snyder is basing this first time superhero team up on The Dark Knight Returns, where they hate each other's guts and act like jerks rather than working for the common good. The guy ruined Watchmen and made Man of Steel's last 30 minutes almost unwatchable, why does this crappy director keep getting hired?
Is Affleck bad because of him or because the movies that he's bad in suck? I think Patton Oswald put it pretty well when he explained the bad movies that Affleck has been in and how it works in the acting game.

It makes no sense to base a superhero team-up on Dark Knight Returns, considering there were no team-ups in that movie. Seems to be more stupid decisions by a director that cares more about visuals than a good story. I absolutely hated Man of Steel, though Watchmen was....eh, it was alright, though nothing special. I already have a bad feeling about this new Batman appearance because of Snyder, but if you really think about it, Nolan's trilogy wasn't the be-all, end-all Batman movie either. Maybe it'll be good, but considering how much I hated Man of Steel, I have very few hopes or expectations for this next one.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It's too early for Ultimate Superman vs. Batman. There should be a Man of Steel sequel (regardless of the first one's quality) to give supers some time in the spotlight imo.

Also, I don't know much about Ben Affleck, but the Christian Bale Batman DEFINITELY needs to stop. That voice is ridiculous.

leelue

Smash Lord
I thought watchmen was very good, if bloated a bit. Last I heard, bloating isn't ruining.

If we had a Detective movie with random crazy people around him, we would just be wondering who in the hell these random people are and why didn't we see more of them. Making a movie adaptation that just sidelines entire characters is an easy way to make people upset.

There were patches of bad acting, most notably when the old lady character was narrating her flashbacks..

I am not a fanboy of the watchmen novel at all, and changing the conflict that the antagonist was working towards made far more sense than the "ok guy, this is silly" one that would have been reacted to poorly by the audience who hadn't read the novel.

--------

What was wrong with the "entire"last half hour of man of steel?

--------

"ben affleck was terrible in everything except (old movie), Argo and the town"
His 2 most recent movies had good performances? So... isn't that a good place to start your judgment on?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
"WHERE IS SHE!?!?!?!? WHERE IS SHE?!?!?!?"

Batman plz calm down

Top Bottom